Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

I want it too! The packaging is soo nice. 

I have bar of gold but keep forgetting to reach for it since the packaging is just meh. 

LOL.  It actually sort of reminds me of Champagne Pop :S

Lol ok good, I don't have Champagne Pop so I can still get this one. 

Wow--sounds like a wonderful evening. Wish I was there with you guys. 

Would love to know what the tips were that you learned.

That's a very generous gift too for attendees. 

Screen Shot 2016-05-06 at 11.10.49 AM.png

That is stunning!

Thanks for the post!!

Soo...I attended another Tom Ford event today. I'd mentioned this one before when I was first invited, looking for guidance as to whether or not I should bring all of our questions from our chat :x (Spoiler alert: I recruited a friend to go with me so that I'd completely behave myself). It was very much like the last master class I'd attended a few weeks ago over the Soleil collection, but our old pal Philippe was "teaching" and some kind of marketing editor from Vogue was there kind of "hosting" the event with him. FWIW, I spent most of the time obsessing over her dress (white lace, drop waist. And she had the body to match :x).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

This session was different than what I'd previously attended for a couple reasons

1) The model that was used for the master class was a hired model, rather than a regular, which was unfortunate. While this girl is gorgeous, you can see a lady sitting in front of me in the first 2 photos and she, a lowly customer, was a statuesque goddess.

2) It was much much shorter / more rushed than the 2 classes I'd attended previously. Even though the same lessons were imparted, it felt more like a talk show than a class. Philippe and the Vogue editor kind of presented it that way and likened themselves to Kelly and Michael.

A couple other things of note.

1) In the end, there were exactly 3 questions, 1 being asked by a <10 year old girl who asked which brush he used to blend the eye shadow. Lemme just say that I wish my mom took me to Tom Ford events when I was that age. And if only I could be that knowledgeable now :P.

2) I had told my friend about the comment Philippe had made about not bringing back old quads because Mr. Tom Ford would never send an old dress down the runway, and she totally caught him talking about how they brought back items from last summer because they were so popular.

3) Philippe, while lacking a French accent (I was expecting one. To me, he "looks" very French), apparently has a VERY French sense of humor. I found completely hilarious in person. But...it does not seem to translate to text, if that tells you all anything ;).

4) I actually really appreciated his emphasis on how important taking care of your skin is, and how the rest of it will just naturally work beautifully after that. It's the Tom Ford way 😄

I can understand why not using an audience member could be disappointing.

However, I take the choice to use a model as one about control.  It allows them to have a sense of what they want to achieve and how it will appear before the presentation, rather than working on the fly.  

The chance that someone in the audience might not have been right for what they wanted to portray was probably too high to risk for such a high profile event.  Or, maybe vogue was planning on publicizing photos and they wanted a professional for that 😉

Wow. Thank you for all the pics and a thorough recap. Sounds like it was different from what you were expecting but a very interesting event overall. I'm glad you made it!

Thanks for the summary, Libel. Sounds like an interesting evening even if not as interactive. I was secretly hoping you'd surprise us all with another FOTD from the event!

Did you learn anything that you didn't know previously or that was a surprise to learn?

@TraceyEB :x. I was secretly hoping I could be the model again, but this was a much larger event, and they decided to hire a professional. Which...meh. There were so many beautiful ladies there who seriously could have been models!

...not really. The Tom Ford way is to really to emphasize skincare, which is a mantra I can really get behind. The only thing MAYBE was some affirmation of personal experience I've had with products. The Ultra-Rich does not have the velvety texture we are all used to, but is supposed to be that thin film. And, as nice as the bronzing primer looks, it gets lost under foundation. It is better used alone (sans foundation, I've tried it paired with Fire Lust) on good skin.

Oh wait, one thing. Actually, I was told this before, but completely forgot. Their primers function as primers, but can also be applied over your makeup later in the day for a "refresh." It isn't much, but that may be because I've been to 3 since January :P.

Libellules, I read somewhere that Tom Ford tries to expand their skincare line. Normally I'm not crazy about skincares from a makeup companies. I am probably in a Tom Ford grumpy mode. I feel meh about couple things recently release naming moisturecore lip color and soufflé. They don't do anything for me. I'm getting old and grumpy. Or maybe I'm in the mode of less makeup and more skincare for me 😉 

@blackkitty2014 I was researching skincare items on Beautypedia and my general impression was that makeup companies scored better in their cosmetics than they did in skincare. There were exceptions. There were comments about how companies use phrasing to suggest greater benefit than would be found if rigourous scientific results were published on the labels.

I am curious about the Souffle but will look for samples first.

@blackkitty2014I'm not surprised that they're doing that. I definitely think, outside of their business plan, that good skin is important. I've been blessed and I'm not sure I've taken great care of it, but I am trying! I like the moisture core because I have otranto and also like the color. I can see how the others would be disappointingg.

As far as the soufflee goes, I really loved it initially and was happy enough with it to get a backup. But then...I realized that it was irritating my skin. I was getting rough red patches on my face where I was applying it (so if I applied to a spot on my forehead, then spread, the initial spot, where it sat for a few seconds, got a red blotch). UGH. And I'm sad because I really want it to work for me.

On the other hand, I am a huge fan of their creme cleanser, cleansing oil and their "infusion complex" which I use as a serum. Big fan.

Thanks for the info on the products, your affirmation, and a different way to use primers. Who would have thought? I can really get the message of a good skincare regimen. I used to have dry skin and makeup only emphasized it. Now, compliment my skin and ask me what I use. I'm not sure it's the products per se as much taking the time to do it regularly. 🙂

Afternooner back in stock on the US site--

I've seen it go in & out since yesterday evening.

TFstk.PNG

Fyi Bicoastal is up for Canada on Sephora for anyone wanting a backup (coz by now everyone and their mother probably already has one)

Hahaha I can't stop laughing at your comment 😉

funny but so very true 😉

I'm not in Canada and I don't need back up but I love your comment on Bicoastal 😉

8 Replies
testing