Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

I didn't need to read this, but I DID need to read this.

I was waiting for it to show up at Nordies too...so now I go off to order.

As a highlighter lover, you do need it GC 😉

I ordered it yesterday...have a shipping notice too 🙂

Yay!! Can't wait to hear what you think

Argh, I'm about to crack and buy it from my local counter. I have a wedding to go to tomorrow and would like to try it out. I have no idea when TF will be shipping out, and I don't see a way to cancel online. Plus I'm slightly nervous because there isn't a way to order it online anymore...

I wouldn't wait.... 

So... I preordered the highlighter from the Tom ford website on July 15th. I've gotten nothing. I called earlier this week when others started to get theirs. The rep said they weren't in the warehouse yet. Today I emailed the same rep when yet another friend got hers. She told me I should check on Monday. I cancelled the order and ordered it from nordies. I'm not ordering from Tom ford direct again. 

I had a horrible experience ordering Negligee from them directly when it first came out! It took forever, I never got confirmation or a tracking number and I had to call them three times! Definitely with you on that one. (The packaging was to die for though)

Yeah, I have heard horror stories about their customer service, but now that it's happened to me... I'm don't with them. I'll stick to a counter. 

Also, I'm with you about TF direct. I don't like that I need to sign for my deliveries, but most importantly - after Saks failed to provide an atomizer when I purchased the large bottle of Tuscan Leather last month, I contacted TF direct several times. I've gotten absolutely 0 response.

Thanks mrsbaine! I'm heading to my counter straight from work then. I ordered it pretty much within an hour of them sending out an e-mail that it was available. Will have to call and cancel my order.

Did you get it yesterday? 

I did! I'll search shortly, haven't done my makeup yet. The SA applied it on me (I was already wearing bronzer) and it was super subtle. It's beautiful!

Actually, my counter said that they got stock last Saturday (so a week ago) and sold all but their last 20. 

Thank you! I had a Nordstrom Note, so I pounced 😉

I had an $80 Nordstrom Note so I basically didn't buy anything, right? Also extremely pleased with the GWP right now. A little bummed because I just purchased the exfoliant last month during the Anniversary Sale, but this product is a staple in my routine. I think it single-handedly has made the biggest difference in my skin. Within a week of using the product I began getting compliments on my skin and they have continued to this day.

I tried out TF Traceless Foundation today (the sheer kind in the square bottle).  A base product is the only thing that has kept me from doing a TF face.  I tried the Perfecting foundation before.  As much as I loved the formula, the shade seemed a tiny bit off.

Anyway, about the Traceless foundtaion. 

Pros:

It is sheer - I love sheer

Colour match - great!

Doesn't oxidize

Finish is great

I can't feel like I'm wearing anything - looks good.

Cons:

My face gets shiny quickly (my skin is oily in summer)

So I am putting this away as my winter foundation.  Burberry Sheer will remain my summer foundation.  I love that.

Yay!  I have stuff I like!

Thanks for the review. I have yet to try TF bases because I'm skeptical about them matching. What shade did you end up with?

Hi Talinder!

My shade is 8-Caramel and it feels good to me.  The formula is very sheer, so the shade can be a little forgiving if it so happens.  It matches me right now (summer), but I think I can easily wear it in winter with no trouble.

Talinder, a Caramel will probably work for you too. The three of us are pretty close... 

If anyone lives nearby, the CCO at Miromar Outlets in Florida has a GREAT selection of Tom Ford products. When I went a week ago, they had some foundations, foundation sticks, Lips and Boys, Mascara, Concealer, an Eye shadow Quad, and the kicker...both shade and illuminate compacts (which I just bought for full price a day before). They said that location always tries to get Tom Ford in stock and gets new shipments monthly, so if you're in the area, it's worth the trip! 

UPS guy just left a package at my doorstep. It's so beautiful! 

Skin Illuminating Powder Duo Moodlight

image.jpg

I won't post the same picture again. I'm light to medium skin tone and it very subtle on me (I layer both shade). Overall, I like it 🙂 

17 Replies
testing