Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Did you ask to speak to a supervisor?  Please don't give up.  I had purchased a limited edition TF lipstick at a TF store last year that went rancid within weeks.  I called the store and was initially brushed off.  After speaking with a supervisor, I ended up having to send the lipstick back and received a store credit (since they're too hard up to issue refunds).  Once received the manager acknowledged the lipstick was rancid.

I will never again buy directly in store (and now online) from TF. 

Very valuable advice, @dolceoktober. Much appreciated!

I saw that too. She is a pretty experienced makeup buyer. I'm not sure she needs our guidance on how to return an underperforming product ;). I havent had good luck with TF direct which was I never ordered that blush or the coordinating lipstick. I probably would have from NM or Nordstrom. TF have charged me in advance for back order items with no communication that they were doing so or how long it would it take.  I personally would never buy direct again. They will probably be sorry that they refused her return. She seems to be well regarded and has a reasonably large audience. 

I saw that too/ Though ive never purchased TF, im very hesitant to purchase any brand from their own website simply bc of the return policy. Most brands have stricter policys than a place like nordies. Ive never seen Tara return much s it doesnt surprise me that she didnt push it further.

Thanks. My interest is only that she thought it was hopeless and I was hoping there was a nugget of advice to pass along. I've only made inquiries to TF customer service and they often referred me to another e-mail address or completely didn't answer my question. Abysmal.

Tom Ford direct's return policy is abysmal. You have 10 days to return the product and it must be unused. I never order from them and as a result also limit my store purchases from them :/. 

Unfortunately, @TraceyEB, it doesn't surprise me that she was unable to return the defective blush. Their CS also is extremely unhelpful. I'd contacted them about getting an atomizer for the large size fragrance I'd purchased and was ignored. They also has big time issues with the Moodlight preorder/release. Mrsbaine and I never got our orders while we were one of the first to order, and people who ordered long after us (days, weeks) got them. 

What unfortunate sexperience, @Libellules. I've never come across a company that didn't accept a defective product. These experiences and my own inquiries would now cause me not to order from TF direct. Better to wait and buy from dept stores that have a return policy.

I don't think I mentioned this but while I was in the U.S couple weeks ago, I had a chance to visit a cco in Aurora, illinois and they had a bunch of L&B's, looks like it was mostly the ones that are being d/c now .. they also had 3 of the newer quads (minus discoD/HMoon), moodlight, all 3 eyeshadow duos (ripe plum etc) firelust, and all the small bronzers. There was more of the older collection items that can be found at most cco's as well.

I'm surprised to hear that current palettes except for 2 were being sold there. I only thought discontinued palettes made there way to CCOs (as astonished as I was to hear Moodlight being found at CCOs).  Thanks for the update!

I know I was soo surprised to see new quads and moodlight. I regret not picking up moodlight but I guess at the time I felt I had better highlighters in my collection already.

@Anewxa Do you happen to remember how much they were selling Moodlight for?

@flonkerton I am pretty sure it was $56. Now that prices in Canada have gone higher this is now $97 I believe..so major fomo now that I didn't pick it up..ah well. 

@Anewxaif it makes you feel any better, I have moodlight, and I don't really like it. I feel for the price I paid, there are better products. It's okay, but for $88, I just don't reach for it enough.

A lot of the CCO's are getting Moodlight, I'm seeing. I got my Last Dance from a CCO. They also have had lots of FS lippies lately. Next time I'm there, I plan to pick up a Moroccan Rouge. 

Oh MR is a beautiful color! Too bad the selection at the cco here in Canada is disappointing. At most they have 4 items at the local ones. 

Found this helpful (and interesting!) description on Chic Profile's website:

Tom Ford Lip Contour Duo

"Tom Ford innovation meets lip artistry with a dual lip color and shaping tool. On one end, the slim and sleek pencil features a lip shaper to enhance and define lips. On the opposite end is a full-coverage, slim stick lip color concealed inside. Use the lighter shade of lip shaper together with the deeper lip color to add dimension, shape and create an ombre effect to your lips, from subtle contour to high-definition contrast."

Her site also confirmed that the Cream Shadows are Pink Haze and Platinum.

Slightly confused by the 2 shadow pots in the corner...

ETA: they are available for pre-order on TF direct.  Seems Pink Haze (aka the cream from Golden Peach) and Platinum are being repromoted for fall.

image.png

I know the top is a repromote shade and also the cream shadow base in the Peach duo (Pink Haze). Haven't looked into the other one as it doesn't look as exciting.  

Ellinka the other one is Platinum - also a repromote.

Thanks! Good to know. 

Wish there were new cream shadow shades! I suppose my wallet will be thanking me though 😄

2 Replies
testing