Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Ha ha, Keepra, Ha ha! We understand!! 😉

I can empathize! I made my first Tom Ford ever purchases this month and dropped even more than this :x. (I made 4 purchases. FOUR). I did end up picking up 2 of the palettes - 1 will be a mother's day gift, as I'm hoping my green eyed mother will love it. Not sure how it is going to work on my brown eyes, but it is LE and I wanted to give it a try at least. What are you eyeing?

So let me recount my tale of woe (i.e. this is what happens when you get a little too click happy)...it's a short story.

I have 2 Pink Glow palettes and 2 Midnight Sea duos on their way to me. Do I want 2? Was I planning on giving the extras as presents???? NO. Simply, no.

I tried to cancel but alas, too late. Yes, I can return the unused ones of course. I hope they don't get thrown in the garbage! Ugh!

And thanks to this thread (and yes I mean you blackkitty2014 and you KateLovesYSL), I also have the Pink Sand cream blush and Rose Soleil lip sheer in transit and Paradiso not far behind. What can I say, those were thrown in just yesterday. If I hadn't kept looking at this stinkin' thread...I'd be rich! LOL!!!

Oh I also wanted to mention that I do like the white packaging and since these will be my first white items, I felt sorta "obligated" to get some lip sheers. And I decided that I am really liking sheer lip colors lately.

And P.S. Kate: I am wishing I picked up that Lavender Lust quad at the CCO. What the heck was I thinking not getting it? Duh!

The white packaging of the compacts looks really luxe, can't wait to get it.

I skipped last year's Unabashed eye/cheek palette and still regret it. I was trying to be good last summer and show some restraint since I bought all the lip sheers that were released. Now where did that get me?  Not anywhere good as it only exacerbated my FOMO even more.

See, so like BK said, it may end up being someone's unicorn. I suggest you offer it up in the unicorn thread in case someone who wants it wasn't able to order it before you return it.  I'm also certain each store will have a  wait list for it so I doubt they would throw it out.

And yes, what the heck WERE you thinking ?! That purple palette would look beautiful on you! See pics attached!

Spoiler
aa2557.JPG
_TF_lavenderlust_inaction.JPG

I know Kate, I'm a total dope for not getting that palette! 😞 And I may take yours and blackkitty's advice and keep my extras for a trade. I just worry that they'd be trashed if I returned them. I can't bear that thought!!

Just my well wishing...they are both limited so if you have the heart to hold on to them, they will be somebody's unicorn pretty soon. We will be poor together but but we will look sooooo beautiful liked that hello kitty remember ? Lol!

Yes, just like Hello kitty...she hasn't aged in 40 yrs! LOL!!

I have Luca from lips and boys and I love it. Does anyone know if any of the summer collection lipsticks are a dupe for it? Maybe sweet spot?

I finally had some time to do the comparison swatches for you with what I have. Sweet Spot isn't a dupe for Luca at all.  You're better off trying Skinny Dip for Luca but in my opinion, Skinny Dip won't have that coral tinge to it nor does it have that frosted finish that Luca has.

Spoiler
All shades swatched twice. First with 2 swipes, then with one swipe.

Under warmer light: 
Left to Right: Sweet Spot (available now), Summer Fling (LE Spring 2014), Luca (LE lips and boys), Pink Dune (LE Spring 2014), William (LE Lips and Boys). 

Pink Dune is supposed to be very similar to the  Skinny Dip shade that is available right now. Skinny Dip is a tad more pink I believe. Raeviewer has a comparison picture of Skinny Dip and Pink Dune on her blog. 

IMG_0893.JPG

Under more blue/white light that is more true to colour.

Left to Right: Sweet Spot (available now), Summer Fling (LE Spring 2014), Luca (LE lips and boys), Pink Dune (LE Spring 2014), William (LE Lips and Boys).

