The Highlight Challenge

[ Edited ]

Highilght Image.jpg

Not to generalize, but I think it's fair to say a lot of us on BeautyTalk have a slight obsession when it comes to highlighter. For me, my highlight is the finishing touch before running out the door. Some days I aim for a natural look and other days I want to look like a glistening unicorn and I know I'm not alone. Many of us have a lot of love for each of our highlighters so it's time to show them off! 

Now, onto the challenge: From March 13th- April 14th let's give our highlighters some love each day by sharing details in this thread. I encourage you to get creative and be experimental with your product and technique. There are many highlight formats (liquid, powder, balms, etc.) and you can play around with the intensity of your highlight as well. Share as much or as little as you'd like, including pictures, swatches, products, tools and your favorite tips. 

Can't wait to see your lustrous highlight looks!

Re: The Highlight Challenge

@Tamara76 dang girl, i was blinded by the (high)light!

Thank you!  xoxo

@unfungirl

@Tamara76 now that's what I call a highlight!  I was practically blinded by your picture from the preview pane 

Spoiler
tama.JPG

LOL!  Thanks! <3  @ZombieMetroAnt

***This is why I was so incredulous when a Sephora employee asked me last week if I've ever tried highlighter - I don't think this looks very natural...She was a cutie, though, and I still bought 2 more highlighters from her Smiley Happy

I wore Tom Ford's Spin Spin Sugar mixed in with my foundation yesterday, and it definitely did not photograph at all Smiley Happy but it looked nice!

Today is KVD Alchemist - the blue and violet along cheekbones and eyes.

IMG_0929.JPG

(0) Hearts

So pretty @lachaton Heart You really captured the iridescent glow of that palette.  

Beautiful!  I love the Alchemist palette! <3

very pretty!!

Very pretty highlight on you!

[ Edited ]

dang it's hard to get your highlight to photograph well! i took a zillion pictures but this is all i got.

i'm wearing burberry fresh glow mixed with my foundation, becca opal, and the hourglass ambient lighting bronzer in luminous bronze light Smiley Happy

lll.jpg

This picture looks great @unfungirl! I definitely see the shine.  Oh, your sweater looks so warm & toasty!  

aww thank you @ZombieMetroAnt!! i live in my north face <3

[ Edited ]

Gorgeous!  I know what you mean about photographing highlights - It really can be tough!  @unfungirl

thanks @Tamara76! practice makes perfect!

@unfungirl I agree, it can take a few (hundred) tries to get the lighting right. I am determined to be a highlight selfie pro by the end of this challenge! 

@KatieBT yes! i am definitely getting lots of practice!

I totally agree! @KatieBT Smiley Happy

Yassss!!! <3  You look amazing!

@jesscheems <3!!

[ Edited ]

I have the hardest time remembering to take a pic of my highlight during the day!  Luckily, I remembered on my way home from dinner and drinks with friends (don't worry - my hubby was driving).

I wore the new Wet n Wild pink heart highlighter called The Sweetest Bling and it had such an awesome glow that you can still see it in the dark!

IMG_0607.JPG

@Tamara76 Im so glad to see you post! You have such a beautiful smile Smiley Happy

PS. This is one helluva glow. Its beaming even in the dark Smiley Wink