Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

I just saw the e-mail and went out to his website. Where did this mini collection come from?

@TraceyEB not sure, but I wonder if it's what's on the model in the Soleil campaign.

Smart observation! I really want that glossy eye look that came out with the cream blush/highlighters and lipstick duos. 🙂

Just got an email about a new 'paradiso' collection based on the lip color - seems to be a cream duo, the moisturecore lipstick and the cream blush.

IMG_9229.PNG

@Mochapj I see these up on Holt Renfrew now too (not available yet).

Although the cream in Paradiso eye duo looks a lot like the cream in Golden Peach (Pink Haze?) with a different topper (more bronze/copper?)

@lachaton yeah I was wondering that, too.  I flipped back and forth between the product photos on TF website and they do look very similar.

Maybe it's the copper glitter from Cognac Sable?  Or maybe it's going to be a minutely different cream like they did with Young Adonis/Platinum.

That could be! 

I keep expecting they will bring back the last few shades of cream shadow that were LE (Escapade and Illicit) but this looks like it's not quite right to be either of those.

Can anyone compare the new lip balms to the formula of the surratt lipsliques? 🙂

IMG_0757.JPG

Pure Shore lip balm. It is pigmented and pretty long lasting. It is a bit thinner than Fresh lip tint (in a good way). It grew on me.

Spoiler
Totally inappropriately unrelated rant: gosh I looked old or at least that how I feel nowadays lol

New TF scent coming:

Sole di Positano, with its citrusy and floral tones, allegedly encompasses the beauty of this dreamy location and the Italian coast.

Its top notes include citrus fruits such as Calabrian bergamot, bitter orange, mandarin and lemon. The Mediterranean idyll and sunny atmosphere is captured in the heart of the perfume with notes of shiso leaf, orange blossom, ylang-ylang, jasmine, lily of the valley and neroli. The base ends with a dose of green moss.

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 12.52.13 PM.png

Just an FYI - I read this week that TF is changing all of their brushes to synthetics, so if there are any of the goat hair brushes anyone has their eyes on, they may want to pick it up before they disappear.

Oh now I feel the urge to get them before they are gone forever...

Would you recommend the bronzer brush and the blush brush? 

@Babypeachist sorry, I was having a convo with someone about these brushes today and I thought it was in here, but it must've been where I crossposted the news in the brush thread.

Personally I'm not a huge fan of the TF brushes, but I am not a huge fan of goat hair brushes in general.

I have both the brushes you're asking about and for my face I find them too large to be effective.  Also, I've had my bronzer brush for about a year and a half and it is still shedding.  It's normal for brushes to shed a little at the beginning when there may be a few loose hairs that weren't removed during production, but it's not good to continually shed over time.

The blush brush was too big for my face and I ended up purchasing the cream foundation brush (02?) to use for blush instead, but overall, I'm not a fan.  The only brush I really enjoy is the blending brush.

@Mochapj Thank you for the detailed answer! You are very knowledgeable and always helpful:) They should be perfect at such price points. I guess I will pass.

I tried out the Tom Ford Eye Defining Pen and oh my goodness I'm in love.  It is the smoothest eyeliner and the size/weight of the pen makes it so easy to use and control.  I wish it came in another color aside from black, like espresso but I'll take black if that's all I can get lol.  

Sephora... please, please, please add this to the Tom Ford products that you carry.  

Tom Ford Eye Difiner.jpg 

I got to know this item when I watched Tati's video on youtube. Desperately wanted to try this.

I am so tempted to get this, it just seems so pricey for a liquid liner. But I've seen nothing but rave reviews of it. I haven't been that happy with the KVD liner and the Charlotte Tilbury one seemed to dry out quickly. Maybe it's time I take the plunge and upgrade to this. If it makes winged liner faster/easier/perfect then I can probably justify the cost. 😄

This one is so much easier than the KVD one. That one tugged on my eye a lot. I also found it dried out quickly too. 

I'm really glad to hear that, I had those same issues with the KVD liner (and CT's once it started drying out). 

3 Replies
testing