Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

So what you're saying is...I should just buy black dahlia and black orchid? 😄

Hi @Libellulesadding my 2 cents in here- 🙂 I feel like formula and finish is different in  Black Dahlia lipstick (as I also have) vs  Sabateur and though a bit trickier to apply, the Sabateur is longer lasting and has much less bleed.  They are somewhere in between the lipstick formulas I agree and I also wish were in lipstick form but they are good! I like them quite a bit so far. Try one! 😀

Speaking as someone that owns Black Dahlia, Black Orchid, and this......I am not saying anything.

My interest in lipsticks is not "typical".  So use your discretion 🙂

Beautylookbook had swatches of the lip shade things:

Screen Shot 2017-02-10 at 12.14.46 PM.png

Anonymous Insider

I really dislike the packaging, but I do think these actually create some cool ombre effect...and I love the shade Possession. I'm so torn. 

Some of these are super pretty. I just hate using a lip brush; I don't have time for that for reapplication. 

Sabateur and nikita look lovely.. I guess the only way is if I load up a travel/lidded lip brush with product for reapplication. 

Or as @greenchilli suggested, use fingers - then walk around with stained tips. 

@Anewxa

I picked up Sabateur and Nikita.  Will swatch and show tomorrow. I intend to use fingers.  

I was talking to a friend today that wears long nails.  That could be a problem.  I keep my nails short (they can never be short enough), and I am very much a hands/fingers person.  In fact, I prefer it,  So off I go at it tomorrow.  

@greenchilli 

Looking forward to thoughts and swatches for these two. The left (darker) side of Sabateur is beautiful but seems uneven in some swatches I have seen.

In BeautyLookBook's review, she mentions that she preferred applying them with a finger instead of the enclosed applicators as well.

I bought both Sabateur and Nikita yesterday because I loved one color in each. Grr. Lol. Agree on the finger app. They are so lightweight and so pretty and do leave great stain. Was surprised how much I am loving them so far. And they also look good mixed together; I'm not patient enough nor good at ombré look! 

Also meant to also add how beautiful the color and application of the new Disclosure pinky plum blush is. Light as a feather with prettiest buildable coverage, tiniest bit of pretty shimmer. Very tiny but effective! 

Also heres a comparison of a few blushes I own which I thought were closer to Inhibition. It really is more pinky than I thought it would be so Im glad!  I took a photo in dull indoor lighting so you can see how they actually look.  Flash was washing them out and it was hard to see the undertones and how rich they are.

Going in the direction furthest from my sleeve towards my sleeve (weird description I know but it always uploads weird and looks different for everyone) is surratt rose du soir, tom ford inhibition, marc jacobs flesh n fantasy and becca wild honey.

Spoiler
IMG_0777.JPG

From pink side to non pink side, Wicked (old), Inhibition(new), Frantic Pink (new) and then the cocoa mirage quad. Photos taken in bathroom lighting then with flash.  Flash really washes them out and they look more intense without it! I am not sure how Frantic Pink was before but I'm happy with how it is now, it's exactly what I'm missing in my collection.

IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_0773.JPG

I got the two new cream shade and illuminate palettes. 

image.jpeg

These are so close to soft core and stroked. They are crazy emollient so if you're oily, be careful. These are pretty natural on my skin in color; the finish is almost wet. 

image.jpegTop is Scintillate and bottom is stroked. 

image.jpegTop is Sublimate and bottom Softcore. 

It goes on the skin nicely but pretty sheer. I'm testing wear time now. I'll keep you posted. 

@blackkitty2014@TraceyEB@virgo87 I'm actually happy with how this wore. It settles into your skin nicely. At first, it was quite emollient and had that wet look on the skin. As it dried (I guess) it started looking very natural on the skin. I only did a test for about 1/2 day yesterday (6 hours) but it did well. It's a natural looking blush. I will try it again this weekend for sure. 

Thanks for the update, @mrsbaine. The blush sounds beautiful based on the first use. Hope it continues with further wear/testing! I hope the highlighter performs as well.

You are the best @mrsbaine. Can't wait to hear more from you on these blushes.

Really looking forward to hearing how they wear on you, @mrsbaine, and how much the shades can be built up.

Thanks for the info so far @mrsbaine. Can't wait to hear you thoughts as you wear them more.

Do any of you know how much the Tom Ford blushes are sold for at the Cosmetics Company Outlet? I just called my local one and they have Wicked and Savage or Ravish (I forgot which of the two it was).  I want to grab both but she wasn't allowed to tell me pricing over the phone? I found that sorta weird.  Are they usually 30% off or so?

5 Replies
testing