1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

It's Cary 🙂 

Anonymous Insider

Thank you! 🙂

Do any of you (fellow) lipstick addicts have the duo with Bite Date and can tell me the dupe in Tom Ford? I think Bite Date looks really pretty but I already have Fig in the full size, so I didn't want the mini duo, and so then I though, why not just get a similar color in a favoriter (yes, that's a word) formula! I know this thought process makes perfect sense. 🙂 🙂

I'm pretty sure I have the duo (it's so hard to keep track), but I'll check if i do and if I can find a dupe when I get home tonight!

Oops! Turns out I don't have that duo, sorry!

no worries, thank you for checking! 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Hey ladies! Does anyone have Collin/Indian rose or James/twist of fate swatches?

I can help with Indian Rose. I would say it's much closer to NARS Anita than Anna. Julian reminds me more of Anna, although much lighter.  I have Vanessa in one of my bags so I forgot to include her in my swatches.  I could probably do lip swatches of these tomorrow if you would like, since the sun is already starting to go down.

I'm lip twins with Zpsid....it's pretty much the color of my lips. I can't really see the color go on, just the finish changes.

20151014_165817-1.jpg

Anna, Anita, Indian Rose, Cary/Casablanca, Julian (the next set of swatches is more accurate for Julian than this one)

20151014_164709.jpg

Then I tried a light application of the NARS:

Indian Rose, Anita (light application), Julian, Anna (light application - patted on rather than swiped)

20151014_165156.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Ack! I ordered Julian and now having second thoughts... Seeing it swatched it looks kind of similar to MJ infamous with maybe a bit more purple? Hmmm

I think Julian is different enough to give it a shot.  Julian is less purple on my lips than Anna. It looks more like a pink with lilac tones.  Google image thebeautylookbook Tom Ford Julian (the 4th image) and that's exactly what it looks like on me. Julian is lighter and more purple than infamous. 

These are not the best swatches in the world, but I tried lol You have Infamous right? So hopefully this will give you a good idea of how it compares.

Here's Infamous, Julian, and NARS Sex Machine (lip pencil)

20151014_233809.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture - I just took one and wiped it off since I'm going to sleep soon. This is inside w/ flash. Thebeautylookbook's picture is much more helpful, but at least you can see it looks like the same color on me.

20151014_233849.jpg

I have Julian on my to-get list... I think I'm happy with that decision 😄

Anonymous Insider

Thank you so much! I'm more pleased with my purchase now. 

Yay lip twins! I did not like the way Anna looked on me at all (I traded her away), but IR is my have. I didn't know it was so close to Anita though - great swatches! Thanks!

I was going to get Indian rose, but I have Anita already. Do you think they are different enough to get both?

Here is Anita on me: 

20151014_173724 (1).jpg

I think they're different enough in texture, but not color, so it depends on what type of formula you prefer.  Indian Rose is not as thick or opaque as Anita, which I prefer in a MLBB color.  With Anita I can tell I'm wearing lipstick because it's so opaque, whereas with Indian Rose it looks more natural.  I like the Audacious formula for darker colors, but it's not my favorite for lighter colors.  I hope that helps.

I will probably get one in L&B, thanks!

Here is Indian Rose:

Tom Ford Indian Rose.jpg

It is really a MLBB for me, almost the exact same color - I wear it frequently

Funny how different lipsticks can look on different people, First Time looks like this on me, Indian Rose is a bit darker than this. Then again it seems most lipsticks look darker on me than most people, So Vain is almost a deep berry on me!

Anonymous Insider

The swatches I've seen seem so much darker. This is pretty!

Indian Rose is a bit darker than the above pic on me, but it's still a very pretty everyday colour. And I'm so fair, just about every lipstick seems darker on me against my skin haha

I feel my lips are super pale so everything seems lighter on me!

18 Replies
testing