annypoo

Tom Ford 2014 Fall Collection

[ Edited ]

Has anyone seen the Tom Ford 2014 fall collection? I saw it on Temptalia. I love neutrals so I'm def eyeing the palette. It says available August but I'm not sure exact dates. 

fall2014_tomford002.jpg

fall2014_tomford004.jpg

fall2014_tomford005.jpg

fall2014_tomford006.jpg

fall2014_tomford007.jpg

fall2014_tomford008.jpg

fall2014_tomford009.jpg

talinder

Re: Tom Ford 2014 Fall Collection

Am I the only one? I like to search images of products I'm stalking. Over the last week I have been searching for Nude Dip and I am getting some of the most lewd images. I'm not a prude, but Tom Ford marketing images can be quite disgusting and are turning me off from the brand. I'm kind of hoping they're fake images (created by consumers and not the brand) so I can feel more comfortable with my purchases.

In other news. Is anyone looking for Softcore? Apparently I forgot an order or one of my wait lists came through, but I've got extra now. I don't want to return it unused since it will likely be destroyed. I may have an extra Nude Dip as well. I'll update in the new Swap thread.

jcmb

Out of curiosity I googled Tom Ford nude dip and while I didn't particularly notice any lewd marketing images for the nude dip eye quad (mind you I was not thorough), I did see A LOT of models sans clothes, advertising his products. And there was one in particular that showed Tom sniffing fragrances next to a model with the fragrance strips sticking out of somewhere they should not be. (Hopefully I am not being too graphic here.) That was disturbing and I hope it is not his or his marketing dept's creation. I have seen the large promo poster in a Sephora store for the Neroli fragrance and so I know that Tom uses naked people in his ads. Ok, I get it, it's "artistic" but sometimes you can overdo it and sometimes, yes, it is just plain LEWD.

talinder

[ Edited ]

The ads weren't for the eye shadow. They were usually for his fragrances. I'm not sure why they appeared in Google results. I saw one last night that was just disgusting. Spreading a guy's cheeks and putting perfume there to block the view is so unnecessary.

I'm not incensed at the situation b/c I realize one of the words I'm searching for could result in nekkids. It's just shocking to see. I'd at least think they'd be classy, not crass.

jcmb

(0) Hearts

I agree. The internet, like most things (esp. technology) is full of delight and disgust.

eadelaide1

(0) Hearts

I just expect the hyper-sexualization in Tom Ford's advertising... that overtly sexy look is kind of his "thing".

sace021

(0) Hearts

I didn't see any offensive Nude Dip advertising either.  If you've stumbled across other Tom Ford advertising with models sans clothes, I remember him saying something in an interview once about how its easy to get clothes wrong but it's hard to get naked wrong.  I don't think he is trying to be offensive but rather views the human body as artistic as jcmb said.  

jcmb

(0) Hearts

But what about when he is advertising his clothes? LOL! I really don't know much about all his stuff but it was really only that one fragrance image that was in the realm of yucky, yucky. Sometimes I think ignorance is bliss (to a certain degree, of course).

sace021

(0) Hearts

LOL, jcmb.  Well, he's Tom Ford...I guess that means he gets clothes right!  But all kidding aside, I think his clothing is beautiful, it is just advertised less since it is such a high price point.  His clothes that are worn at red carpet events are always the most stand out pieces to me.

redwagon44

(0) Hearts

is softcore the berry or the orange toned one?

carrieloulou

(0) Hearts

Softcore is more berry...a warm berry. 

gingaaa

Something is wrong with me.  I took the plunge and purchased my first TF lipstick in Negligee and don't love it.  The formula is wonderful, but the color has too much of a mauve undertone and I feel boring when I wear it.  I was hoping for a MLBB.  Feeling like I have Pabst Blue Ribbon taste in lipstick. 

carrieloulou

(0) Hearts

I don't love it either.  It's a little too warm for me.  

jcmb

(0) Hearts

I'm sorry to hear that you don't love it! Esp. for the price! :smileysad:

carrieloulou

(0) Hearts

So, I tried it again last night...but paired it with the Softcore cheek duo.  It pairs beautifully! 

jcmb

(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I've been showing incredible self-control by not backing up Negligee. It's perfect...

dziggi

(0) Hearts

... Wow, so I've got kind of a rant with TF's site. I had placed an order for both the duos and the quad when they were available and they hadn't shipped out yet. The money had been deducted from my bank account but when I called they said my order was cancelled because the CVS # didn't match. Unnhuu, it didn't match yet my account was deducted. Pretty bummed I missed the collection. I was really excited about the quad! It was going to be my fist TF eyeshadow purchase. I guess it wasn't meant to be. :smileysad: At least I can drool over all of your haul pictures.

jcmb

The more that I admire the Negligee lipstick, the more I want to put the whole look together: eyes, cheeks and lips. I may have to actually touch the quad and duo...

Speaking of back ups, I'm not seeing anyone online that has nude dip. You'd have to call around to the stores. But both cheek duos and the lipsticks are available online for now. But I just checked my lottery ticket and it's a loser. So no extras for me! :smileysad:

blackkitty2014

(0) Hearts

lol you're so funny. His holiday collection will come out next month. If you love lippies, you will love the collection. Lots of new matte lippies. :smileywink: 

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

I'm obsessed with Nude Dip to the point that I'm considering trying to buy a backup.  It's so nice I'm scared to use it too much haha!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 164 replies
  • 165 hearts
  • 42 in conversation
    • eadelaide1
    • michelleshops
    • emmaclaire
    • mpas
    • sace021
    • ChicDabbler