Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

20150828_182052.jpg

My latest acquisitions: Lavender Lust, Pure Pink, So Vain, and Something Wild

So Vain pulls pretty brown (with micro shimmer) on me, Pure Pink is a gorgeous bright pink - I actually like it a lot…haven't tried SW yet

Pure PInk (Cooper) is gorgeous!  Can't wait to see how you like all thes ecolours.  I really like Something Wild as a Rose on me.

Yay-Enjoy your new goodies!

I would love to see Something Wild on you!

I agree with you about Pure Pink--it is gorgeous!

I'll try to post photos sometime soon of all 3. So Vain is my favorite - I love it!

Pure pink and lavender lust are gorgeous!

Went to the event at my local Neimens.  Forgot to ask if Moodlight was permanent but....

The list for lips and boys should be out mid september.  The top 25 from the last go around; 25 new and with different finishes.  Neimans will have an exclusive early offer of Flynn, Patrick and Luciano during Beauty week which starts Sept 10.

The gold lip photos are Rory with the lip lacquer on top (I'm not buying it as i own rory...).  Rory will be in the new lips and boys and is one of the new 16 shades just released though no one could figure out which (Neimans just got them).  

I got the pink ombre.  So pretty as an eye shadow.  They were all better than I expected.  TF is focusing on the plum, mixed with Cocoa mirage eye shadow palette and Bruise eye liner.

I loved a few of the lip shades...that I don't have.  The lilac is lovely...

A waterproof mascara is coming, maybe a travel brush set, and the lash tips (gold and navy black for lash tips only).

The new lip glosses are gorgeous...and I'm not a lip gloss girl.

I think that's it...

tf gloss.jpg

tf blush.jpg

Petf lipstick.jpg

Thanks Megan!

how did the ombre blushes feel as compared to the permanent blushes?

Were they pigmented? Do you think they are worth the extra money? Is the brush that comes with it a good quality brush or rather cheaply made?

sorry for all the questions..I am unsure if I should buy them or not and I cannot try them before buying them.

BTW, the glosses are not new, they are part of the permanent range.

Bloor St has the testers already. I don't think they are as pigmented as the regular blush, but the texture is very creamy! The brush feels the same as the ones from eyeshadow quad. Pink ombre is definitely the most pigmented shade.

Ivy--are you still thinking about getting Plum? 

I'm trying to decide what I want since the Holt's 10% offer ends today. Wish it would apply to make up. 

The GC can only be used towards women's clothing, so it's not really a big incentive for me to get it right now. I tried to text my SA yesterday, but still did not get a reply (my guess is she's on vacation). Anyways, I will be getting it sometime next week for sure and I can send you some photos if you want 🙂 

Agree!

The blushes aren't as pigmented.  They work beautifully as shown by the TF artists...mixed with other shadows for contrasts, with the "blushes" as eye shadow and the blush sweeping into the eye shadow.  It actually really works and is lovely.  And I think these ombre blushes have a little more neutral in them, making them actually work as intended.

I did here a few comments from the TF reps that they weren't as pigmented as intended.  I thought they were fine...except the bronze...which I honestly couldn't build up.

The brush...no...

The pink was shockingly gorgeous on...and the plum was pretty....the coral.  

I was super rushed, and expected I'd walk away with a lipstick.  And there were a few lipsticks I like.  I always feel obligated since I got a gift bag, a makeup application lesson etc.  I got the pink blush.

But they aren't must haves.  Since I like the more natural look they were lovely and work well as part of a look.

But the pink was also very pretty on my eye color...

Oh, now I'm wondering if I need the pink ombre since you said it was gorgeous. I was leaning towards only getting Plum and peach. 

Do you have Frantic Pink or Wicked Blush to compare with Pink Ombre? I'm hoping it's similar enough that I don't need it lol

The pink is the most pigmented.  The plum is the one in the ads (according to the TF makeup artist ...regional senior one).  The coral is my SAs favorite.  I thought the bronze was by far the least pigmented.

I don't have the other 2 blushes...sorry.

Going into the event I didn't think I'd like these.  But on, I did like the look and a lot more than I expected.  The pink is a warm shade, on me.

They did a tutorial with the plum and mixed it with Cocoa Mirage and Bruise eye liner.  Very pretty.  So Vain on the lips and the matching gloss.  

You don't "need" it...I don't "need" it.  Will you get it?

Since I like easy, natural looks...and these fit the bill...I liked them more than I expected.  I'm also still eyeing a few lipsticks.  Luckily, I've been super busy today so haven't gotten anything!

I'm curious - what does one receive in a gift bag at a Tom Ford event??

Standard perfume samples:  Noir, Black Orchid, Oud Wood, mini Indian rose lipstick, deluxe mini Neroli Portofino lotion, deluxe mini illuminating primer and deluxe mini of the men's mud mask.  In a cute TM bag (the regular paper ones).

What a great gift--especially the mini Indian Rose.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the men's mud mask. Will you use it yourself ?

I'll probably try the mud mask...to see...then give the rest to my daughter. She's of the age where such masks matter more.  I'm curious too!

Oh that sounds lovely!

It looks and sounds like you had fun!

It was fun.  And they made room for my daughter, gave her a makeover..gift bag...so nice of them.

19 Replies
testing