Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

@blackkitty2014 I actually received them late last week and my comments were based on me already having worn them.

here is a photo of each. To clarify my statements from last night, my main issue is there is no wow factor with these blushes for me. If I'm going to pay $70 for a blush (which is what these cost in Canada) I expect it to be more than just basic.

As for Solar Exposure, I like everything in the palette except the blush. The blush only shows up as a sheen on my skintone - no color is visible on me at all

Spoiler
inhibitionIMG_7234.JPG
Disclosure 
IMG_7353.JPG

Solar exposure
IMG_7163.JPG
IMG_7076.JPG

@Mochapj

I agree with all your evaluations.  It hasn't stopped you from looking hella cute though.

Aw, thanks Chilli @greenchilli!

Must be all that glitter and fairy dust I eat for breakfast 😄

Thx again @Mochapj. Ah, sorry to hear that 😞  You do look gorgeous in all those pictures. Heart the looks. Thx for the swatch of Solar Exposure. I might just pick up Solar Exposure for now.

Thanks BK!

I do really like the Solar Exposure palette.  The blush in it is a shame, but the rest more than makes up for it, IMO.

It seemed really odd the way they chose to mix the colors in it, though.  The blush is warm, the shadows are all fairly neutral but the highlight is cool and sort of silvery.  I think it would've made more sense for the blush and highlight to be more complimentary to each other.

@Mochapj

Disclosure doesn't have much of a sheen from the pictures.  Lately I have liked sheen/shimmer in blushes.

I will think on it this weekend.  Weekday brain is fried.

@greenchilli You are correct. The new shades (and supposedly the reformulated old shades) all have less shimmer than they used to.

I find the new shimmer free version isn't even as luminous as the old shades like Flush and Frantic Pink that weren't really shimmery at all.

I just bough Disclosure because it's right up my alley. 

I had a gift card to Neiman's and ordered my first Tom Ford quad in Honeymoon.  Unfortunately, it is on backorder until March. 😞

So, is Honeymoon worth waiting for or should I change my order to the ubiquitous Nude Dip?

Hi Tamara, I ordered Nude Dip before the holidays and, frankly, I'm a little underwhelmed by it. Honeymoon, on the other hand, is well worth the wait. Honeymoon was back-ordered when I placed my order with NM when it first came out and to my thrill, it was fulfilled well ahead of the back-ordered date. Fingers crossed that'll be your experience, too.

@TraceyEB Good to know!  Hopefully my order will be fulfilled early, too!  Thanks for the recommendation! ❤️

110% worth the wait. 

Excellent!  Thanks for the tip! @mrsbaine

Tamara not sure what your skintone is but if you're any darker than medium I'd recommend waiting for honeymoon. Nude Dip can look quite frosty/ashy on medium+ skin.

Thank you for the tip!  @Mochapj

My complexion is pretty light, but I look better in warmer shades, so this info is very helpful!

@Tamara76I have both quads. I like them both. Are you wanting Honeymoon for the colors in it and plan on using it a lot? Do you actually want Nude Dip or just willing to get it since you will have to wait for Honeymoon?

@virgo87 Thanks for the quick response!  

I am so in love with swatches of Honeymoon and I think it would really compliment my green eyes.  My Master Palette by Mario is currently my favorite palette and Honeymoon seems to be in the same color family.

However, patience is not my strong suit, so I've considered switching out for Nude Dip as it seems to flatter pretty much everyone.

@Tamara76  I have green eyes as well and Honeymoon will definitely bring them out.

I would say be patient and wait for the Honeymoon palette if you have really been wanting it.

While I love the Nude Dip palette and can get some really pretty looks out of it. I appreciate the way the Honeymoon makes my green eyes 'pop' and it isn't like every other palette out there.

Hi @virgo87, I just got Nude Dip and am a little underwhelmed by it.I'm still experimenting and haven't tried it with a wet brush yet. How do you like to wear it?

@TraceyEB

I tend to wear the top left or right shade in my inner 1/3 of my eyelid and wear the bottom left on the outer 2/3 of my eyelid and a bit into my outer crease. I tend to wear a purple or pink matte shade in the crease. Then if I feel like it I add a bit of the bottom right in the outer corner/v. It is more of a softer not so crazy look but I find it brings brightness and life to my eyes.

But sometimes I will just wear 2 of the colors like the bottom left and one of the top colors. It all depends on my mood the day I grab that palette too.

Thank you so much, @virgo87 for sharing how you use Nude Dip. Look forward to recreating these looks this week. Thanks again!! 🙂

1 Reply
testing