Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

The ombré shadows and brow sculpting palettes are now at Nordstrom. Lovely as they are, I think I'll pass on these. Must prepare for the lippies.

There were none that screamed to "BUY"... I'm passing on them. 

I asked my TF SA to ship the goodies to my place and she told me Holts is charging $12 flat rate shipping now 😞 Anyone experienced the same problem with Holts? I never paid for shipping when I shop with Holts, but she told me it's a relatively new policy.

Sadly I was charged 12 for shipping on my summer order 😞

Thanks for confirming this info! One more reason to order from Nordstrom I guess.

When I ordered the Pink Glow palette, I was charged shipping. I think it was around $12. The SA told me (then) that it was cheaper to ship within Toronto, but outside of Toronto was around $12. Maybe the new policy just caught me then? 

It is disappointing. Especially for such expensive products! I'm also looking forward to Nordstrom and have my fingers crossed for a good experience.

I saw some discussion of the fragrances below, here's a quick update on the two new Tom Ford ones coming out.  I'm terrible at describing fragrances, but here's a shot! 

I went to try the new fragrances - Venetian Bergamot and Amber Absolute this weekend.  Venetian Bergamot I liked instantly.  I thought it would be more citrus-y, but it's actually got quite a bit of vanilla and more warmth than I expected after drydown, while still having a fresh quality to it. Good staying power, I got at least 4-5 hours out of this. My SA says Venetian Bergamot will be part of the regular collection. Nordstrom and NM both had this in. 

Amber Absolute at first spray is very powerful, quite boozy, and I was thinking - um, maybe not on that one.  Fast forward to an hour later, and I kept catching whiffs of it, and couldn't stop smelling such a beautiful warm amber, vanilla, earthy-foody-boozy warmth.  Great staying power - at least 6-7 hours and probably more but then I showered. Anyway, the SA said this is a re-release, they will be getting limited quantities and then it will be gone again.  I'm wearing my sample again today and I'm pretty sure this is a must have for me, so I'm going to call and ask them to hold one for me of the 1 oz.  NM had VB and AA testers, but no live product for AA yet, but they expect it this week.  It's showing OOS on NM, and not on Nordstrom online at all. It's up on TF website, though. 

There is a Killian Amber Oud that I have been holding out for, but since this TF is limited, I think I will get this now.  If you like warm, boozy, amber fragrances, definitely try it out if you can!

Amber Absolute sounds like it is right up my alley!

Ooh, I think I need the Amber Absolute too!

Thanks for the heads up! Both sound interesting - will have to see if I can get some samples from my counter :).

I just remebered that on the pics that BlackKittty posted , her SA had written that there were 16 new shades and noted that they were best sellers from Lips and boys. Then she also wrote 30 total...maybe this means that with these shades, there's 30 total in the permanent lineup ( taking into account the discontinued shades)

The picture is on page 19 of this thread. 

So I think the 16 lipsticks are comprised of

release of Asian exclusives here ( bare peach, forbidden pink, naked coral)

new: misbehavin and soo vain

and the rest could be the repromoted lips and boys. Some of my guesses: John, Francesco, Omar, Justin or Alexander, pavlos, Michael , Thomas, Blake, Gustavo 

You're so Tom Ford savy, Kate!! Why the heck aren't you working for him?? Or are you?.....

I've seriously considered asking the counter manager for a part time gig just for the employee discount whatever it may be!  Lol but we only have fragrance,permanent lipsticks, and lip shines here so not worth it lol

Really ree has pictures of 2 of the new boys

im0816155age.jpgi0816156mage.jpg

Darn it TF.....stop making such pretty lipsticks!  🙂

Does anyone know of any availability of violet blonde at a legit retailer?  I've been looking for more but found out it's retired and am having a hard time.

You might have luck calling a CosBar boutique. How long ago was it retired?

I am not sure about full bottles but you might try a decant service. A Perfumed Court and Surrender to Chance are reputable, I think. Lucky Scent is an independent perfermer in Southern California that is another option. They sell some TF or might be able to help you find it. 

Posh Peasant has decants available, too. 

For anyone interested in the new lippies, I ventured to the TF counters I have - Saks and Nordstrom each have one, but they're not really full counters. They have fragrance, lippies, and nail polish. Of course, that meant the Nordstrom counter didn't have the new ones in stock yet.

I did go to the full counter (my *usual* spot) at Neimans, and they knew exactly what i was talking about, but said they're expecting them closer to the end of the month. I'm on the list to be called though!

I'm more confused than ever with those lipsticks! I simply must drag myself and my kid to the mall and check these out. Mind you, it's almost an hour away....it's the GOOD mall (which has everything and oh so much more) BUT I do have to make an exchange (which could be done at any mall in the universe, lol!) But heck, it's time for a mini road trip to the zoo and playground.  I can't do one without the other two! That's just the way we roll. 

PS. I laughed at the list of all the Sephora stores people have been to. That looks like my zoo and aquarium list which started way, way, prior to me ever becoming a parent! 😄

1 Reply
testing