cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

The Highlight Challenge

Highilght Image.jpg

Not to generalize, but I think it's fair to say a lot of us on BeautyTalk have a slight obsession when it comes to highlighter. For me, my highlight is the finishing touch before running out the door. Some days I aim for a natural look and other days I want to look like a glistening unicorn and I know I'm not alone. Many of us have a lot of love for each of our highlighters so it's time to show them off! 

Now, onto the challenge: From March 13th- April 14th let's give our highlighters some love each day by sharing details in this thread. I encourage you to get creative and be experimental with your product and technique. There are many highlight formats (liquid, powder, balms, etc.) and you can play around with the intensity of your highlight as well. Share as much or as little as you'd like, including pictures, swatches, products, tools and your favorite tips. 

Can't wait to see your lustrous highlight looks!

Re: The Highlight Challenge

@unfungirl I'm going on vacation in a week and though I usually stay in the shade, I might brave the sun for a bit just for a heathy glow.

@makeitup305 Yay! You should definitely enjoy a little sunshine while you're on vacation. I work outdoors most of the time so I get super tan in the summer even though I take a bath in sunscreen every single day😎

@unfungirl I work in an office with no windows from 9 to 7. And on Saturdays 9 to 4. Sunshine is a rare occurrence so I'm definitely going to take advantage of it!

@makeitup305 That pink highlight is so pretty! Perfect for spring! And your look over all is gorgeous in both photos

@playingdressup Thank you! I need to start breaking out my pastels!

looking extra dewy today because it's rainy and super humid! i did a group presentation today for my community nutrition class, so i made sure to be extra glowy!!

i'm wearing glo getter and kitty kat from the ABH/NG glow kit.

glow.jpg

Ohhhh!  I fall more in love with ABH NG highlights whenever I see them on anyone - I need to break mine out again soon!   This look is really lovely on you - I also love the lipstick! I hope you did well on your presentation! 😊

thanks so much @Tamara76! i really need to play with my NG glow kit more, it's gorgeous!!

the presentation went great, thank you!!

❤️

Gorgeous look @unfungirl . Love your nose ring too.

Thank you so much @fatimamummy😊!

@unfungirl So Luminous! Love the lip color too! Makeup is great for cheering up a rainy day

thanks so much @playingdressup! my skin gets mega dewy in the humidity! makeup is lovely on gloomy days to bright your mood for sure 🙂

@unfungirl Beautiful!

aww ❤️ @makeitup305

Nyx strobe of genius ,the left shade on the bottom.The light this evening was just right to capture this.
IMG_2586.JPG

I have heard lots of good things about this NYX palette and you look is proving them right! It is stunning on you @Seymore3

That is a stunning look @Seymore3, what a beautiful look!

Love this on you @Seymore3 ❤ This nyx palette is definitely a great one!

@Seymore3 This is such a gorgeous highlight on you and I am once again loving this beautiful pink lip color on you! You look lovely 🙂 

Wow!  You certainly did capture that glow beautifully! This is lovely - I know I keep saying it,but I am super impressed by NYX highlighters! @Seymore3

Today's look:  I mixed Love Luxe Beauty Legit Mermaid drops into my foundation and used Kevin Aucoin Neo Limelight Highlight (L💜VE!).  I used Burberry No. 7 Light Glow as a bronzer and Benefit Coralista Blush:

IMG_0760.JPG

ETA:  I just realized I haven't posted in almost a week!  Here are my highlights:

Spoiler
Saturday:  n/a - Wasn't feeling well - no makeup 😞

Sunday:  n/a

Monday:  NYX Duo Chromatic Illuminator in Snow Rose (no bronzer, Becca Shimmer Souffle in Guava Moonstone)

Tuesday:  WnW Illuminator Stick ( with NARS Isadora blush and Benefit Hoola Bronzer)

Wednesday:. Laura Geller Baked Gelato Swirl in Peach Glow ( with Tarte Park Ave. Princess Bronzer and Cargo Cannes Blush)
5 Replies
testing