Tom Ford Updates

Hey Beauties- We have ALOT of threads around here for Tom Ford products. I figured I'd start one thread where we can update each other on items as they come out or we see them available. 

For all my UK'ers, or people willing to pay for shipping from the UK, Harrods has Softcore and Nude Dip from the Fall collection available right now. Happy Shopping! 

Re: Tom Ford Updates

Take a look at Gorgio Armani and maybe YSL sells their Dare to Glow liquid illuminator still. 

skintester,

I have the mini tube of Becca Shimmering skin perfector in Opal that I purchased 2-3 months ago.  I use a tad bit on top of my cheekbone and I quite like it.  I have never used it all over by mixing in with foundation, I doubt I will.  It will last me forever though. 

I just got some Guerlain Meteorites that I am testing (thanks to lovely Diva).  I used to own the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette but couldn't really feel much of a difference on me, so I found it a loving new home. 

I do have oily combo skin, so I shy away from illuminating any more than I need to :-)

Thanks greenchilli! Now I'm really curious about Becca, Still kicking myself that I missed the holiday sampler trio. I have the HG ALP too and much as I love it, it's too fragile to travel with, so I'm hoping a liquid illuminator that I can decant for short trips would be better. I'll check out Becca and get a sample this week.

If you are looking for an all over illuminator to mix with foundation, I have read some good reviews on blogs about Revlon Photo ready illuminators (?).  I have never tested it, so I have no idea.  Most seem to be mixing it with their foundation.  But if you are willing to test out an inexpensive drug store option, you might give that a go.

I wondered too if I should try the Becca mini trio, but I thought Moonstone would be too light on my skintone, so I gave that a pass.  Then I saw the $10 mini tube of Opal and got that on a lark.  I will be 50 and using the same tube, I no lie. 

P.S:  Ulta has the holiday sampler trio for the longest time.  You might want to see if they still do.

Ulta ran out of it too Smiley Sad I haven't heard of Revlon illuminators. Another new thing on my list to try! Thanks!

The baby glow has a peach tone to it and the Revlon is basically white/almost sheer.  But the glow is actually similar, with the Guerlain being a little more luminous but not so much.  I have Baby Glow in Clair and Revlon in 001 but it might work.  But I'd warm the Revlon up a little since it doesn't have that peach thing.

(0) Hearts

I would've stuck with Baby Glow if Guerlain toned down the fragrance. It was strong enough to make me cough hahaha!

I'm still struggling with my flu and in a bad mood...but I wanted to report back on my Jade duo.  I'll get my act together and do a more detailed review but for now...

The colors are just gorgeous but I do find the formula a little tougher than the other TF shadow (yes, one) I have (I'm super new to the brand but trying to learn).  It doesn't wear as well and the darker shade swatches better than it applies.  The lighter shade is a little powdery but applies and blends beautifully.  And to get the really amazing transformative color effect using the two shades together I need to use more of the lighter shade than I expected but when I do it's magic.

So while that might sound critical it isn't.  This duo is so fun, there is a learning curve, but it's very unusual and a total hit.  Just lovely.  A really smoky and eye opening look.

I just need to play with it (with normal and not swollen red eyes) to create the best looks.

Megan I have had the exact same experience with the Indigo duo. Definitely a different quality than say, the Nude Dip quad. I am new to TF also and have only 2 quads and now this duo. I do like the colors a lot and then mixing the two colors gives you such a beautiful and unique third color. So it's really a trio. I've tried them both wet and dry and think I like them better dry. They were too patchy when wet. I found that after applying the two shades I just blend really well with the brush I used for the lighter one but not adding any add'l shadow) and that helped. However, my other two quads are easier to work with. Still...have I contemplated getting another of the duos? Of course! But I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm thinking I may not since I've just gotten some beautiful greens and plums from other brands. And I've been taking stock of things and well...to say I have too much is like finally admitting I need to use up and/or pass on what I have.

Thanks for the input…sounds like we're all finding the same thing with these quads!  Pretty shades and they still work beautifully.  I have not tried them wet….I might do that today.

Admitting I need to use what I have…hm…I'll consider that.  Maybe we can have a pact (if we think we can possibly keep it).

(0) Hearts

Ha ha...keep a pact like that?! What would we LIVE for??!! LOL!

I thought it was just me when I first got it. The quality is certainly a bit different than the quads. Of course, cause I'm an addict, I still bought all three, but I wasn't as into the quality like I was with the other releases.

See I needed real feedback from a real expert on TF!!!  The color transforming effect is so lovely and they're still beautiful!  Thanks for confirming.

Today and tomorrow are bad days for me to play with makeup. I couldn't help but post a quick test on TF Crushed Indigo. It is supposedly to be the worst performer of the bunch. Just liked CML and our lovely mrsbaine posted earlier, the formula requires a bit more work than usual TF eyeshadows. However, beauties, I'm happy to report that the color is gorgeous on when layer. This is the look of wet of 2 lays of each. Pls excuse my elementary eyeshadow skills

Spoiler
image.jpgimage.jpg

It looks great on you!!

Thx beautiful Smiley Happy

Very pretty blackkitty!

Thx! I wish I have better skill. I'm really impress with how pretty the color is Smiley Happy

I love how vibrant it is on you! 

When you have time, would it be possible to see swatches of the other ones you bought? 

And also maybe of the dark shade from Crushed indigo with the opaline shade from Ripe Plum? I'm dying to see how vibrant that purple can get.

[ Edited ]

It is really gorgeous. My photography skills are also elementary Smiley Wink I wish I can capture the color better. I will try to test out the other two soon but I'm not sure how soon since we are traveling tomorrow Smiley Wink I have the feeling you will love them as much as I do. Thx for all the earlier posts Smiley Happy

That color looks beautiful! I should be getting mine either today or tomorrow. I'm most looking forward to layering it with the plum color which will turn it into a beautiful purple. We'll see how it goes. I do like it though.