Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

I picked up my first ever TF makeup purchase yesterday..spice.. I swatched all the colors including sphinx which was the only one sold out (holts yorkdale).

I decided to get platinum later since they are perm and I wasn't sure if I liked it on myself. I tried out sphinx as well and its very pretty but I found it tad shimmery when blended out and did have some fall out as it dried as well..the SA suggested to apply a base or foundation to even out the lids for better pigmentation to show through. Sphinx almost reminds me of mug pigment hologram/wild fire not same but something between those two. 

I didnt preorder the honeymoon quad because 1) Do not want to pay $10 shipping 2) they expected shipment in 4 weeks or more. I rather order with Nordstrom if this is the case. 

Also was informed that all TF prices are going up in March by $5-$10. 

More price increases!?! Thanks for that info, I got another of my favorite #13 Eye Blend brush. 

More price increases?? Boo!!

I love Spice - very wearable - I hope you like it as well!

I know and with Canadian prices Its worse!  I have already noticed other items on my love list go up..

Havent tried spice yet, will try it over the weekend but I already know I love it.

Yes NJ I actually sent her a text this morning! So I am hoping to hear from her soon..I wanted to swatch in store first which I got a chance to yesterday before I contacted her. 

I didn't pick up platinum, had a moment of confusion when the holts SA hinted it may not suit my skin tone too well and pull too cool hence look off/sickly on me..I recalled how much I once hated mac's satin taupe on me so I passed on platinum yesterday to research more lol..  any opinion on this one?

Yes please that would be wonderful from both of you coz it helps to see it on someone in similar skin tone range. 

I read somewhere that it was quite similar to maybelline tattoo shadow in bad to the bronze..which i used to wear non stop couple yrs ago until it dried up..i did look up comparison swatches on google and temptalia..they do look similar but platinum is slightly cooler I think. So i think since TF texture is so creamy i can potentially mix in a wee lil bit of spice to platinum to warm it up. I want to wear these as a wash of color for a fast look so im glad to hear it works for both you and dioraddict!

I will try Platinum and pm you with a picture if that will help you to decide. I liked to wear it alone to work and my friend commented it makes my eye pop/bright in a good way. I have big eyes so I worry if she says that lol...

Our SA is off until Tuesday so you will probably here from her when she is back or earlier 🙂

Awh thanks that would be nice.. i have big eyes too (plus dark circles and pigmented lids sigh) thats why I worry if they pop in a bad, punched in the eye way which can happen to me with some taupey and gray/silver colors. 

And thanks for letting me know she is off until tuesday coz otherwise I would have been waiting quite impatiently and wondering if I messed up the basic art of texting 😄

I am sure you will like Spice, I like it for everyday use too. Did you try them with the Tom Ford base?  I have the Tom ford primer and it helps when I use that for my cream shadows. I prefer to get them from Nordies just because of their return policy and my awesome SA.

Yup NJ kindly passed her SA's info so I will place a bigger order through her when she calls me back. Whats nordies return policy though?

I actually didnt even know about the base (very new to TF) so I will def check that out too! Thanks for the tip. 

As long as you have the product box(they have their own bar code sticker for anything you buy), you can send the items back even after trying it. Your orders come with a paid return label and they will call and refund you in whichever card you like. 

Oh wow..ok now thats customer service! Thanks for the info!

I heard this from other brands too like Tata Harper, Kat Burki and Guerlain(7% raise). Tata's regenerating cleanser will go up from 90 to 130. So I was expecting the same for Tom Ford at some point. Thanks anewxa, now I need to plan my purchases for February 😉

haha np dioradict! I must admit I have quite the TF list and almost had a moment of panic to get everything then and there but thankfully I resisted and even passed on platinum.. I asked NJ about this in the post below and would love your input too..whats your opinion abt platinum? I know colors like spice will always work for me but this Im not sure. 

I will do it tomoro morning/Afternoon for u, I promise 🙂

Np take your time and thank you 🙂

Pm-ed you with some pics of sphinx 🙂

Thanks so much DA! I pm'd you back 🙂

I'm sure Spice will be beautiful on you! Enjoy!

But eep - I'm hoping that price increase doesn't apply to the States. They just increased prices in the past...it was less than a year ago right?

Oh I didn't ask about prices in the states, but maybe for us it is due to the current low dollar in Canada?

Usually hearing that would make me impulse buy everything but thanks to their no return or exchange policy I held myself back lol. 

I'm wondering if Negligee was in my CCO Because it was mislabeled because this doesn't look like any of the swatches I've seen. I really like it so I'm happy but im very confused 😛image.jpg

image.jpg

19 Replies
testing