Available Now at Neiman Marcus: 

Holiday Soliel Palette: Violet Argente

Orchid Soliel Collection:

Spoiler
Available on Tom Ford Direct: 
1 lipstick: Orchid Soleil
1 Highlighter: Nightbloom- Soliel

Re: Tom Ford Updates

I saw it in white packaging - so I thought it was an old shade.  But I also wondered why I couldn't find any swatches.  Some pictures show it as a deep colour.  Well...I might have something to trade away in a few days 🙂

The white packaging is usually used for the spring and summer releases (well, it was last year and this year too)

I am sure you'll find someone here who will want it 🙂

Too bad I'm in Canada--I actually like Ian  so Skinny Dip was on my radar.

Can anyone share their experience with the TF Fire Lust Illuminator and the Unabashed palette? Tempted to buy Fire Lust while it's still at NM and Nordstrom. If the Unabashed palette is really good I'm willing to hunt it down 🙂

I have Fire Lust and have only used it one time. Like MrsBaine said on darker skin it's pretty subtle. I mixed it with my foundation on my wedding day and I honestly don't know that I looked any different. They airbrushed me to death anyway so it probably wasn't even necessary. LOL

Anonymous Insider

I think its personal pref - I picked up the unabashed palette on eBay for $83 without the box, but it was originally $95 when it was sold so that was a win. I was sucked in on the large white packaging alone. Now that I have it I really enjoy it. If your thinking its a blush and a bronzer it is not - its more like two blushes. If you have light to medium skin tone the, what looks like a bronzer shade will be a nice blush a lot like worldly wealth from Mac - and the coral blush is amazing. Especially if you don't have a lot of TF this compact is a great way to try it. If you have a deeper skin tone then the bronzer like shade will be more of a highlight. The eyeshadow shades are beautiful. The blue is extremely pigmented and works great as a liner. The gray shade can actually be used to contour with depending on your skill level and skin tone. The glitter shade is a straight glitter shade with very sheer pigmentation but extreme sparkle. I really like to wear this palette with the grey shade in the crease and the glitter all over the lid. I don't own Fire Lust but from what I hear - the bronzer type shade in the palette is said to be a powder form of Fire Lust, so it looks very similar on the skin....I hope that helps I can always post some swatches too. I think its a great value as well, but I would ask yourself if you see yourself using it!!

I have Firelust. It's probably not for me; I think it looks amazing on lighter skin. It gives a bit of a pink glow, but I'm not sure it's enough glow to repurchase. I get the same effect with HG Mood Exposure and Becca Rose Gold. 

Thanks for the info, mrsbaine! I'm trying to recreate the light glow from Guerlain Baby Glow without the strong fragrance, so I'm looking for a liquid highlighter to mix with foundation. I tried the NARS illuminators (orgasm and superorgasm) but they were too glittery for me. Firelust might work, and I'll try Becca too (haven't tried anything from that brand).

Take a look at Gorgio Armani and maybe YSL sells their Dare to Glow liquid illuminator still. 

skintester,

I have the mini tube of Becca Shimmering skin perfector in Opal that I purchased 2-3 months ago.  I use a tad bit on top of my cheekbone and I quite like it.  I have never used it all over by mixing in with foundation, I doubt I will.  It will last me forever though. 

I just got some Guerlain Meteorites that I am testing (thanks to lovely Diva).  I used to own the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette but couldn't really feel much of a difference on me, so I found it a loving new home. 

I do have oily combo skin, so I shy away from illuminating any more than I need to 🙂

Thanks greenchilli! Now I'm really curious about Becca, Still kicking myself that I missed the holiday sampler trio. I have the HG ALP too and much as I love it, it's too fragile to travel with, so I'm hoping a liquid illuminator that I can decant for short trips would be better. I'll check out Becca and get a sample this week.

If you are looking for an all over illuminator to mix with foundation, I have read some good reviews on blogs about Revlon Photo ready illuminators (?).  I have never tested it, so I have no idea.  Most seem to be mixing it with their foundation.  But if you are willing to test out an inexpensive drug store option, you might give that a go.

I wondered too if I should try the Becca mini trio, but I thought Moonstone would be too light on my skintone, so I gave that a pass.  Then I saw the $10 mini tube of Opal and got that on a lark.  I will be 50 and using the same tube, I no lie. 

P.S:  Ulta has the holiday sampler trio for the longest time.  You might want to see if they still do.

Ulta ran out of it too 😞 I haven't heard of Revlon illuminators. Another new thing on my list to try! Thanks!

The baby glow has a peach tone to it and the Revlon is basically white/almost sheer.  But the glow is actually similar, with the Guerlain being a little more luminous but not so much.  I have Baby Glow in Clair and Revlon in 001 but it might work.  But I'd warm the Revlon up a little since it doesn't have that peach thing.

I would've stuck with Baby Glow if Guerlain toned down the fragrance. It was strong enough to make me cough hahaha!

I'm still struggling with my flu and in a bad mood...but I wanted to report back on my Jade duo.  I'll get my act together and do a more detailed review but for now...

The colors are just gorgeous but I do find the formula a little tougher than the other TF shadow (yes, one) I have (I'm super new to the brand but trying to learn).  It doesn't wear as well and the darker shade swatches better than it applies.  The lighter shade is a little powdery but applies and blends beautifully.  And to get the really amazing transformative color effect using the two shades together I need to use more of the lighter shade than I expected but when I do it's magic.

So while that might sound critical it isn't.  This duo is so fun, there is a learning curve, but it's very unusual and a total hit.  Just lovely.  A really smoky and eye opening look.

I just need to play with it (with normal and not swollen red eyes) to create the best looks.

Megan I have had the exact same experience with the Indigo duo. Definitely a different quality than say, the Nude Dip quad. I am new to TF also and have only 2 quads and now this duo. I do like the colors a lot and then mixing the two colors gives you such a beautiful and unique third color. So it's really a trio. I've tried them both wet and dry and think I like them better dry. They were too patchy when wet. I found that after applying the two shades I just blend really well with the brush I used for the lighter one but not adding any add'l shadow) and that helped. However, my other two quads are easier to work with. Still...have I contemplated getting another of the duos? Of course! But I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm thinking I may not since I've just gotten some beautiful greens and plums from other brands. And I've been taking stock of things and well...to say I have too much is like finally admitting I need to use up and/or pass on what I have.

Thanks for the input…sounds like we're all finding the same thing with these quads!  Pretty shades and they still work beautifully.  I have not tried them wet….I might do that today.

Admitting I need to use what I have…hm…I'll consider that.  Maybe we can have a pact (if we think we can possibly keep it).

Ha ha...keep a pact like that?! What would we LIVE for??!! LOL!

I thought it was just me when I first got it. The quality is certainly a bit different than the quads. Of course, cause I'm an addict, I still bought all three, but I wasn't as into the quality like I was with the other releases.

See I needed real feedback from a real expert on TF!!!  The color transforming effect is so lovely and they're still beautiful!  Thanks for confirming.

Today and tomorrow are bad days for me to play with makeup. I couldn't help but post a quick test on TF Crushed Indigo. It is supposedly to be the worst performer of the bunch. Just liked CML and our lovely mrsbaine posted earlier, the formula requires a bit more work than usual TF eyeshadows. However, beauties, I'm happy to report that the color is gorgeous on when layer. This is the look of wet of 2 lays of each. Pls excuse my elementary eyeshadow skills

Spoiler
image.jpgimage.jpg
2 Replies
testing