Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel
Anonymous Insider

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Some new blush color (hopefully at least as good as current ones), new highlighter, I hope!

This all looks so beautiful! Bicoastal gives you such a nice rosy glow. And I really like the look of that Chantecaille shadow, too!

I got BiCoastal yesterday and am sooo happy with it!!

Wearing both shades of it on my cheeks and Gold Dust lightly all over my face.

Love wearing the lighter shade as eyeshadow with a bit of Black Oyster cream shadow. 

I paired it with Carricou and Radient Moisture soufflé  and it's an effortlessly pulled together look. Out of all the MoistureCores, I love Carricou the most.

Did the Canadian Sephora site get this yet? I need a back up. Lol 

IMG_0607.JPG

Wow, both of these look lovely on you! I can see why you want a backup for Bicoastal. 😊 It's still showing as OOS on the Canadian site, so not sure when they'll get the shipment in. I ended up getting mine from Holts online a few weeks ago (I was impatient! Haha).

Thank you Exquisite Gypsy! I can't believe Sephora still hasn't received it.

Hi @KateLovesYSL I decided to wear Bicoastal today, too and couldn't stop admiring the highlight shade. I can see it on you in the picture above. Bicoastal is beautiful on you.

Tomorrow, I'm going to combine the shades to wear on my cheek and experiment with the shades as eyeshadows, which never crossed my mind.

Did you get a chance to try Bicoastal some more? 

The dark shade is indeed beautiful. Makes me want to get Wicked now since I love this type of pink.

Anonymous Insider

Glad you love it! I didn't love it so much at first but now I'm realizing I reach for it quite often, since the brighter shade is so easy to use with any looks. 

Never thought of using the lighter shade as eyeshadow 0.0 I must try it soon, since I'm so into pink eyeshadows......

I think you'll like using it as an eyeshadow as you looked good with pink glow. 

Anonymous Insider

Thanks! Heart as you mentioned below, get Wicked! It's a bit cooler than Bicoastal and has more glow (pink), but nonetheless a very pretty pink (although I need to be much more light handed compared to when I use Bicoastal). 

I haven't seen it on Sephora yet, but I need to play with this! I got mine last week and I've only swatched it! I must be sick! The colors were super gorgeous. I think this will be what I decide to wear tomorrow 🙂

Can't wait to see it on you!

I need help from my TF blush gurus.  Is TF Flush a dupe for the blush in the Afternooner palette?  I looked up swatches on Temptalia and it looks close (maybe leaning pink?)  Also, is the blush shade in Bicoastal a dupe for Wicked?  Thanks, everyone!!

Anonymous Insider

TF wicked and Bicoastal are quite similar when blended, but on me, Bicoastal's blush shade is more matte, while Wicked gives me a nice sheen (cool pink). Wicked is cooler (more fuschia pink),and much more pigmented (although it's easy to apply lightly). 

@njattana I really appreciate the swatching in real time and your thoughts on the shades. I was hoping Flush leaned pink as I have many orange and orange/coral blushes but they don't have the sparkly finish. I didn't notice how matte the blush in the Afternooner until I wore it out in the sun today.

Wicked is similar on my skin tone, but with a different finish.  Flush I can't really wear, but I can wear the blush in the Afternooner...so...while I haven't actually compared them...I'd say that there is some difference.

Thanks for your assessment, @meganlisa! It's hard to pick out a blush when the nearest counter is 2-2.5 hours away. I ordered Frantic Pink but it looks too light and hoped to exchange it for another blush.

@TraceyEB I'm lucky that I have a counter nearby.  Savage pink works great on me but it is light so I can see that being an issue for many.  Love lust seems too light for many.  My SA likes Wicked best, but swatched next to bicoastal the color on me was similar (though the finish is very, very different) and Ravish.  I really loved Ravish on better than online.  She advised it with red lipstick but I can wear it with more.  Can't wait to see what you get!!!

Thanks, Megan. This is super helpful!

@TraceyEBThere's a subscription box called So Choix and they have high end brands including TF. 

You get to chose what samples you want. I got ravish & savage in my last box so I can test it before I buy it.

i think it's really great since they give you more product than for the 1-2 uses like they advertise. 

If you go in the subscription box photos thread, you'll see how the samples are made.

I've selected TF lipsticks that I'm not sure I would wear often and love the fact that I can get about 5-6 applications with each colour. Considering I have 100+ lipsticks, I'm happy to have the shades in my rotation and save money from not having to buy the full size. If I end up loving something, then I feel more confident in my decision to buy the full size. 

2 Replies
testing