Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

I'm testing the new Waterproof Foundation today in 1.5 Cream - I also received a sample of 2.0 Buff. Both are clearly too dark for me 😉 

But I wanted to share my thoughts on it. I really like the formula -it seems to thicken a bit when I'm applying it, but the coverage was good and so far it's wearing well (the end of the day will be my true test for it). I actually think this could be nice for oilier skin - it's liquid and applies well, but more of a demi-matte finish. My t-zone is pretty oily by the end of the day, so this seems promising. I used my beautyblender and had no issues with it, but I think fingers could work well too. 

With respect to colour, this foundation definitely oxidizes. My SA warned me about that, and she was 100% right. These were much lighter before I swatched them. 

TL;DR - so far it's a nice foundation, but I wouldn't buy it unless TF makes new shades (like a 0.0 for me lol)

Top shade is TF Traceless stick in Cream

2nd is TF Waterproof in 1.5 Cream

3rd is TF Waterproof in 2.0 Buff

The rest of the shades are here for comparison (listed in the spoiler):

Spoiler
  • Guerlain LdP BB cream in Light
  • Guerlain LdP Fluide in 01C
  • Charlotte Tilbury Light Wonder in 1
  • Charlotte Tilbury Magic in 1
  • CT Magic in 2
  • Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in SX02
  • Kevyn Aucoin Etherealist in EF 01
  • Koh Gen Doh Moisture Maifanshi in 001
  • Dolce and Gabbana Liquid Luminous in Classic 60 
  • MAC Studio Fix in NW10

IMG_1088.JPG

I also received my Spin Spin Sugar Shimmer Shot. No swatches/looks yet - but it's really nice! Creamier than Fire Lust, and more of a champagne than a true pink. Really pretty - it applied very well when I was playing with it last night. 

Is there any way you could post ingredients on this thread somewhere? I'm looking into the foundation and the shimmer shots but I don't want to spend a ton of money without knowing what's in what I'm buying. 

@Lizzie15 Here are the Shimmer Shot ingredients - I don't have a list of ingredients for the foundation since I only received samples.

IMG_1112.JPG

thank you! 🙂 I appreciate it! These have been added to my list now too haha

good to know. I'm waiting for some samples of the foundation/concealer to arrive, so I can test them out as well. I'm hoping somewhere in there there is a match for me! I'm in the 3-4 range in the CT magic foundation, so hopefully!
I was also warned about the oxidization and not to be alarmed by the fact that she sent me super light shades to test. Hopefully the oxidation won't be anything super crazy and will still be wearable for me.

Thank you for the review and swatches! I was curious about this foundation.  I'm thinking one of the lighter shades should work for me based on your comparisons, but it's disappointing that it oxidizes so much.

Thanks for posting @lachaton. The shades seem too dark for me, too. Would need to match at a counter.

Just in case this helps anyone - Spin Spin Sugar. It isn't really *pink* - more like a pinkish nude

IMG_0438.JPG

IMG_0440.JPG

It really is lovely and just melts into the skin. I got my makeup done at the EL counter (as a part of the VB launch) on Friday, but my TF SA applied Spin Spin Sugar over it when she stopped me on my way out. If you want to see it - I posted that in the EL thread.

Such a beautiful color.

ah so pretty!!

@Libellules do you have the illuminating primer as well? If so, how does Spin Spin Sugar compare?

@flonkerton I don't - sorry! If memory serves me right though, this is quite a bit more shimmery, and it is definitely meant to be worn as a highlighter on top of makeup. But someone who does have it may be able to better answer 🙂

I got Spin Spin Sugar Shimmer Shot and tried it today. It's a little thicker than Fire Lust. It goes on creamy and is beautiful, adding a glow (without glitter chunks). I went for a subtle look which was easy, haven't tried building it up for a less subtle look yet. 

image.jpeg

Thank you for posting your thoughts on the shimmer shot. How "pink" did you find the product to be or did it settle into your base products to be more of a glow without a noticeably strong color?

I don't think I found it pink at all, if it was I think it was subtle. Maybe I will try to take a pic next to opal and/or some others.

i found it to be a glow without being overdone with just one small application. Maybe it can be built up to be more. I had UD all nighter (full coverage) foundation on and it just blended right in nicely.

Thanks for your note and clarification, @SydBristow. It sounds just lovely.

I have to agree @SydBristow - it really isn't very pink at all. Though, the darker shade is definitely coppery.

Would love to see a the copper shade worn. Thanks for also confirming that the light shade isn't pink.

From Really Ree archives, swatches of Cognac Sable:

images.jpg

Hmm, based on that @TraceyEB I'd say it looks closer to Disco Dust or possibly Golden Mink than Cognac Sable 😞

A blend of the two...@Mochapj?

TF Disco Dust:

tom-ford-disco-dust-quad-swatches.jpg

TF Golden Mink:

IMG_3276.JPG

5 Replies
testing