Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

You will get a lot more use out of cocoa mirage. I use that quad all the time... Even if it's one shade. It is perfect for work for me, and I'd bet it would be perfect for going out. If you want one shimmer, buy a L'oreal infallible to use as an accent... Either in the tear duct, or on the lid. They mix well together. I like Amber rush with Cocoa Mirage. I own nude dip. I haven't used it since the fall. It was awesome for me for about 2 weeks than I realized that for everyday in a professional environment I shouldn't wear it. 

I've missed you on your thread, MrsBaine! 

Aww!!! I've been on vacation for about a week or so! 

I have both and I like both very much. For me personally Cocoa Mirage is the better stand-alone daily palette. The mattes work for every situation. I prefer to wear Nude Dip mixed with some mattes from other source to break up the shine. It's a lovely shine, don't get me wrong, but for me it's too much all at once. For context I have a large eyelid and browbone space so I think that influences my opinion. More space + all shiny shades doesn't do good things for me. 

Nude Dip ++++1! I'm a stay at home mom and wear makeup every day because I enjoy it, and often I am the only mom who is made-up so I'm very conscious of over-doing it with shadows. I wear Nude Dip every day and I feel like it's just downright pretty and wearable, no matter where you are...

I agree with the others and go for Nude Dip. Cocoa Mirage is lovely but Nude Dip has more of the TF "wow factor".

If you are looking for high quality matte shadows, I would actually suggest the Viseart matte neutrals for almost the same price as Cocoa Mirage. I don't know if there are dups for the colors, but in my opinion Viseart are the best matte shadows, period.

The viseart is really designed to be used on combo with other shadows for different colors and textures, but you can easily create tons of looks using that alone. Also, it is a great, compact size for travel. Not really that much bigger than a TF that are huge for holding four shadows. TF does have a usable mirror if that matters.

http://www.sephora.com/viseart-eyeshadow-palette-P391306?skuId=1665629&icid2=editors' picks_P391306_link

Haha, now I agree with lipstick. If you want the best of both world then get TF Nude Dip and Viseart Neutral Matte. If you want to collect TF, then Cocoa Mirage can't be missed 😉

my vote is Nude Dip because it can be used wet as well - Cocoa Mirage cannot.

Hi jbana!

i just went through this "dilemma" a couple of weeks ago. I opted for nude dip, because the colors, while shiny, aren't really shimmery and I found them even more neutral than the cocoa mirage quad. I've used this quad several times already and think it's actually a really nice everyday palette (and I work in corporate accounting) :). 

I agree with Libellules. The shimmer in TF quads is "grown up" shimmer, not disco shimmer at all. Either quad is ok for daily office/school use IMO.

I agree. I wear Nude Dip often. It is shimmery but it does not even contain the celestial shade which makes it more everyday office appropriate. 

In all honesty, the TF celestial shades are not over the top and I can wear them daily in my conservative office environment.

Spent some time tonight trying to find more info on the fall collection.

Came across these pics of the training session that was held in LA today for the fall collection:

Not sure what products are used, but it looks like the eyebrow powder, and the plum or pink ombre blush. Wonder if the gloss and lipstick pictured is a new one or not.

Wish more people would post the other looks that were done at the training session!

IMG_2493.JPGIMG_2492.JPG

I also came across a picture that a TF SA from Holt Renfrew in Vancouver posted and I can see that she has the new illuminator, an ombre blush, and the new powder foundation. Her name is Sarah...perhaps someone here from Vancouver buys from that TF counter and can ask for swatches, size descriptions, and prices from her? And she was at the LA training session too so perhaps she has pics she would be willing to share of the event with her customers. 

