Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

"As for Negligee … what if you needed it for a costume party!"

hahaha!!!

Anonymous Insider

Wow - on you it looks classy and glamorous; on me it looks gothic, though rather less so than bruised plum at least ...

I am sure it looks great on you!  Do you still own it?  It is very warm here already, so this will stay put away for several months until next Fall/Winter.

Anonymous Insider

I do still own it, but get a lot of negative comments if I ever wear it. I gifted Bruised Plum to semi-goth daughter! 😉

I'm all jelly over here 🙂 you can wear any shade any formula and still looks liked a model 🙂

blackkitty, you are very sweet. 

There are tons of formulas and colours I don't wear...lest I scare the chirruns.  🙂

Great shade on you!

Ooo, very pretty on you!!

Thanks Anne and MK.  I never owned any TF when this was first released.  So I ordered it when I read someone post on BT that it was available again (I think it was skintester - my friendly enabler).

Both shades look great on you!

Skintester was talking about a shade called Black Orchid that was very popular but discontinued. The one that you bought and are wearing above (I also bought it) is Black Dahlia which is one of the LE matte ones that came out last fall. I don't have Black Orchid and wanted to order it when I heard it was available for pre-order. Then I heard about NM cancelling all orders for it. I think they mixed up something because I asked my SA and she said that Black Orchid nail polish was coming back but didn't hear anything about Black Orchid lipstick.

I think all 3 shades look pretty similar enough but I'll still get Black Orchid if it is ever repromoted! lol

*SWATCH1.JPG

Happy to enable, greenchilli the lipstick model 🙂 Black Orchid has been my lippy unicorn ever since Andy shared those beautiful IG photos of a model wearing it and Lisa Eldridge put up a tutorial on the many ways it could be worn. Quite annoyed at Neiman for giving false hope that Black Orchid is back. I know there are several dupes for it but still ... blergh. I wantz ze pretty just coz. Black Dahlia is close, however it's matte and I prefer satin. I have the same experience that you had with Bruised Plum. It pulls brown on me, too. The search continues. 

skintester, I think Mary Greenwell used Black Orchid or Black Dahlia in a video on Eldridge's channel too.  No?

Pure Pink is now at Nordies too.  I have these in the L&B (Cooper), but I want a full size to leave at home and the L&B to travel.  So guess who will now acquire Pure PInk...sigh.

Anonymous Insider

image.jpg

I wore Black Orchid out a few weeks ago. I have Black Dahlia as well but I haven't gotten around to wearing it. I hope this pic of it modeled helps?

Sweet!

Holy smokes, you should wear that every day of your life. It's so gorgeous on you.

Anonymous Insider

Thank you! This and Givenchy Le Rouge Grenat Initie are the only two lipsticks I have ever completely used up! It is my favorite dark vamp lip!

You look gorgeous! Now I want this shade even more. lol

Anonymous Insider

Okay so my theory is that if you layer Black Dahlia under Bruised Plum you will get the same look. Black Dahlia has the depth of Black Orchid but Bruised Plum has the sheen. In addition they have very similar undertones (bruised plum and black orchid) so i think they will layer very well. I know it's a bit of a hassle but I suspect it would work. I have to go into the "hoard drawer" of lipsticks waiting to be trialed to locate my Black Dahlia to support my theory...... 

Very pretty 🙂

Anonymous Insider

Wow. What a fiercely beautiful lip! 🙂

I remember reading skintester's Black Orchid update too.  I thought if it came to Nordies I would get it.  The shade is very similar to Black Dahlia, although Bruised Plum pulls much more brown on me.

7 Replies
testing