Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

I'm wearing it today and it came out better than when I tested it. I focused on using just the darker side of the ombré and it was better. image.jpg

Anonymous Insider

It's a very pretty eye look, which goes perfectly with that fierce lip! Love! 🙂

You look beautiful and the possible pigmentation issue doesn't worry me anymore. 

Do you notice any difference in the finish vs the regular blushes ? 

Thanks!!! 

Yeah, it's more sheer than the regular brushes. Interestingly enough o do not use my TF cheek brush with the regular TF blushes. They are so pigmented - I just use a fluffy brush. You need the cheek brush for this. 

Beautiful! You and Ivy are totally enabling me on this one

You look lovely as always mrsbaine! Can't wait to see Moodlight on you 😄

Thanks! I have it on now actually! The light doesn't pic it up because I'm outside. But I wore it yesterday too and took a pic inside: image.jpg

Anonymous Insider

Ooooh, this is a gorgeous, impeccably polished look! I am loving the plum smokey eyes paired with the vague hint of plum on your cheeks, and that cute plum lip hue! Stunning! 🙂

Moodlight is super subtle and hard to capture for sure (I ended up posting a review on my blog, and even with my nice DSLR its hard to see)!

Still - you look beautiful 🙂

It looks great on you! It's so hard to capture the true colour in photo.

The texture actually feels smoother than regular blush (and no fall out), but regular blush is definitely more pigmented. The shade range is different from regular blush line too. 

Btw, I honestly feel like Holt Renfrew is pretty much giving away all the Tom Ford business to Nordstrom lol. 

Hi Ivy--plum looks great on you as both eyeshadow and blush! Wow, I am surprised it is smoother than the regular blush because those blushes are the best I've tried. 

Does it last long on the cheek and the eyes?

My SA is going to wait until the 10th to ask a different manager to waive the shipping charge because one of them didn't approve it. I hate paying for shipping  (especially since my order $700+ !!) so I don't mind waiting 

I hope that Holt's realizes what a bad move they are making by charging that much for shipping ( even with large orders!) with Nordstrom's entry into the Canadian market. And I hate the website--how can I high end retailer not catalog all of their merchandise online and provide the ability to make purchases in this day and age. I can't even try to figure out what to spend my 10% back gift card on because I can't see everything that they sell. 

I like my SA and am loyal to her as she has always ensured that I get what I order and send me great samples that are worth more than the points that I can earn at Nordstrom in Ottawa.

However, now that we will be able to order TF from Nordstrom in Vancouver, I may have to order things I am not so sure I'll love with Nordstrom due to their amazing no questions asked return policy. Or if I want to just order one item without having to pay $15 for shipping.

It lasted all day on my cheek! Love Nordstrom's return policy and they always include a return label in my package too 🙂 

I guess that I got lucky! Liam shipped for me.

Guys my Moodlight shipped! A whole week earlier than expected!:D 

A year or so ago I would never have thought for a moment I would buy high end makeup. "It can't possibly be that much better." but....The Tom Ford lipsticks seriously are amazing. After I got some, there are other brands I couldn't wear anymore because I realized how drying they were and how unevenly they wore off. (Some would still leave color at my lip line but wear off in the middle.) I can still easily wear Too Faced and Urban Decay lipsticks, and most of the Mac ones I have. But there were a few brands I had grabbed a few of just for the colors that I had to ditch.

The shadows are good, I don't see them surpassing UD personally, which I am a huge fan of, but the quads are perfectly planned to have the right offering of colors. When I am overwhelmed with my options in the mornings it's nice to just have my decision made for me. 🙂 Plus I love how the quads challenge me to combine some colors I might not have.

When visiting Vancouver recently my aunt brought me to Holts and my first full sized Sephora. She also brought me around to the sites and to thank her I got her TF lipstick in Negligee, because she had tried it on and it looked so amazing. She can't get over it, would have never spent that much on herself but it was quite meaningful as a gift. 🙂

sorry, long day and these are my deep thoughts. 🙂

Syd, that is how I feel about the lipsticks now too! I actually think I buy fewer lipsticks now, weirdly enough.

Oh I also have Moodlight which I haven't tried yet, and I do love the blush in Ravish. Very pigmented.

Tom Ford is most definitely a slippery slope!

It's interesting to hear your take on the eyeshadows. I love UD eyeshadows, but for me, the texture of the Tom Ford shadows is superior - they feel very luxe (to me anyways). But UD has all of those colors!

That was such a thoughtful gift - I'm sure that she loved it and will always have that memory :).

• This is how I felt too until I bought my first high end lipstick. Tom Ford is a solid brand for lipsticks for sure. I do love them. For eye shadows, I do like them; and have several, but I don't think they are the best eye shadow brand out there. I would put Burberry over Tom Ford quality for eye shadows. The Tom Ford blushes are some of the best I've tried. I just tried Moonlight or the first time yesterday and I'm loving it so much! 

Mrsbaine! You succumbed to Moodlight?!

9 Replies
testing