sephoralovex

Tinted Moisturizer for Summer!?

[ Edited ]

I'm on the hunt for a tinted moisturizer on Sephora. My all time favorite was from the Sephora brand years ago but they discontinued it. Im currently looking at the LM Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20.. I was wondering if anyone has tried it and how the coverage is like? Also, Im not sure what shade I'd be. I'm about an NC20/25 in MAC liquid foundation and Im looking at the Nude shade since porcelain seems like it would be too light.

wingatprsct

Re: Tinted Moisturizer for Summer!?

I use the LM TM in Nude in the oil-free version.  It was a little dark for me this winter, but my skin is drier in the winter and I use BB creams then.  Now that I am getting a little sun and the temperatures are rising, I have started to wear my TM some.  LM is light coverage, but that's what I am looking for on hot summer days at the pool or ballpark when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup.  I use a mineral setting powder (Korres) to give it a nice matte finish.  Nude is just a little dark for me now, but I know it 2 more weeks it will be a perfect match.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I personally love the Bobbi Brown Oil-Free TM in Alabaster.  It's clean, long-wearing, and evens like a foundation.

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Thanks everyone! I just ordered the LM tinted moisturizer :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Honestly, the best tinted mtzr I've ever used is by Aveda.  It's their "Inner Light" product, and it's unbelievable!  Very lightweight. Cruelty-free, too!

Spyski

I've tried the LM and the Nars. Both are very similar, yet the LM is geared more toward dry skin whereas Nars toward combo/oily. Since you said you had combo/dry in the last post, I would go with the LM. I would go with nude as well. I tried sand and I was a NC25 going on NC30 at the time. Although I like the beachy smell to the Nars one more whereas the LM has little to no scent. Also, keep in mind the LM one is a tad more sheer than its competitor, Nars.

ChicDabbler

Oh I have LM in nude and am planning to try NARS. LM in nude is a tiiiiny bit dark in the winter, what shade would you suggest for NARS?

Hmm, I thought LM have pretty good coverage. TM usually have light coverage, LM is light/med. If you want heavier coverage but not the heavy feel of foundation, then maybe try a BB cream.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

I use the shade Alaska in the Nars TM, however their shades run a bit dark and have more of a yellow tone to them. The description on Sephora is spot on and I'm pretty sure Nars introduced new shades that feature more pink tones as of early 2013. 

The LM did have good coverage for a TM, but I personally preferred the Nars since it evened out my skin discoloration more and the smell is yummy, but goes away when you put it on.

LolaVal

(0) Hearts

Like beautytester, I've been using LM in nude.   I use the oil-free version since I'm afraid the other one might break me out.  This has been my HG tinted moisturizer for the past 3 years- good coverage, doesn't break me out, looks natural.  Although I do agree with beautytester that nude is just a touch dark for the winter for me.  

I've never tried NARS TM before but I will ask for a sample the next time I'm in sephora.

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the help :smileyhappy:

dianabt

Hello!

I really like the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer- the SPF 20 is great for the outdoor UVA/UVB rays and I think Nude would be a great color for you to match. The coverage is sheer but evens out the skin tone and is a bit more moisturizing which is helpful if you have more dry skin!

I also like the Too Faced BB Creams which are JUST enough coverage and have a beautiful radiant finish, are oil free and have spf too!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • sephoralovex
    • dianabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • ChicDabbler
    • starletta8