cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Cheeky Cheeks
|

The Highlight Challenge

Highilght Image.jpg

Not to generalize, but I think it's fair to say a lot of us on BeautyTalk have a slight obsession when it comes to highlighter. For me, my highlight is the finishing touch before running out the door. Some days I aim for a natural look and other days I want to look like a glistening unicorn and I know I'm not alone. Many of us have a lot of love for each of our highlighters so it's time to show them off! 

Now, onto the challenge: From March 13th- April 14th let's give our highlighters some love each day by sharing details in this thread. I encourage you to get creative and be experimental with your product and technique. There are many highlight formats (liquid, powder, balms, etc.) and you can play around with the intensity of your highlight as well. Share as much or as little as you'd like, including pictures, swatches, products, tools and your favorite tips. 

Can't wait to see your lustrous highlight looks!

Re: The Highlight Challenge

I have the hardest time remembering to take a pic of my highlight during the day!  Luckily, I remembered on my way home from dinner and drinks with friends (don't worry - my hubby was driving).

I wore the new Wet n Wild pink heart highlighter called The Sweetest Bling and it had such an awesome glow that you can still see it in the dark!

IMG_0607.JPG

@Tamara76 Im so glad to see you post! You have such a beautiful smile 🙂

PS. This is one helluva glow. Its beaming even in the dark 😉 

Awwww!  Thank you!  @trishavt  😘

OMG that glow!! You're so pretty ❤️

@Tamara76 that glow is impressive!!  You have the sweetest smile too 🙂

That is WnW sweetest bling? Wow! I am excited now. I ordered it earlier today. I love how pigmented it looks!

Awwww thanks, ladies!  You're making me blush!  💗

WnW highlighters are seriously the best $4.99 you can spend IMO!  I never cease to be amazed by the pigmentation and glow!    @unfungirl @jesscheems @PrettyPaint

My first look for the highlighter challenge. I went with a more soft and natural look by using the Incandescent Light shade of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. It's one of my favorite palettes (about to hit pan) that I will most definitely re-purchase.

IMG_3275.JPG

Gorgeous pic @trishavt Heart  If the palette can make me look this pretty, I'll buy a whole case!!  You have mad skills....

@ZombieMetroAnt @Tamara76 @jesscheems @unfungirl Aww, you ladies are so sweet! Thank you. 😘

@trishavt  You have such a beautiful, natural glow, girl!  Love! ❤️

You are one gorgeous lady!!!

@trishavt  I love everything about this look! You have beautiful skin and great eyebrows, and your glow is subtle but still quite apparent 🙂

@trishavt you whole look is beautiful. I love your blush and  highlight. What are you wearing on your lips and inner corner of your eyes? 

@fatimamummy Thank you! 🙂 I am wearing a mix of Hourglass blushes (Incandescent Electra and Mood Exposure) from the Ambient Lighting Blush Palette. I also used the Tom Ford quad in Seductive Rose. I used the metallic purple color on my lids and used a highlighter on the inner corner of my eyes (I used Diorskin Nude Tan Transat Edition but any golden highlighter works). Finally for my lip color I mixed Tom Ford Spanish Pink with a tiny bit of Tom Ford Casablanca and added Marc Jacobs Lacquer in Milkshake. As you can see I don't make it easy but I love mixing colors, especially lipsticks, to create my own blend. 🙂 

Day 3-Covergirl Katy Kat Pearl in Tiger Rose.

I wasn't sure at first I would like this,the texture seemed kind of dry for a cream product but after I dug into it and put it on I really liked the effect it gave.I ended up stopping at Shoppers when I was out this evening and getting the other shade.
IMG_2491.JPG

Beautiful!  I also really love your lipstick! @Seymore3

I like that glow. So natural and pretty ❤️

It's a very nice and natural subtle glow @seymore3 

Dior 001 (my foundation looks off with my lighting- I swear it doesn't look that light at all IRL. WNW Photofocus in Desert Beige if anyone cares to know lol)

Spoiler
dior 001.jpg

This look is a fabulous dichotomy of edgy and soft - together it is beautiful! @jesscheems

testing