Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Same here not sure abt Sphinx yet..I was hoping honeymoon would restock as well..

has anyone tried the shade drake (lipstick)? i don't know if i can pull it off or if i will look crazy gothic with it on. 

Don't let the gif in the bite thread (and on tom fords website) fool you. It is not that intense or remotely gothy. It's a very wearable purple-leaning color.

Was just coming to post this! Is this because of the gif I posted? The image on the tom ford website is beyond inaccurate! I wore Drake today for a very important meeting - it's an extremely flattering mauvey pink purple color. Temptalias picture is much closer to the actual color in real life than the Tom Ford product image/gif/video!

It's hard to get past the creepiness of that gif and actually see the color but totally agree that it isn't accurate. 

Does anyone know if the cream shadows are going to be available from Holt Renfrew online?

(Apologies if already addressed!)

A Holt SA told me to call the store nearest to you. From my experience watching the website for certain items at Christmastime, save yourself the time and call the counter nearest to you. 🙂

Not that I am aware of, I am stalking the website daily and I will admit I am getting a bit impatient.

Beautylookbook posted this comparison of a bunch of the cream shadows:

Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 9.58.49 AM.png

I skipped Platinum soooo many times but her swatches make me buy Platinum this time lol

May I ask how people use the cream shadows?  Like as a base layer, or stand alone?  I would love to see pics if you have them too!  Please let me know what other products you are using too, if you remember.

I have Spice and I love the color, I used it as a solitary shade and blended really well at the crease for a nice fade.  Is that how people typically use it?  What are the options? 

Do you have favorite brushes to use with cream shadows? 

Thanks!

I've been really drawn to cream shadows because I find that they stand alone really really well. In my experience, that's definitely true for the Armani eye tints and TF cream shadows. BUT they also blend really nicely. The eye tints blend well with each other, and I think the tom ford ones can be supplemented with regular shadows if you want something with more depth or drama. Like, I've worn Golden Peach before and used the darker shade from Nude Dip on my outer V. But Golden Peach definitely stands well on its own!

ill either apply with fingers or a shadow/shader brush 🙂

I've been in a real cream shadow phase lately and loving it! It's super easy to just pick a simple yet natural everyday shade like Platinum or Spice and just blend it out. I always use a flat cream eyeshadow brush, either from Tarte or Sephora usually. I know some people like to use cream shadows as a base, but they're so gorgeous that I just use them alone…unless I'm using a Tom Ford Cream and Powder Eye Colour duo, since they pair really beautifully ❤️ 

I always apply cream shadows with my fingers unless it's a shadow pencil (in which case I apply the pencil directly to my lid) and I blend with any fluffy eyeshadow brush.  A lot of the time I just use a single cream shadow as a quick all-over-the-lid look esp if I'm in a hurry.

I never use any primer or base before a cream shadows because I don't ever need to.  They always stay on my lids very well all day.  I don't have oily lids or anything.

I do that too sometimes where I use a single shade and fade it in the crease.

Honestly, I feel like there are no rules and you can apply them however you think works best for you. But that's how I do it and I'm obsessed with cream shadows.

Thanks guzelkiz! Appreciate the info! 🙂

Do you have a favorite cream shadow, brand and color? TF Spice is really my first, although I had the UD shadow sticks that didn't work too well for me.

Sure!

My collection is quite extensive because before 2015 I only wore creams.  My current favorite it CT's Bette.  I wear it so much and I bet I can actually finish it this year.  I  also love the Colour Pop formula a lot and the Maybelline Color Tattoos. 

The UD shadow sticks weren't creamy enough for me but try the LM Caviar Sticks, esp Cocoa and Amethyst.  

Hi, I have cream shadows from Charlotte Tilbury and tend to follow her application method, which can be seen in videos on her site. 1) Use a single shade all over the lid  as well as lining the lower lash line ,or

2) Using 2 shadows, a darker shadow all over the lid, blending up into the crease  and line the lower lash line; a 2nd lighter shade applied at the lash line and brought up slightly and also applied to the inner corner of eye (tear duct area).

I used Charlotte Tilbury's smudger brush as suggested and I quite like the brush whether application is using your finger to apply then using the brush to smooth out the edges are for precision when lining. I'm sure there are other brushes that would also work, Her shadows become more metallic when using a lighter touch once some cream is on the lids.

I haven't tried TF eye cream but will be placing an order soon.

Thanks TraceyEB! I will check the videos! I'm really interested in method two you are referring to, sounds cool! /)

It's a version of the look used in her Norman Parkinson collection Miss Kensington video (except I bring the light color along the lash line):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iJmy7boM7o

She has lots of one color swipe on your eyelid with your finger and go.

Tracey

I usually use them stand alone.  Too much work to use them as a base.  Using a shimmery shadow over something like spice would be pretty.  And I suppose using a more sheer shadow like Sphinx over a dark shade would be gorgeous (I swatched a like look on my arm but haven't done an eye look).

I use the hourglass crease brush, fingers and what is sometimes called a smoky eye brush (tapered to a point, round and quite small eye shadow brush...mine is a sephora pro that they no longer carry but did call a "smoky eye" brush).

But I don't wear my cream eyeshadows enough so am not an expert...

I've worn spice once so far! 🙂 My application was pretty rough but I see the potential. The color is so gorgeous! 

I will try the shimmery shadow and am also interested in looking up those brushes you use! 🙂 Thanks meganlisa!

testing