cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

The Highlight Challenge

Highilght Image.jpg

Not to generalize, but I think it's fair to say a lot of us on BeautyTalk have a slight obsession when it comes to highlighter. For me, my highlight is the finishing touch before running out the door. Some days I aim for a natural look and other days I want to look like a glistening unicorn and I know I'm not alone. Many of us have a lot of love for each of our highlighters so it's time to show them off! 

Now, onto the challenge: From March 13th- April 14th let's give our highlighters some love each day by sharing details in this thread. I encourage you to get creative and be experimental with your product and technique. There are many highlight formats (liquid, powder, balms, etc.) and you can play around with the intensity of your highlight as well. Share as much or as little as you'd like, including pictures, swatches, products, tools and your favorite tips. 

Can't wait to see your lustrous highlight looks!

Re: The Highlight Challenge

Beautiful! @DinaPRO I love the concept of dewy highlighter but I am hesitant to actually try it myself. I feel it may make me look greasy instead of dewy.

If you use a little bit of powder on the areas where you get oily, that will help reduce unwanted shine. I have to do this step too because I get oily in my T-zone. I like to use Cover FX Perfect Pressed Powder- its in my makeup bag now but you can use any lightweight powder. 🙂

Thank you for the Tip Dina, I'll try it soon 🙂

Gorgeous, @DinaPRO! I love a dewy highlight.

Thank you so much! Love that you love dewy too! Its going to be THE LOOK for summer! 🙂

MAC Soft Frost (First time using it after purchasing it during MAC's last sale and I couldn't stop staring at my cheekbones!!! I was about to do my nose highlight absent-mindedly with it 😄 Glad I caught myself in time before heading out!!)

Spoiler
macsoftfrost1.jpg

Edit: According to Temptalia Becca's new highlight is 95% similar. So is NYX's Lavendar Steel. 

@jesscheems ordered this today in store as it was OOS. my SA called it unicorn highlighter and we had a moment bonding over unicorn love ❤️ can't wait to get it!

@unfungirl Sweet!! I can't wait to see it on you- how exciting!!! ❤️ You'll love it =D

That is gorgeous on you @jesscheems!

Thank you @playingdressup!

Ooo it's super pretty @jesscheems Love your hair too.

Thanks @fatimamummy Short hair is fun and easy 😃

This is awesome @jesscheems

Thanks so much @KatieBT ❤️

Wow!  This looks amazing on you!  @jesscheems

Thank you! I always thought these sorts of shades would be ashy on my skintone but I was pleasantly surprised 😄 @Tamara76

@jesscheems Stunning! I love highlighters with a shift.

Thanks! @makeitup305 I didn't realize I like highlights with a shift to them but boy am I in LOVE. Canadians are apparently going to be able to purchase the ABH Moonchild from Sephora later this year. I can't wait!!!

girl yes!! i am going to swatch this friday when i go to nordy. it really highlights your gorgeous cheekbones, and those lashes ❤️ i die.

Thanks so much! =D

You will love it. It's going to look AMAZING on you!! I have the other ones too. Can't wait to try them all on!!!

i haven't bought a mac highlighter in ages! i can't wait to play! it's triple points weekend so i'm in trouble lol.

2 Replies
testing