Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

I'd just throw in the towel and say the palette isn't for you.  Who knows what the magic is ....but some things work on us and others don't.  Or you just don't like it.  I'll bet you could trade it away successfully.

I have a soft spot for light sheer shades, but can understand that others don't.  This one isn't exciting...which is what I and some others like about it.  But I like what I call idiot proof and super light shades sometimes, and my features do well with them.  If you need to question it at this price point...no..just no.  You should love it.

I'm curious to hear!

I'm not sure if it's defective, but try it wet?  I think it's one of the wet/dry ones.

i definitely didn't have problems with pickup on mine.  I just found the colors a bit 'boring' for my taste.

I know you're lazy, but do try it wet. I find that is best for me and I also hate wetting shadows. I keep a spritzer on my vanity. I use water or setting spray.

I bought this palette because the SAs said it would be great for work, but too frosty for my darker skin to be an everyday work palette. I don't think I've touched it since last winter.

LOL!

Well, you and I are pretty similar in skintone... so I would say try a different brush first.  

That said, they do show up on me but they aren't bold.  This is from the other day when I was wearing it.  Other than the amount of shimmer, you probably wouldn't be able to tell I was wearing shadow at all from afar.

im1214154age.jpeg

Anonymous Insider

That's really surprising! Those are my favorite shades in that palette since I rarely use darkest shade for anything other than blending eye line. I usually use MJ conceal brush, so maybe I should look how it works with other eye brushes I have. 

I agree.  Nude Dip is my least favorite of the TF quads I own (of which I have many): poor pigmentation and too much shimmer for my liking.

try it wet, it makes a huge difference IMO

Anonymous Insider

Does anyone know a dupe for "Tom Ford Aphrodisiac" among Tom Ford lip colors currently available? Ah...I found my love but can't reach it. 

I have both Aphrodisiac and Cooper.  The diifference in finish is quite significant to make them very different lipsticks.

Cooper is shimmery and Aphrodisiac isn't.  I also think Aphrodisiac is a bit deeper in colour than Cooper. 

I am now curious how Francesco (SHowgirl), Cooper (Pure Pink), Aphrodisica, Kingston, and Alex all compare.  I have them all - so I might look when I am home.

Anonymous Insider

Can you share us how you find them different? I'm so sad that I missed Aphrodisiac. I don't prefer shimmery lipsticks 😞

I am on the road next several days but will check in next week if others haven't shared a swatch already.

PS- Cooper is shimmery, but not overly so at all (in a good way).  He is one of my favourite 2014 L&B and gets a lot of wear.

Anonymous Insider

I'd greatly appreciate it! 

I'm only guessing Pure Pink is not as shimmery as Flash of Pink is. 

Temptalia says Cooper is a 92% match, which I believe *may* be the L&B size of Pure Pink?

Yes Cooper is Pure Pink

Anonymous Insider

but isn't cooper (pure pink) sparkly, while Aphrodisiac glitter-less? T.T

That, I don't know, as I don't have either.  But here's the pic:

Screen Shot 2015-12-15 at 2.54.04 PM.png

Anonymous Insider

They look indeed similar! If evil bay (my first time ebay trial...) fails me, I'd grab that.

image.jpeg1215151

Full face egon

Anonymous Insider

That's really elegant and beautiful look on you! Is this nude dip?

Thank you!  It's a mix of nude dip, cognac sable and the dark burgundy from burnished Amber.

1 Reply
testing