Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Spoke too soon I hope - evilbay listings say it's discontinued and I can't find it on most store sites but tomford.com has it. And I know where you can get a full size backup for the same price as didier 😉

LMAO! Will it be labeled "Negligee?"

Why, yes. Yes, it will. But to paraphrase William Shakespeare, a rose by any other name still smells as sweet 😄

Orchid haze is cooler.  DD accents with a peach.  I can swatch DD for you, just let me know.

I do not, but if you have honeymoon...

the colours look really similar on a yellow skintone, imo, other than the glitter shade in DD.

im0702161age.png

These all lined up almost look like something out of the viseart sultry muse palette.. 

I've heard that comment that Disco Dust has shades similar to Viseart Sultry Muse palette. I don't know that brand well, so can't comment.

That's an interesting comparison. The copper color from DD is super pretty - I never would have imagined that it compared to the red from Honeymoon.

Interesting!

So, I was aiming for a "heavier" application with Sphinx, but used my finger, which I suspect isn't going to work. It's a lot more subtle than one would think. It really reminds me of Armani Rose ashes + more shimmer. I personally see a lot of gold, but when photographing see a cool pink come through. The pink/coral is there but it's in the shimmer, not the base. Very hard to capture 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I think if you really want that strong duochrome, it's going to require a heavy duty primer, maybe a white base, and a heavy application with brush. But this could just me my lack of skillz 

Probably! I'm sure i'm incorrect about a white base vs. black base.

Sphinx looks lovely on you! Natural but luminous ❤️

I can't wait to pickup my order so I can try out the new cream colours released for Spring 2016.

Thank you! Did you get all of the colors?

😃 

LOL, I wish but no, since all the shades are lovely. So far, I've only ordered Sphinx and Siren Blue. I already have 3 of the cream/celestial eyeshadow duos from a summer collection, as well as Platinum & Spice from a previous release. That is definitely enough cream shadow to last…probably a lifetime, yet my collection will likely still grow 😉

It does look subtle on the lids but pretty, it makes your eyes sparkle! 🙂

the first wrist swatch is what I would hope for on my lids, but blended out i think MK is right it probably wont show much on my dark lids except shimmers which isnt a bad thing but the color in the pot is so gorgeous i want just that hahha.. thanks for the swatches and testing it out..hope you are feeling better from your cold!

Thank you! I'm on the mend but ugh. Yesterday was a great day, and I feel like I took a few steps backwards today.

I got more shimmer than duochrome too.  Slight duochrome and pretty.  But more sheer than I expected.  For me, it builds up better over a dark, not white, base.

Yep, see - lack of skillz.

No, not lack of skills.  It is more shimmer than duochrome, regardless of what you do.  It has the duochrome to a degree...but on application sheers out regardless of whether you use a brush or finger.  I tried it all....

Hmm now im wondering if maybe a color like this works better on pigmented lids to show the duochrome shift... interesting that you got more sheer/shimmer too... alright im going in store to play around with testers to solve this one for myself! 

I find it quite sheer....it's pretty.  It also wears away to more shimmer than duochrome (IMO).

I feel like this would hardly show up on my pigmented lids. Platinum looks really nice though! 

17 Replies
testing