Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

@TraceyEB I think it's only been more recent (as in a year or so) that the LE haven't been selling out like they have in the past. 

I'm sure part of my impression of that is clouded by how difficult it used to be to track down TF in Canada. The last LE item that seemed harder to find was Pink Glow, I think.

All to say, yes, it does seem to be much easier to find things now!

I'm from Winnipeg and when Holt Renfrew left, we'd have to look to other markets to find prestigious brands not carried by The Bay downtown. This was well before Shoppers Beauty and Sephora were on the landscape, let alone Nordstrom and Saks. My tastes were more focused on perfume and Aveda back then.

Easier to find prestigious brands now, for sure. Smiley Happy

Canada sure has come a long way since then! We now have Nordies and Saks..and don't Holts has an online store! I remember trying to track down the Softcore/Stroked duos and having a really difficult time getting someone from the Toronto Holts to call me back! Pink Glow was a lot less stressful because I decided to contact the Vancouver Holts instead and had better luck... so now I just keep going back to the same SA 😄

@lachaton Pink Glow was before my time. I "joined" when Moodlight was introduced as LE and is still on the market and at some CCOs.

What do you think of this palette?

Gah. Put on my lipstick in Casablanca today for the first time since spring and it's spoiled. I'd heard people say that happens sometimes with TF lippies but hadn't had it happen until now. Checked my others and Negligee is off too. I only had the first one for about a year and the other for about 6 mos but that one came from a CCO. I think from here on out I'm going to be the weirdo asking to smell my lipstick before I buy it to make sure it's as strongly vanilla scented as it should be. 

Sorry to hear this. 😞 I am the weirdo who asks to smell the lipstick too before I buy it; especially if it's Negligee. I am wearing Negligee today; It is my replacement one from my SA and it doesn't have the vanilla smell anymore. I lost my Casablanca too. That one smelled really bad when I'd done the sniff check. I didn't wear that one often so I wasn't as upset. I feel like this happens with the colors in this family, rosey browns, browns, light ones. My others that are all deeper are fine. 

At least I have beautiful fellow lipstick smelling weirdos right there with me 😉. For the price of these babies you just have to. And you're right. My lighter ones are fine and so is my (so far) only darker one.  Interesting. Moisturecores are still going strong too. 

I lost my Casablanca too. 😞 That one and the brown ones seem to go faster. My Deep Mink is bad too, but I haven't had the heart to pitch it, I love it. 

Anyone still use theirs after the scent shifts? I haven't noticed any difference other than the smell, which does go away but maybe I should just stop using it anyway.

I tried to wear Casablanca but the smell was really strong all day, the taste was even off and the texture was firm and thick and not creamy anymore. If I could've made it work I totally would have while wondering if I was slowly poisoning myself for pretty lips. 

Yeah, I have a few that smell kind of like crayons now and still use them.  I did very thinly slice off the top of the lipstick just in case.  I haven't noticed any difference other than the smell, and unless I have some reaction or the lipstick starts changing more I'm going to keep using them...I have quite a few and don't want to just throw them out, especially at that price!

@SydBristow I still use mine too. Spent too much money on them and they still perform well.  I lost Casablanca, Negligee, Richard (same as Negligee), and Bruised Plum.  Plum Lush is on its way as the vanilla scent is barely detectable.

I haven't. The performance is still fine; it just smells weird. Casablanca started to get hard and that's when I tossed it. 

I find this mostly happens with the ones that lean brown for whatever reason because I've never experienced this issue with other shades. I'm not sure why that is...but it's kind of sucks because the lipsticks are nice chunk of change!

Good observation @njattana! I'd agree this looks similar to Golden Goddess by CT. It's almost.... Cool toned to me. 

Just received prices for Winter Soleil at Nordstrom Canada

Eye and Cheek Pallette in Warm and Cool $168 186
Lip Foils $68
Empty Brush Case $770 (Full $1500)
Dry Oil $84
Travel Brush Set $1020

I'm not sure what the difference is between the empty/full brush case and the travel brush set. I think the travel brush set is the white soleil one we've been seeing that's $850 USD. Just not sure about the other.

@lachaton & @myxducky - I checked with our SAKS SA today and the palettes are $186 😞 😞

Rest of the pricing is same as above though.

@dioradict thank you for confirming! That does make more sense, I was surprised when I saw the email from her. and it's an easy typo to make! 

😞 thanks for confirming. still glad it's under $200 though!

I was expecting the palette to be in the $205 ballpark so I'm pleased that it's not. My Holts SA sent me a price list today and on her pdf she had the palette was $186, so I'm not sure if one our SA's got it backwards. I certainly won't complain if it's $168 though :).

Thanks Lachaton. I thought the palette will be around 180+.

The full brush case for 1500 could be the brush case with the 11 Tom ford full size brushes (770+730). The 11 brushes cost abt 786 before tax but it could have been a bit less before price increase in July.

The soleil brushes are travel size ones with white handle.

Those prices are making me happy,I expected the palettes to be closer to $200.

8 Replies
testing