cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

The Highlight Challenge

Highilght Image.jpg

Not to generalize, but I think it's fair to say a lot of us on BeautyTalk have a slight obsession when it comes to highlighter. For me, my highlight is the finishing touch before running out the door. Some days I aim for a natural look and other days I want to look like a glistening unicorn and I know I'm not alone. Many of us have a lot of love for each of our highlighters so it's time to show them off! 

Now, onto the challenge: From March 13th- April 14th let's give our highlighters some love each day by sharing details in this thread. I encourage you to get creative and be experimental with your product and technique. There are many highlight formats (liquid, powder, balms, etc.) and you can play around with the intensity of your highlight as well. Share as much or as little as you'd like, including pictures, swatches, products, tools and your favorite tips. 

Can't wait to see your lustrous highlight looks!

Re: The Highlight Challenge

@Tamara76 Beautiful glow! ❤

Thank you! @angel7594  xoxo

Snapchat-1992077752.jpgSnapchat-838797813.jpg

ABH × NG indoors vs direct sunlight. Idk how to feel about this palette. So much glitter! I tap off every time and that helps but it seems a waste of product. Thoughts on it ladies? Also showing off my first girl scout cookie EVER.

It sure does have micro-glitter. I'm okay with it. I find it falls off for the most part and the pigment blends and stays. I have to experiment with it more. I've been happy with it because it's more intense than my other Glow Kits so it does stand out to me in that way. Totally love Kitty Kat- and I never like pink highlight so that's saying a lot! Looks very pretty on you!

@jesscheems the fact that it's so intense is the main reason I'm keeping it. I know I can build it up without the glitter if it comes to it. What brush do you use?

@makeitup305 Same! 

I usually use my ELF Studio line brushes. Either the blush brush, fan brush, or a highlighting brush that I got in a kit from ELF. I even use my Real Techniques setting brush. Those are my faves! The blush brush packs highlight on and for this glow kit that might be a bit much lol, but it does work with a light hand!

Too bad about the glitter.  Your complexion looks so fresh and radiant!  

@kso1225 It's not big chunks, just micro sparkle but I would've preferred it without.

@makeitup305 i don't find mine overly glittery at all! i need to play with it more though. i think you have a perfect, subtle glow here! also, you have such gorgeous hair!!

@unfungirl I feel like unless I tap off my brush I get sparkle all over my face. Also, I feel like the powders don't "meld" with my skin. However, the colors are so pretty and intense!

I've had highlighters like that before, so I get what you're saying! Which brush do you use?

I've been using the ELF tapered brush, the Real Techniques setting brush, and the Wayne Goss Air Brush. I tried using Fix+ on them the other day and I much more enjoyed the finish.

I think your highlight looks glorious in both pictures!  And yay to Girl Scout Cookies!  Hope it was delish!  @makeitup305

@Tamara76 thanks! The glow was intense which is what I wanted. Cookies are always a highlight 😉

It photographs beautifully! I know what you mean though...I'm not a fan of obvious glitter. Side note - I also had my first Girl Scout cookie ever this season! It was s'mores and it was delicious.

@ashlynaf the hype was real for both!

Day 9- Laura Geller Ballerina (two days ago & not pictured)

Day 10- Tarte Crafty (yesterday & not pictured)

Day 11- Tarte Stunner (today & pictured)

day11.jpeg

@gonerogue This is such a pretty highlight!  And that lip color makes me want summer!  What lip color is it?

@kso1225 thank you! I'm wearing a Smashbox liquid lippie in the color Babe Alert 🙂

Gorgeous, as per the norm!  ❤️  @gonerogue

@Tamara76 thank you :))

11 Replies
testing