cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

The Highlight Challenge

Highilght Image.jpg

Not to generalize, but I think it's fair to say a lot of us on BeautyTalk have a slight obsession when it comes to highlighter. For me, my highlight is the finishing touch before running out the door. Some days I aim for a natural look and other days I want to look like a glistening unicorn and I know I'm not alone. Many of us have a lot of love for each of our highlighters so it's time to show them off! 

Now, onto the challenge: From March 13th- April 14th let's give our highlighters some love each day by sharing details in this thread. I encourage you to get creative and be experimental with your product and technique. There are many highlight formats (liquid, powder, balms, etc.) and you can play around with the intensity of your highlight as well. Share as much or as little as you'd like, including pictures, swatches, products, tools and your favorite tips. 

Can't wait to see your lustrous highlight looks!

Re: The Highlight Challenge

You look beautiful,  @fatimamummy it's just the right amount of highlight. Not blinding in your face out of space glare, but beautiful nonetheless. 

I have head people say the NARS blush duos required a heavy hand to get good payoff while the new Banc De Sable only required a light touch. I don't own either so I can't confirm,  but I am considering the new NARS one. 

@fatimamummy love this one on you! you totally look lit from within.

You GLOW girl 😄 

That sparkle in your eyes ❤️

Your eyes and eyebrows are gorgeous!  🙂

@fatimamummy This is a lovely, subtle glow!

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I opted for Lucky Clover from ABH Moonchild, but it didn't really show green on me so I added some of the Emerald shade from KVD Alchemist (over Marc Jacobs Tantric bronz r and  Milani baked blush 05 Luminoso) - still can't really see the green, but oh well...

IMG_0616.JPG

ETA:  I also mixed the new Glamglow Glowstarter from my March Play box into my foundation.

Lovely @Tamara76!!!  I've never thought about layering my highlighter, will have to give that a try! Oh, and hello there lashes!

Awwww!  Thanks! @ElleElleG ❤️❤️❤️

The highlight is gorgeous @Tamara76 but I can't stop looking at your lashes? May I ask what mascara you're using?

Thank you! @Ikon

Today I used Benefit Roller Lash, followed by Smashbox X-Rated mascara.

Oh well sigh 😞 I tried roller lash and it didn't do anything for me.. such bummer.

But totally stunning on you! @Tamara76 🙂

Awww - that really is a bummer! 😞

I typically mix it up with 2 and sometimes even 3 types of mascara to get the look I want.  In this case, the Roller Lash gave me some length and separation,but the Smashbox dialed up the volume.

I have a ton of deluxe mascara samples so I like to try different combos to see what I like and then I keep track of them so I know what to buy.  🙂

I hope you can find the perfect product(s) to achieve the look you want!  @Ikon

That's actually a great idea, thanks! I have a ton of deluxe sizes too but I keep on thinking I'll save them up for when I travel and what not and don't want to open too many up at a time but I should totally use them up! No point in having them dry up... @Tamara76

Wow!! @Tamara76 I love your highlight (this inspired me to wear my Emerald from alchemist too) and also love the all over glow. It looks like the glamglow mixed with your foundation is giving that lit from within glow. I bet you got lots of compliments or extra looks today 😉. Love your whole look! 

Thank you!  @troppi. 💚💚💚

Yeoowwww!! You look amazing!!

Thank you! @jesscheems  That means a lot coming from a makeup genius, like you! 💚💚💚

Oh, I should have used my alchemist palette today!  What gorgeous, glowy skin you have! 🙂

Awwww - Thanks! @Milou07 💚🌈🍀

even if it isn't green, that glow is gorgeous @Tamara76! you have the best eyelashes too!! 

Thank you! @unfungirl 💚💚💚

testing