Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Yes please MK!

Also, what is the shade most similar to?  Can you also do an arm swatch?  I know...very needy 🙂

Yes I will try to do that at some point today 🙂 It's almost exactly the same as Bite Zin, not sure if you have that one, with the Bite being a little less opaque. I think it is much more muted on me than other berries I have (an everyday kind of color), but I will look through my stash and see if I have any comparison swatches I can do!

MK, I have Bite Zin.  It is a nude on me!

I thought Violine was very purple berry....hmmmm.

Ok here you go, sorry the sun has been kind of shy lately so I missed the sunniest part of today! I tried to get a lip swatch but it looks too washed out to be accurate. It turns out I do have some similar lipsticks (oops lol), but I do not have Zin anymore to compare it to. I just remember that when I layered Zin a bit it ended up being almost exactly the same. Swatches are in natural light:

lip swatches.jpg

lip 2.jpg

L-R: NARS Audrey, NARS Afghan Red, Givenchy Violine Precieux, Marc Jacobs Cabernet.

Audrey is redder, Cabernet is more purpley. Afghan Red is the most similar, but it is a little less muted, and a little more pinky-red. 

Here is a picture with me wearing it a while ago, where it does look a little nude-ish but was kind of washed out. In reality it's a bit more pink/berry:

IMG_7837.JPG

On my lips, it translates as a soft berry color, but it is difficult to capture on camera. I hope my swatches helped somewhat, I'm kind of new to doing them 😉 Let me know if you want other comparisons or whatever!

Oh thx you MK. I thought it was deeper berry 😞 

Np, BK. I think it also really depends on your skintone and natural lip color, if you google swatches it is deeper on some other ladies. 

To all lipstick fanatics, both Electric Pink and Velvet Violet reviews are on Temptalia. Per my rating, I would reverse her rating of those 2 but what do I know 😉 Try them for yourself at least 1 of them 😉

Thanks BK!  I think temptalia described the dupes well.  Violet fatale was just identified as "more shimmery" (but no other comment on colour).  I would describe it as luminosity/sheen myself.

Another note (posting this so I can remind myself);

Bite 004

NARS Audacious - Janet

TF Violet Fatale

They are all cousins.  Velvet Violet is a similar colour but with a completely different finish.  I ought to do arm swatches of all tomorrow...

Can't wait to see!

I love Janet but don't have Violet Fatale (yet!).

You sold me on it! I know I need it now!

It's so ridiculously pretty!  I'm a huge matte fan so I always feel a little guilty pitching mattes because I know not everyone loves them like I do.  But it's just so pretty!

Megan, I just saw your Velvet Violet video.  It is a gorgeous colour on you, I am glad you picked it up!

Some of my own observations:

1.  I think the colour is very much like Violet Fatale (Xavier).  But the matte lipstick seems more evenly opaque.  VF is also pigmented and opaque, but the look is a tad bit different due to the luminous sheen of VF.

2.  You commented that the matte stained your lips just a tad bit.  Violet Fatale stains a LOT!  I typically touch up with lip balm during the day and the colour remains a pretty magenta.  I think the luminous lipsticks have this stain aspect more so than the mattes (once the lipstick itself has worn off).  Plum Lush doesn't leave much of a stain once the lipstcik itself has worn off.  But Cooper (Pure Pink) stains quite a bit.

I might pick up Velvet Violet.  But I will have to wear it when I am able to touch up - but the looks will be a more opaque matte look.  I might stay away from Electric PInk myself.  When I wear mattes, the colour needs to be really rich or dark.  Otherwise it easily looks a bit chalky on me. 

Greenchilli...good points...

I love mattes so try a lot of them.  I agree that the ability to touch up can matter...as the formula...even within a brand, can be patchy.  A little sheen covers flaws better!

I could totally see you in this!  The electric pink scares me a little so that will be a skip for me. I can do brights but only up to a point. And super cool pinks aren't my best.

Now I might need to try Violet Fatale...$50 here...$50 there...

And I still want that blue cream/shadow duo from the summer collection!

Megan, if there is a hint of discontinuing Violet Fatale, I will be hoarding them shamelessly.  $50 X "many".

I don't care for mattes, neither do I care for overly shiny/emollient lipsticks (especially glosses).  I stay right in the middle with creamy, satin, or semi matte.  The TF mattes are part of these new mattes that are a bit creamy and velvety.  I can work with them.

The mattes that I mostly stay away from are the liquid mattes that are so popular these days.  It is just not me.   I find them too flat on the lips and a bit aging on me.  My lips get dry pretty quickly too.   I like some luminosity on the lips.   

That's a really good point..the drying of these liquid mattes...I try them periodically but prefer the "lipstick" version.  I like how velvety the right mattes look. So rich a finish.  Or, they just look dry.

I obviously am also willing to pay up for the right product.  Where it hurts is when I try something that I know I'll never wear.  I really love this one!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sorry for the up-side down pictures again but I think you will get the idea just in case you're wondering. From bright to dark: Electric Pink, Givenchy 205, Velvet Violet. Saks cancelled my order so I don't have Plum Lush but I'd guess Plum Lush is real closed to the Givenchy one. 

I am so torn on Velvet Violet. I don't normally go for bright colors but it looks like it has just the right tone where it wouldn't look toooooo bright and the color is absolutely gorgeous. What to do...what to do...

Sorry couldn't post it on top feed.

I just found Negligee, moroccan rouge lipsticks for $35 and lavender lust eye-shadow quad for $55 in Leesburg premium outlet, Virginia.

I purchased Moroccan rouge and lavender lust quad.

I ordered Moroccan rouge from Nordstrom 1 week back, I will receive it on Tuesday now I return and I vl save $15, I am so happy.

BK, just for you >>>

Top - Tom Ford Plum Lush

Bottom - Givenchy 205

Giv 205-TF Plum Lush.jpg

Givenchy is brighter and has more sheen.  Plum Lush is a bit more muted in colour and has a more matte finish.

Darn it GC. Just give me the illusion of they are dupe so I don't have to hoard the Plum Lush 🙂 lol. I was surprised about the Givenchy 🙂 I like it! I like that mutte tone from Plum Lush. Oh boy!

testing