Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Hmmmm. I have a swatch somewhere actually. I don't think they're the same, but I remember that they were supposedly similar minus the finish. Didn't someone on specktranet say that?

Does anyone know if Black Orchid lipstick will be re-released? I missed it the first time around but considering what a popular shade it turned out to be I was disappointed that it was discontinued. I was able to pre-order it last year when it was up on Neiman's website when it looked like it was going to get a re-release then but it never came to fruition and my order was cancelled. I was thinking that if Black Orchid lippie was ever going to become available again the upcoming launch based on Black Orchid would be the perfect time to do so. One can hope! 😉

@LithaRose I was wondering this myself the other day.

i saw one show up on eBay over the weekend and sometimes that can be an indication of upcoming releases because people who get promo pieces ocasionally  seem to sell them on eBay.

To go with that new highlighter, Tom Ford is releasing a new perfume in July; orchid soleil

is a vibrant, radiant and sensual scent that is said to capture the magic of the most brilliant sunshine. The composition opens with spicy notes of pink pepper, bitter orange and cypress. Its vibrant heart blooms with red spider lily and tuberose, enveloped by the warm base of chestnut cream, vanilla, patchouli and orchid.

Really want to smell it, his fragrances are my favorite!!!

Hmm. I did ask about upcoming fragrances in that chat. And it's Orchid Soleil! But did not receive an answer.

Sounds like it could be nice, but I'm iffy on florals, personally. 

Finally bought Malik during the ebates sale. Also picked up Sweet Mystery. I knew I loved Malik already, but took a flier on Sweet Mystery thinking I would've liked Peter.

Opened up SM and it looked way too warm, which bummed me out. After much deliberating on whether to just return it untouched (I HATE returning used items with a passion), I finally decided to swatch it on my hand, and to my surprise, it looked much cooler! Put it on this morning - back to the color of the bullet, totally washes me out. 😞 So frustrating after looking at so many swatches.

Going to Saks in SF is such a pain in the A, but at $52 ($40ish after discounts), I feel like I need to. I think I'll have them order Egon for me instead - hopefully he's more what I was expecting of Peter. 

Anonymous Insider

@etscore1 I think I'm at the darker end of "light" skin...Not super fair, but can't wear anything that says "medium". Some colors you might be interested in, but I don't have many "boys" (hate metallic...)

From Top to Bottom, Negligee, So Vain, Pussycat, Casablanca (it looks more red in the picture, but I think it has a tad bit of more plum in real life)

Spoiler
FullSizeRender.jpg

Thanks @Anonymous! 

I actually have Pussycat and Casablanca, so these are good comparisons! They both lean more cool pink/plum on my cool leaning skin but I really like the direction So Vain is headed in.

I can't help but laugh at myself since Sweet Mystery is in the same batch as So Vain but literally the opposite end of the spectrum and I purchased it hoping for the same result I would purchase So Vain for! 

I think with Sweet Mystery I was 1. Hoping it leaned cool (it doesn't) and 2. Hoped it would basically take my natural lip color, tip it cooler and add some shimmer (it didn't). But this has definitely taught me a lot about how to evaluate lip swatches, and any shade that will accomplish 1 and 2, either needs to be darker than my lip color, or a sheer formula. 

Did you experience the same glittery bullet that @Mochapj was describing? 

Anonymous Insider

@etscore1 It has gold glitters, but not super glittery either. I don't like super-glittery, metallic lip colors. I heard sweet mystery is the one of the sheer-est shade in TF regular lip colors. I have a few shades that are lighter than my natural lip color but they are fully opaque. 

@Anonymous Interestingly, it swatches okay (promising even), but it loses its peachy pigment color, and leaves a frosty shimmer that pulls things way too flesh colored for me. It definitely looks nice on some people, just not me. 

I got Malik in the sale too! It looks so cute next to Pussycat (also bought in the sale), like an adorable little brother 🙂

I'm sorry SM didn't work for you but don't feel bad at returning it. For that price you should be head over heels!

Do you have any others that you like, @maskedteagal? I love Pussycat and Malik, so it sounds like we have similar taste! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Julian is in that family. Love him. @etscore1

@Anonymous Tried him when I was contemplating Malik. At the time I was looking for something more lilac.  Julian and Daniel both still catch my eye everytime.

Now that I've seen Malik on and in daylight, I did wonder how Julian would look compared to the ugly department store lighting. 

Whoops, I lied, I tried Jude. Julian is definitely close to Pussycat, so no doubt it's beautiful! 

@etscore1 This was my first trip down the rabbit hole! I tried Pussycat in my Choix box and had to have it. 

I sampled Plum Lush and Velvet Violet from Choix too. I like them both but I'm trying to be good 🙂

Anonymous Insider

I love Plum Lush!! I like velvet violet too, but I like Violet Fatale (xavier) better...

I have Xavier and love it! Just wore it yesterday.

Glad you got Malik! That's a bummer about SM. Hopefully Egon will work out - it's a very nice cool tone and hopefully it will be just what you're looking for! At these prices you want to be happy with everything you buy. 😉

1 Reply
testing