Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Thank you very much for these swatches and it clearly shows the similarities between Nude Dip and the new Runway Duo.

i do not post often and I don't know if this will get viewed much but if DEV is reading please know I stood up for you to that awful Blogger that insulted you.

i wrote her personally and unsubscribed from her Blog.  

She not only outrageously and wrongly insulted DEV but she also insulted the people that post here frequently, saying a 14 year old could write here and how awful it is to post a picture with arm hair showing.

i could not believe what I was reading and how she does not know what she is talking about, in any aspect of social conduct or makeup.

I also swatched Aw16 vs nude dip at the Nordies pre opening today.

the golden color closest to my bracelet and the first brown are AW16. Tonally the colors are the same, but I found AW16 less metallic than Nude Dip. I still didn't buy it, but it was interesting to compare.

The AW16 display also said the blush used is Frantic Pink. I swatched the AW16 lip contour but the SA wiped it off before I could stop her - it's almost a white on my skintone and even the SAs said it was very editorial and not wearable for most women, LOL.

lastly, I got a sample of Vert de Bois and Ombré Leather 16 which I will try out this weekend. OL on paper smelled like Tuscan Leather on steroids, but the SA said it changes a lot on the skin. Vert de Bois had a patchouli forward smell, and I'm interested to see how it will translate. 

@TraceyEB I asked about the large Resort compacts and was told in Canada it will be end of October/beginning of November.

image.jpeg

Thanks for the swatches and your observations on the AW16 release, @Mochapj. Appreciate also the Cdn release timeframe for the Resort palettes.

image.png

I love the nude pinky look a lot; I have to use other products to achieve it. 😉

The eye shadow duo looks awfully pinkish there...oh Tom Ford.

I'm pretty sure my SA was wearing the new duo - nice on her, but the formula didn't look like it was ideal for such a light color. I swatched a few of the others and the formula seemed nice.

Swatched the AW16 lip contour duo today. Serious matte concealer look on my NW20 skin. With no noticeable pink or peach lean at all.  Not cute. Sorry I didn't get a pic, ladies!

Just remembered one other thing - the brush set. It is apparently travel sized (according to my SA). Isn't that set like $700?

No according to my SA, it's ONLY $850 lol

image.gif

LOL! Sounds like my SA @blackkitty2014 ! She has tried to sell me on the leather cosmetic bags and I just can't. Then today with the fragrance, she thought I might be interested in the leather wrapped decanter which has the same amount of fragrance as the regular 1.7 ounce bottle but costs a whopping $225 more.

Love love this gif 🙂

image.jpeg

Just confirming -

Nude Dip

A/W 16

Nude Dip

A/W 16

Didn't get this, and I'm now in love with the counter manager because he was super open about it. Just to be more specific - the champagne pearl is SLIGHTLY more pigmented and champagney. And the brown is SLIGHTLY more grey. That's only if you're studying them real, real hard.

I tried to find out about the new holiday stuff but they didn't have the ship dates in their training binder.

I DID buy the new Ombre Leather '16 fragrance and am severely questioning my life choices O.O. It basically, to me, is exactly what I'd expect a true high quality leather fragrance to smell like. It's not harsh or "stinky" like the Chanel or Olfactive Studio - it is slightly mellowed by something I might liken to a floral? But please don't misunderstand - this isn't a floral fragrance. There's something subtle in the blending.

Wow, I was wondering how close it was to Nude Dip as well, thanks for the confirmation! While I don't love the repeating TF has been doing lately, my wallet does appreciate it 😄

Same @MK89! I haven't been tempted by anything since Soleil, and the holiday stuff I'm meh on so far. Fall was a hard pass.

Except the fragrance. Stupid TF and his awesome leather fragrances.

ALSO! I swatched the 2 fall powders - the pink blush and gold highlighter. That golden highlighter is interesting and super yellow gold pigmented.

The pink blush had 0 payoff. Nothing. Nada.

Thank you for the swatches of Runway 16 with Nude Dip.  Yep, I don't need both.  I swatched the pink blush too (or should say I tried to).  TF should be ashamed of that product, particularly for the price.  I am still debating the velvet orchid lipstick though. . . .

You're welcome @shells72! I agree on that pink blush! I was able to pick up some product on my finger and it looked kind of like it could be an interesting highlighter? But then pressing my finger to my hand/arm/wrist = nothing! What a joke!

I also was curious about the lipsticks but didn't see them yesterday. I thought that my counter may just have sold out (entirely possible). They looked pretty from everything I saw online, but nothing super unique enough for me to actively seek out :x. Please share if you are able to swatch them!

Hi @Libellules, thank you so much for going to the counter and providing swatches and descriptions to us!  Very helpful!

The 2 fall powders that you swatched, were they part of the upcoming cool/warm palettes or something different?

Some real strange sorcery is happening around these parts.

@TraceyEB what mrsb said! These are not the new palettes - they are the nightbloom collection or whatever they are called. The pink had 0 pigmentation.

They didn't have the exact shipping dates for the palettes but my SA thought it wouldn't be until October.

@TraceyEB, I believe she's talking about the Nightbloom stuff; in the purple packaging.

1 Reply
testing