cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

The Highlight Challenge

Highilght Image.jpg

Not to generalize, but I think it's fair to say a lot of us on BeautyTalk have a slight obsession when it comes to highlighter. For me, my highlight is the finishing touch before running out the door. Some days I aim for a natural look and other days I want to look like a glistening unicorn and I know I'm not alone. Many of us have a lot of love for each of our highlighters so it's time to show them off! 

Now, onto the challenge: From March 13th- April 14th let's give our highlighters some love each day by sharing details in this thread. I encourage you to get creative and be experimental with your product and technique. There are many highlight formats (liquid, powder, balms, etc.) and you can play around with the intensity of your highlight as well. Share as much or as little as you'd like, including pictures, swatches, products, tools and your favorite tips. 

Can't wait to see your lustrous highlight looks!

Re: The Highlight Challenge

@makeitup305 Thanks!

It looks great! 

Everything about this look is perfection! @makeitup305

@Beadshopgirl Thank you! It had been on for about 10 hours by this point so I was happy it was holding! I retouched by highlight a bit though ;0)

Looking pretty moody in this picture, ha, but this was the best photo of my highlight ๐Ÿ™‚ 

I am oh-so obsessed with the NARS Banc De Sable palette! The packaging is (of course) beautiful and the color payoff is great for the small amount of product I used. This applies beautifully with a fan brush and I just sweep the two lightest colors together and apply to my cheekbone. 

Highlight_03.20.jpg

So gorgeous! What a nice, dewy glow! Totally want this palette even if I have dupes ๐Ÿ˜„ @KatieBT

@KatieBT I love the new NARS palette, too!  You've inspired me to use the middle shade tomorrow.  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Your glow is gorgeous, as always!

Glowing!

@KatieBT beautiful and radiant!

Day 6- (yesterday & not pictured) Jouer Ice Highlight

Day 7- (today & pictured) ABH Rivera which is TOO dark for me and looks super weird so I will be giving it to my kid ๐Ÿ˜•

day6.jpeg

Blinding. That's all I have to say lol ๐Ÿ˜„ And your eye makeup is wonderful!!!

@gonerogue - That highlight looks beautiful on you! Maybe try it one more time before you give it away.  ๐Ÿ˜‰

I concur that your eye shadow is just beyond fabulous! ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป

I think you look beautiful! What's that on your eyes?

@makeitup305 Aw thanks! It's a little too rose gold for my pale skin in person. I'm wearing a mac pigment in the color Tan and I topped it off with a little bit of Stila magnificent metals in Kitten (the old pot formula, not the new wand one).

@gonerogue I was about to ask you if this was that MUFE starlit you purchased.  Absolutely stunning!!

I also like the highlight and think it looks great.  Perhaps try layering (I saw @Tamara76 mention doing so the other day & it made me reconsider some of the highlighters I have).

@ElleElleG I actually used the MUF starlit the other day as eyeshadow- kinda like how I use Mac pigments but I didn't take a pic of the look ๐Ÿ™„ I haven't tried layering with this specific highlight but that's a good idea before I just give it away. If I try it, I'll let you know how it works ๐Ÿ™‚

Today's glow look is a mix (seriously, one highlighter isn't enough? :P)

Becca Opal (cream) layered with Estee Lauder heatwave (the original).

FullSizeRender (31).jpg

You look so dewy and pretty!! 

You look so radiant and amazing!  I also love mixing my highlighters!  You can never have too many - lol!  ๐Ÿ˜  @trishavt

@trishavtGorgeous glow!

https://az616578.vo.msecnd.net/files/2015/09/24/635786564422265596-1127427349_tumblr_ndhv9ueHDU1ql5yr7o1_500.gif @trishavt!!!

testing