My SA is going on training July 23 so I'm sure she will snap a few pics for me 🙂

IMG_2486.JPG

Really Ree did a post about the fall lipsticks but she only reposted the 2 that she already posted a few weeks ago ( misbehaved and So Vain)

Tom Ford Lip Color So Vain – new
Tom Ford Lip Color Misbehaved – new
Tom Ford Lip Color Warm Sable – existing
Tom Ford Lip Color Flamingo – repromote

Cant wait till she swatches the other set of clucth sized lipsticks! there's more colours that I'm interested in. Really hoping one is Jack...I love him so much that I try to not reach for him as much as I want to.

She also mentions that there will be new lipglosses. I don't have any of his glosses. Anyone have any thoughts on them? any shade recommendations? 

This morning, my Rose Soleil broke near the base while I was applying like usual without putting much pressure at all. I was kinda upset since I've never had a lipstick break on me before, I love this colour, and the white case is pretty. 

Not sure how to fix it 😞 

I don't even have a lipbrush to apply it nor a container to put it in. 

Sorry about your Rose Soleil, Kate!  I have three of the lip glosses and will probably ultimately collect more (though spending that much on a lip gloss KILLS ME even though they are stunning.  Obviously any lipstick is going to outlast a lip gloss and is easier to justify the expenditure but the glosses are amazing).  My first TF gloss was Wet Violet as I wanted something to really complement both Black Orchid and Bruised Plum alongside a product that could hold its own.  It's a lovely, addictive color.  Then I fell in love with Lost Cherry and had to have it.  Out of my many red glosses, this is the best I've ever had and gives such a perfect sexy, wet, shiny look.  Gorgeous on its own and absolutely sings with any lipstick underneath.  Finally, I picked up Naked to match the lighter nudes like Nude Vanille, Vanilla Suede, Blush Nude, etc and finally master the smokey eye+wet-look nude lips combo once and for all (Turkish Delight by NARS being another favorite, but Naked is less pink and much more true beige-nude).  This one is not joking around at all!  Super pigmented and glossy, it works amazingly.

Basic rundown: Every shade I've tried has been mostly-opaque (Wet Violet) and buildable to pretty darn fully opaque (the latter two).  The brushes are nice and small and easy to work with.  The formula itself is definitely not tacky and feels extremely comfortable on lips.  There is a glossy feeling, but it's not overwhelming and is quite hydrating. I'm not much of a gloss person so when I do get them, I'm fairly picky and these three have become my most-used in collection.  These are as lovely as you'd expect TF lip glosses to be, though still wicked pricey.  Most noticeably to me, they do have that magic Tom Ford sophistication.  Just like his shimmers read as sophisticated, his glosses do as well.  Also, they last ages longer than most glosses on me.  I'd be willing to add another.  The colors are somewhat unique takes on classics generally.  To me, they do not have a taste and their smell is not noticeable on the lips, though there is a vanilla-like scent in the tube itself if you take a big whiff 😛  

I wish I didn't like the glosses but I doooo

Hi Kate, sorry to hear about the lipstick! You could try melting/softing where it's broken with a candle or lighter and gently press the pieces together. Leave the lipstick to dry overnight and it will be almost as good as new!

Thank you for the tip--I didn't know that doing so would work. I'll try it this weekend--keeping my fingers crossed!

Have you tried this yourself with good results?

I tried it on a lippy but you have to be very careful or you end up dropping it, nicking it, etc.

Instead of a candle, you can use a blow dryer and then put it in the fridge to cool down more quickly.

If you have a lippy that you don't want, i suggest you break it and use it as a test subject first before you subject your precious tom ford lippy to the process.

Oh those are new minis in her pics?! I thought they were all fall but after reading her last post about the 4 I was confused.

I agree the minis look like colors that are more for me. I can't wait to see swatches of those.

I also hear there will be a set of 3 lispticks for the Nordies anniversary sale in July. Anyone have any more information on that set?

GC emailed me earlier with this: Alexander, Flynn and Giacomo. GC, did I get that right? 

Yup!  They will have a set of trio - Giacamo, Flynn, and Alejandro.

Oh no, sorry to hear that Kate.

testing