Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

I wonder if I got the bottom of the Eric batch or something.

I'm guessing glitter probably sinks.  

Anyhow, I wouldn't completely discount it since the color is gorgeous, but I'd definitely recommend trying it in person before you buy it.

I wondered about that with my So Vain. I like the color but I can't wear it because of the grit. I haven't heard anyone else mention it. 

I think we're on to something, L4S.  My SV definitely has a lot of glitter in it, but it's not gritty like this.

I ordered Eric so we'll see how mine is. I am not picking up until Sunday so I can get my 10x points at Nordstrom. 

The hype is definitely based on the name and not the color haha, I've seen so many click-bait articles about "OMG Tom Ford names a lipstick after Drake" it's ridiculous.

I'm hoping my Eric is not horribly gritty 😞 I love the color but I'm not sure I'd be able to wear it comfortably.

As a resident of Toronto, I think I'm probably in the minority on thinking he's kind of a joke. (don't throw stones!)

Every time I hear or see his name, his 'started from the bottom...' song goes through my head, which in itself is even funnier.  

That kid did not start from the bottom, unless we have drastically redefined what the word bottom means 😄

I've always been a huge fan of his but yes, Toronto is not anywhere near "the bottom" lol

LOL, oh that's not even the context of how I took it, but that's funny too! 😄

I always took it to mean he was saying he started out broke.  He lived in the same condo as my in-laws for a time, and I can tell you, he would be far from hard done by.

Top-bottom; Drake, Joaquin, Eric

image.jpeg1124158

I love how Eric looks and it is already shipped so I guess I will find out about the texture.

Wow gorgeous!

Drake and Joaquin look gorgeous on you! 

Thank you for posting! Kinda wishing ( selfishly lol ) that you bought more so we could see more lip swatches from a BTer

joaquin is GORGEOUS on you! 

LOL, I did buy more, I just don't have the rest yet.  Not gonna lie, when I saw them go up on HR on Friday, I debated ordering all the ones I wanted and cancelling my Nordies pre-order, but my SA's really sweet, so I just stuck with the ones I had with her and grabbed a few impulse extras 😄

In speaking to her today it sounds like I *may* have the rest on Friday.

Fingers crossed!

Lucky! It takes forever to ship from Vancouver to Toronto.

Love your pics! Beautiful colors. I can't wait to get my hands on Drake. I'm a sheer lipstick gal and love purples so this will be fabulous.

Is it me or do they all pick up a little of your natural lip color?  Love all three, Eric the least of the three.  Thanks for posting.

And I do think Drake is lovely on you.

The one I noticed picking up my natural lip color the most is Drake.  He's quite sheer and this was after numerous passes to get him that 'opaque'

Eric did not get nearly as many passes and is not entirely opaque because it was unpleasant to apply.  Specifically in the middle right of the lip swatch I can see my natural lip color coming through.  I feel like I have another lipstick that is almost this same color.

Joaquin had the best coverage.  I don't think there's much showing through with him.  

Eric is so disappointing.

With Drake perhaps the slight sheerness makes it more wearable.  But Eric, not good.

Joaquin is so pretty!  I'm now starting to consider adding it...that was my almost shade...

congrats on receiving your new LBs and thank you for posting your swatches! joaquin is absolutely TDF. this is a must have for me.

eric is a really beautiful shade. too bad about its grittiness.

TBH, I didn't think Eric was going to be that awful until I tried on the other 2 after him and went... WTH???  

I mean, I knew the line was full of pearl and metallic finishes this time, so I was expecting some texture, but Eric had a gross nearly sandpapery texture.  

16 Replies
testing