IMG_0894.JPG

IMG_0897.JPG

Left to Right: Sweet Spot , Summer Fling, Luca
IMG_0899.JPG

Left to Right: Luca,  Pink Dune , William.
Temptalia says that William and Luca are dupes for Skinny Dip but I don't think that's the case at all. 
IMG_0900.JPG

Here's Raeviewer's comparison of Pink Dune to Skinny Dip. Temptalia says that Pink Dune is a dupe for Luca (google her comparison pics for Luca) and since Skinny Dip and Pink Dune are similar, it may be close enough for you.
TomFordSummer2015Swatches.png

This is super useful Kate. As much I love hoarding them, I will try to stay strong for the 2 new mattes 😉

Temptalia says that Luca and William are dupes for Skinny Dip. She has side by side comparison pics too. 

If you have pink dune from last spring, that might be a dupe too.

Thanks Kate! I will check out that post. I have Luca and William. They are very different from one another on me.

They are both different on me too so I don't know how reliable her dupe list is. 

Sweetspot is more orange so if that's what you like about Luca, maybe try that one. Sweet spot and William together may look like Luca 🙂 

I'll try to swatch that combo for you tonight.

Anonymous Insider

As already mentioned, the collection went live at Selfridges last Monday, and yesterday it was joined by Nude Dip. BUT no pink sand blush yet, and I really, really want this ... maybe I'll call them ... maybe I'll try Harrod and Harvey Nichols ... I was so good not buying the eye and cheek palette, I feel cheated they don't have the blusher 😞

Ballerinagrl, it's up on Selfridges now !!!! Yay for you!

ETA: The whole collection is back up on Selfridges (some of the duos were sold out earlier)

Anonymous Insider

Thank you! I may not have thought to check several times in a couple of hours if you hadn't tipped me off - I have it now 🙂

Here's another comparison pic of Softcore (top) with the blushes from the Pink Glow eye cheek palette. Pic found on Specktra posted by mkoparanova

350x700px-LL-3d36b622_20150426_155151.jpeg

Here's rose soleil on her lips:

350x700px-LL-18b7a512_20150426_160718.jpeg

I found a really really great blog that gives a review of  many of the items from the Summer Collection.

It can be found at  TheEdgyBrunette dot com. She does a lot of comparison pictures. Read the blog to get her opinions on the items. All pics from TheEdgyBrunette dot com. For reference she uses Nars All Day Weightless foundation in Stromboli.

L to R: Here is Golden Peach (cream, powder, layered), the next two swatches are of the Golden peach powder compared to the celestial powder shade in Golden Mink which is similar but a bit darker. But a good option if you already have Pink Haze cream shadow and happen to also have Golden Mink palette.

Tfsummer9.jpg

Left to right: Here's Nars Orgasm Multiple  (first two swatches, heavy and blended) compared to the Pink Sand cream blush (last two swatches, heavy and blended). The cream blush is more pink than Nars Orgasm. 

TFsummer5.jpg

She also has swatches to compare the eye shadows from the eye cheek palette to Charlotte Tilbury's Vintage Vamp:

tfsummer17.jpg

First 4 shades are Charoltte Tilbury Vintage Vamp, the last 3 are from the TF Pink Glow palette. Similar but not quite the same. I love the sheen that the TF shadows have more than the CT.

Tfsummer18.jpg

And some were worried about the darker blush looking like Softcore from the fall collection. So it doesn't look like it at all.

L to R: Tom Ford Softcore, Tom Ford Pink Glow Darker blush, Tom Ford Wicked, Tom Ford Softcore and Wicked layered.

So Softcore and Wicked blended together look a bit similar to the darker blush from the eye/cheek palette but without the sheen and a bit less bright.

tfsummer20.jpg

This is the LOTD from the blogger (pic found on Instagram). The eyes and cheeks are both from the pinkglow eye and cheek palette (used all 3 shades with the darkest shade buffed out a lot ). Underneath the eyes she uses the light blush colour.  Lips are rosesoleil with macspice.

I think she looks gorgeous and hope to recreate this look when I get my stuff!! 

11142351_1645090055711995_1930329127_n.jpg

Yay!  Thanks for posting all the swatches, Kate.  Now I'm even more excited because I got my shipping email from Nordstrom finally.  Golden Peach and Naked Bronze are on their way to me!! So excited to get them and play!!

Anonymous Insider

The more I see ANY of this line...the more I want all of it. Does Saks offer a discount on TF items at all?

9 Replies
testing