cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

The Highlight Challenge

Highilght Image.jpg

Not to generalize, but I think it's fair to say a lot of us on BeautyTalk have a slight obsession when it comes to highlighter. For me, my highlight is the finishing touch before running out the door. Some days I aim for a natural look and other days I want to look like a glistening unicorn and I know I'm not alone. Many of us have a lot of love for each of our highlighters so it's time to show them off! 

Now, onto the challenge: From March 13th- April 14th let's give our highlighters some love each day by sharing details in this thread. I encourage you to get creative and be experimental with your product and technique. There are many highlight formats (liquid, powder, balms, etc.) and you can play around with the intensity of your highlight as well. Share as much or as little as you'd like, including pictures, swatches, products, tools and your favorite tips. 

Can't wait to see your lustrous highlight looks!

Re: The Highlight Challenge

@Anonymous I have been curious about the BB shimmer bricks for ages! Such a gorgeous glow 🙂 

Wow!  This look is sooooo beautiful!  Yay to hand me downs from mom, too!  💗💗💗.  @Anonymous

@Anonymous It looks really pretty! Your skin is luminous. 

Trying out the CoverFX enhancing drops in Moonlight that I got as a sample.  I don't usually care for liquid highlighters and at first I didn't think I liked it.  But then I caught a glimpse of it in natural light and wow...its such a pure, glowy sheen without even a hint of sparkle/glitter.  New favorite 🙂  Its holding up pretty well even though I don't use primer or foundation.

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

@Madeline7 I love your look and agree, the CoverFX highlight is pretty incredible 🙂 

So pretty and Natural looking 🙂

Your skin looks fantastic! I love how pretty and glowy this look is!

Very pretty!!! @Madeline7

Monday- Tom Ford sheer highlighting duo reflects gilt,the top shade.

IMG_2572.JPG
Tuesday-Tom Ford soleil  eye and cheek palette cool.

IMG_2577.JPG

Very pretty!  💗💗💗@Seymore3

Love how your blush & highlighter are blended. 

Great choices @Seymore3! They both look lovely on you. What lip color are you wearing in the bottom photo? It's such a pretty pink 🙂 

@trishavtIt is the left shade in the Tom Ford shade and illuminate lips in the shade possession.

Thank you 🙂

Played around with the NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminating Powder in Twilight Tint the other day and it is beautiful! I used it cheek to temple, the inner corner of my eye and lower lash line. In photos the cheek highlight looks fairly white, but IRL its a bit more blue. It is quite pigmented and transferred really well to my face with a brush- no fallout and didn't get spread to far around. I'm excited to try more NYX Duo Chromatics

FullSizeRender.jpg

Makeup lesson learned for next time: With blue shadow and blue highlight, go peachy and lighter than normal with concealer..the blue really brings out those under eye bags!

One more that shows a bit more blue

Spoiler
FullSizeRender 3.jpg

@playingdressup. This is such a lovely look!  Your glow is fabulous and your eye look is stunning!  💋💋💋

I have 2 of the NYX Duo Chromatic powders and I am super impressed, too!  

Thank you @Tamara76! I can't wait to try out the other NYX powders. I love finding a good drugstore product.

@playingdressup i love this!! you always impress me with your fun eyeshadow looks- you have skills! the highlight is gorgeous as well, your skin looks flawless!

Thank you so much @unfungirl ! Eyeshadows are definitely my biggest makeup love to play around with, although highlighters are up there too! 

@playingdressup   I am usually pretty boring when it comes to eyeshadow but I am slowly trying new things and easing into color! I am definitely drying inspiration from the looks that you do 🙂

I know the focus of this thread is highlighters but that blue smokey eye is GORGEOUS @playingdressup  Completely agree that the bold eye amps up the highlighter!

987 Replies
testing