Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

According to Temptalia's dupe machine, HIRO = TOMAS 

:S

If that's for reals I will be very disappointed.

Tomas was already a boy last year, and he got promoted to a man as Sunset Blvd.  

That's just being greedy, Tom!

Also, Temptalia seems to think Ansel is just Quiver lip shine in a more opaque format.  

thanks for this information, and sorry for your disappointment. i was attracted to hiro but not to tomas. if they are more or less the same then i will not be purchasing this color.

Hiro is going off my list and I'll get jay instead.

Temptalia's detailed review of 5 boys are now posted (Ansel, Alex, Rocco, Austin, Kingston) 

Do I really need both Alex and Kingston? 

I had the same dilemma! Alex or Kingston…or both? It seems they are super close in colour. Alex has more of a natural finish and Kingston has a bit of a pearl in it. I don't think it's necessary to have both.

In this group of pinks, it seems Alex, Kingston and Rocco are really close in colour, just with slightly different finished. Guess it just depends on personal preference. Personally, I'm going with Kingston. 😃

i forgot what alex looks like, but kingston is definitely a yummy color. 🙂

Lol I ask myself the same question. I think I will ask my SA to get me Roman instead of Hiro instead

hahaha at getting promoted to a man!

I was afraid this might happen given their propensity to recycle this year. I am a bit disappointed in general that there wasn't more variety in finishes. I think TF does the glimmer/metallic finish better than any line out there, I would still appreciate some variety.

Me too!  I was very surprised there are no mattes in the L&B line this year.

I was really hoping for some mattes too. I like their matte formula because its not too matte, if that makes sense. Plum Lush is one of my favorite lipsticks. A mini in that would have been great.

Ugs, I want to kick Tom behind right now 😞

If that's true, it makes it more likely that Derek = Blake. Hmm.

I checked the dupe list for those this morning and they are 95% similar, but it looks like Derek is more opaque.

Which still irritates me since I will now have both, but at least they aren't blatantly 100% the same.

Looks liked Temptalia rating for new boys are up 😉

You can also search for dupes now on them.

I don't see the actual grades??

There are grades, if you click on the summary on the main page it should take you here

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 8.33.40 PM.png

Looks like you can't view the grades on mobile device! Though its pulling up on my iPad 😉

So I ordered four including Theo which i can see prob won't work for me. I will wait for more swatches etc online and NOT touch it, and if I don't want it would probably be interested in trading for Derek in the same, unswatched/unused condition. So in case anyone wanted Theo and got a Derek they don't want...l

Looks like the boys have been pulled from the Holt Renfrew website. I guess they did go up too early?

...that or I'm completely missing them somehow haha 😄

What color is Roman? Different swatches different color variations.

On me Roman is a brown with green undertones (as in olive or khaki, not bright).  But it picks up a little of my natural lips color as well.  It's oddly wearable on me. My SA and I both at first were unsure but it grew on us both quickly.  But it's not an every day color for many.

And browns are tough on me but I still like this one.

1 Reply
testing