Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Nooooo!  I was just getting around to wanting to try Coco Ravish or Deep Mink!  Maybe I better grab 'em before they sell out everywhere!  *panic*

So the Fed Ex guy arrived a little bit ago and I dove head first into this box. I got the AW15 Cream shadow. First Impressions: This is different than all other creams and I want to know why. Tom Ford creams are typically more souffle texture; this one is firm, like Chanel's or Givenchy. I was not expecting that at all. Another thing- I thought initially the color was more orange. I recall seeing swatches and they were almost a warm fall orange. It's not orange either. It's a pretty, just not what I expected. The texture when swatched feels like Charlotte Tilbury's Cream Filmstar Bronze and highlight. It's pretty smooth. I dipped a fluffy brush directly into it and applied it in and above the crease so I could see the color. It's very pretty on. It's definitely fall. 

AW15.jpg

Thank you for the swatches and for posting a review on your blog sooo quickly.

How has it performed throughout the day?

Absolutely!!! I applied it in the afternoon and took it off about 30 minutes ago. It's shorter duration for me, but the product held up. The more I looked at it, the color is really close to YSL Cream blush in Red Agate. 

So pretty! How would you describe the color mrsbaine? It's so tricky seeing swatches online. On your wrist, it almost looks like a dusty mauve. 

Thanks! I'd call it rosey brown actually. It reminds me of marsala

Thank you!  That's a great description. 

Omg, you are simply the best. Thank you for posting this so quickly. Hm... This will be interesting. I do love the old formula so I'm not sure how I feel about this one. Is it easy to apply on the eyelid with the new texture? You look beautiful regardless. 

Yup. I actually just put up my initial thoughts on my blog... Google beautydeux. Application was fine. I used the same technique as Colour Pop products actually. 

One of the things many of us liked about the formula is the texture - light and fluffy. Can I also complain that the logo is too busy? It's a nice color, but I'm wondering if I would really use it. Thanks for pics.

You may use it.... it's a pretty color, but I do wish the formula was different. I guess the bonus here is you could also use it as a blush. Feeling my eyes right now, it's pretty much set- so it's not tacky or wet like other cream blushes. 

I remember reading Really Ree's post on this, and she said it would be a whole new formula "based on lipstick technology", rather than TF cream shadows. Do you find it similar to a lipstick texture? I have a hard time imagining that, which is why this hasn't tempted me yet. 

hmm, I can see why they say lipstick. It is similar to that. If I had to pick a formula today, I'm picking the old formula. However, this is a pretty product, and one that will get used. It's very wearable. 

I agree, I really love the fluffy, cream formula. Naked Bronze has been my go-to ever since I bought it because it applies and wears so well. I'd love to see more cream shadows in the old formula! 

Not sure how this colour would look on me, to be honest. I feel like my skin tone just isn't quite right for it! But I love how it looks on you. Very pretty for the fall!

Definitely not what I was expecting, but the swatch looks lovely :). What are you wearing on your lid (below the crease)?

Thanks! I'm wearing Viseart Sultry Muse in the outer corner and on the lid. 

My AW15 cream shadow shipped! That was faster than expected! I hope the highlighter is as fast! 

I was also surprised - my cream shadow and highlighter both supposedly shipped - crazy! 🙂

Surprisingly, my shadow is on a fed ex truck right now. 

Darn, you ladies are killing me. Should I or shouldn't I order with TomFord.com? That is the question 😉 I think I should wait to hear your thoughts:)

If mrsbaine gets her eye shadow today, you shouldn't have to wait long :). Please post photos!

1 Reply
testing