cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

The Highlight Challenge

Highilght Image.jpg

Not to generalize, but I think it's fair to say a lot of us on BeautyTalk have a slight obsession when it comes to highlighter. For me, my highlight is the finishing touch before running out the door. Some days I aim for a natural look and other days I want to look like a glistening unicorn and I know I'm not alone. Many of us have a lot of love for each of our highlighters so it's time to show them off! 

Now, onto the challenge: From March 13th- April 14th let's give our highlighters some love each day by sharing details in this thread. I encourage you to get creative and be experimental with your product and technique. There are many highlight formats (liquid, powder, balms, etc.) and you can play around with the intensity of your highlight as well. Share as much or as little as you'd like, including pictures, swatches, products, tools and your favorite tips. 

Can't wait to see your lustrous highlight looks!

Re: The Highlight Challenge

@fatimamummy Thank you! I now own Lovecraft in both formulas because I love the color so much 🙂

OMG!  This highlight looks soooo pretty!  

Also, what lipstick are you wearing?  @gonerogue

@Tamara76 It is KVD Lovecraft but the liquid lip version, not the creme lipstick version. I got it during her most recent sale 😉

THANK YOU! It was a struggle trying to find lighting good enough to photograph my highlight today. It is gloomy out so I couldn't take a picture outside but the bathroom light seemed to work ok lol

Oh!  Lovecraft is one of my favorite colors!  No wonder I liked it so much!  Thanks!  @gonerogue 💗

My glowy no-makeup makeup. Can't get a minute alone to take a selfie without my little devils kiddos.

Spoiler
1489810158164.jpeg

Illuminating products used:

Spoiler
Joe Fresh Illuminating Primer in Pure Glow. It's like a hybrid of MAC Strobe Cream and Becca SSP liquid in Pearl. I mixed it in with my foundation. Guerlain Meteorites in 2 Clair. I removed all the super sparkly white balls from my tin, to lower the glitter factor. KVD Metal Crush eyeshadow in Thunderstruck as my cheek/brow highlight.
1489862230344.jpeg

I love the glow on you! So natural and pretty- like 'who me, wearing highlight? Get outta here' 😄

Yassss what are kiddos for lol 😄 They have to stalk their mommies ❤️

LOL @jesscheems Totally shy-girl highlight. I should have taken a photo the other day when I was playing with my Alchemy palette for the first time. I was a riot of colour! I'm admittedly very late to the bandwagon on highlighters, and my 40+ skin makes me cautious in application. 

@Beadshopgirl Your skin is amazing. Pack that highlight on 😄 😛 You look amazing. Aren't you like 20 😉

@jesscheems You're totally my favourite person right now. 😍 20. LOL!

@Beadshopgirl you're so cute! i love the subtle glow you have going on. i like thunderstruck as a highlight  too!

Thank you @unfungirl! YouTube made me buy that KVD. 😉

youtube and instagram made me buy all the things too @Beadshopgirl 🙂

I know what you mean @Beadshopgirl Washroom is The only place I can take a solo selfie when kids are home 😁 Your glow is stuning though.

Thank you @fatimamummy!  I thought I was safe since they were watching a video, but they definitely wanted to be in the picture, and were very disappointed with my stickering over their faces!

@Beadshopgirl Your kids are adorable! They just want to join in on the highlight fun lol 🙂

Lol! @gonerogue They're a handful for sure!

What a gorgeous, fresh look!  ❤️  @Beadshopgirl

Thank you, @Tamara76

Working up my highlighting game slowly. 😄 

Tom Ford's Afternooner highlight on my cheeks, nose, under and top of my eyebrows.

IMG_20170318_084816.jpg

@angelKiss24 I absolutely love your picture!! I am just beginning to embrace highlight and have been looking for ones that looks more like natural, glowy/dewy healthy skin rather than something more intense (nothing wrong with that, just my personal preference!) and I feel like your skin just looks so naturally dewy, I am definitely going to have to give this Tom Ford highlighter a whirl!

Also, P.s you are gorgeous!!! and i *love* whatever is on your lips, the colour is so beautiful

oh man this is so pretty @angelKiss24! that sparkly eyeliner is amazing, and your skin looks flawless and glowy.

987 Replies
testing