Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

ugh two or three of mine are getting crayony and it makes me really sad. 😞

@melde Me too, now that @mochapj mention the crayon smell, it does kind of smel like it. No one I better use it everyday before it goes bad!!

@annypoo that's exactly what I'm thinking! I need to try to use those guys constantly right now 😕😕

I have a question about Lips & boys lipsticks. I hope it will not sound silly. Since it is my first TomFord lipstick so I want to make sure what I find off is actually off and not a characteristic of these lipsticks. 

I wore Richard as soon as it arrived in mail and loved it. I don't think I noticed it at that time but I am not sure because I removed it shortly after that. Today I wear it again and it has a kind of smell or more I would say a weird taste to it. I wasn't licking it but I could feel a not very pleasant taste in my mouth. I wonder if it is the normal scent/ taste of these lipsticks. I picked Thomas as well but I want to know if it is going to smell/taste like Richard does, then it is not my kind of lipstick and I may return Thomas unused.

@fatimamummy, I think Richard is a mini Negligee. As mentioned before by our lovely BTers, any brown/nude tends to turn. My Richard which I bought last year also turned. Thomas per @kso1225 is a mini of Pussycat. I have Pussycat also which is a matte (diff formula frm Richard) which I bought since it first released (so I have it a bit longer than Richard) and I haven't noticed any bad smell or taste. Hope this help! 

@blackkitty2014  Is it already turned then? Such a bummer 😒

What does it smell like?

normally they smell like vanilla and have very little taste.

if they go bad they smell like wax crayons and taste like it too

@Mochapj I think you describe the smell/taste exactly how it is. Waxy smell and taste which is not at all like vanilla and the taste comes pretty strong to neglect.

My Negligee is turning but it doesn't have a waxy taste, so I am wearing it as often as possible and will buy it again in it's L&B form. I would be surprised if Sephora gifted stock that would turn so quickly. Suggest you contact them - they may need to look at certain shades/stock.

@TraceyEB Since it was a gift sent out to us, I just don't feel comfortable reaching them to tell I got a bad one. 

As I mentioned I don't own any other Tom Ford lipsticks so I was more confused by how it tastes and asking here is helpful in a way. If I go ahead to buy more of these lipsticks, I would avoid buying the colours which are noted to have the tendency of going bad faster. 

I understand. I thought the lipsticks were supposed to be new, and if they aren't or if they are new but are going over, I'd contact Sephora to let them know from a quality control standpoint. Hope you find a shade that works for you and has all the wonderful attributes of a brand new lipstick.

Yes I completely agree, Sephora may need to look into this for quality control standpoint. I believe the threads on BT are observed and as @Anewxa said she sent a message so this issue is in their knowledge. Since I didn't spent my own money on this one so I won't be contacting them but if I buy a lipstick and it turns so fast, I'll go to return it immediately 😉

Sorry for jumping in but I wanted to mention that I did reach out to them last week regarding mine for the same reason @TraceyEB mentioned.

I thought that the main reason of sending these was to test out the newer TF launch so in a way it was feedback also.

Admittedly I haven't been 100% paying attention to the gifting thread, but I hadn't noticed anyone posting they received any of the 25 'new' boys for 2016, just ones that were  from the brought back 25 - which means the gifts might not be fresh off the production line.

that said, I've had enough different shades start to turn from different releases that I don't think it's just a batch issue 😞

That is why I posted it here. I wanted to know if it is a common occupancy with TF lipsticks. Since it looks like they have tendency to go bad faster, I may better spend my money on somewhere else 😏

Ok i got Douglas! I sometimes wish my lips had less pigment... it barely shows up on my lips. I personally notice a slight frosty sheen but not a ton of color. It also settles a bit in my lip lines but I think I can make it work lol.

edit: actually after playing around a bit, its really quite sheer and settles into lip lines far too much 😞 ill probably have to go in and exchange or return it.

IMG_0040.JPG

I think it looks lovely on you.

@sabrinas

I think Douglas is very pretty on you!

Apparently Thomas is Pussycat

Snowdon, Ryan, Thomas, Pussycat

20161201_163718-1.jpg

With Flash

20161201_164540-1.jpg

Snowdon is so shimmery and metallic - more than I was expecting. I think it'll make a very nice lipstick topper.  Ryan is semi-sheer and I'm not sure if the uneven tone in my lips was showing or if it wasn't applying evenly for me.  Thomas is lovely - typical TF matte formula on this one.  A tiny bit of pulling on application, but very creamy and comfortable once on.

Great swatches. Snowden looks to be a great color if you want that metallic look or as you suggested a topper.

I like them all. Thanks for pics and your thoughts on the shades. I'm still intrigued by Snowdon though not sure I want a topper lip shade...maybe a subtle lip liner could bring out Snowdon's color...hmmm...

testing