The Highlight Challenge

[ Edited ]

Highilght Image.jpg

Not to generalize, but I think it's fair to say a lot of us on BeautyTalk have a slight obsession when it comes to highlighter. For me, my highlight is the finishing touch before running out the door. Some days I aim for a natural look and other days I want to look like a glistening unicorn and I know I'm not alone. Many of us have a lot of love for each of our highlighters so it's time to show them off! 

Now, onto the challenge: From March 13th- April 14th let's give our highlighters some love each day by sharing details in this thread. I encourage you to get creative and be experimental with your product and technique. There are many highlight formats (liquid, powder, balms, etc.) and you can play around with the intensity of your highlight as well. Share as much or as little as you'd like, including pictures, swatches, products, tools and your favorite tips. 

Can't wait to see your lustrous highlight looks!

Re: The Highlight Challenge

(0) Hearts

Today's look:  I mixed Love Luxe Beauty Legit Mermaid drops into my foundation and used Kevin Aucoin Neo Limelight Highlight (LπŸ’œVE!).  I used Burberry No. 7 Light Glow as a bronzer and Benefit Coralista Blush.

IMG_0760.JPG

It's been a while since I posted in here (I've been admiring all the amazing looks so far!). Smiley Happy

This is my most recent look for the challenge. I used Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer 001 (Nude Glow), another one of my favorite highlighters that is very easy to apply, pigmented, and has a finely milled texture.

http://www.sephora.com/diorskin-nude-air-luminizer-powder-P411229?skuId=1844695

TrishaDior.jpg

(0) Hearts

@trishavt your highlight is stunning and so is your perfect, glowy skin!

Nars Dual Intensity cheek palette, Shade I as highlight and shade II for blush.

Spoiler
IMG_6059.JPG

(0) Hearts

Agreed with @Tamara76 such a pretty, effortless glow!

(0) Hearts

Your glow is gorgeous, as usual! πŸ’œπŸ’œπŸ’œ.  @fatimamummy

[ Edited ]

Today I'm wearing UD Naked Skin Fluid in Luminous. The color payoff is impressive and the formula's great because it blends well and doesn't dry sticky or feel dry. I tend to struggle when applying liquid highlighter with my fingers, which is my preferred method, so I tried the micro.mini bubble beautyblender today and was pleasantly surprised! The cute little bb made it so easy to precisely bounce highlighter onto my cheekbones and especially harder-to-reach areas like the cupid's bow and brow bone so I'll keep playing around with it. I finished with a spray of Sephora Collection Perfection Mist Nude Glow to add some luminosity. 

03.30_Highlight.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/naked-skin-highlighting-fluid-P41714229?skuId=1902246&

http://www.sephora.com/micro-mini-bubble-P415217?

http://www.sephora.com/perfection-mist-nude-glow-P415312?

(0) Hearts

I love it!  And your freckles!  Also, I never thought of using a micromini for liquid highlighter - fabulous idea! ❀️   @KatieBT

You are glowing @KatieBT I have oily skin so I am always afraid of liquid highlighters. Will try using with BB micro mini some time. Also Cute choker πŸ‘

Day 16- Smashbox Spotlight Palette (yesterday & not pictured) 

Day 17- Dior Glowing Pink 001 (today and pictured)

day17.jpg

(0) Hearts

This glow is so natural and pretty!  I love your lipstck, too!  @gonerogue  πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—

Very pretty as always @gonerogue Your lipstick is beautiful! Which glitter eyeliner/ shadow are you wearing?

[ Edited ]

Hi Beauties! 

I'm wearing NUDESTIX Illumi-naughty. 

It has a brush to blend it in and even on my "third age" skin Smiley Wink it looks great! Love the packaging too.

Shirahighlighter.png

http://www.sephora.com/nudies-all-over-face-color-bronze-glow-P417912

(0) Hearts

First of all, your skin looks amazing - I would not have guessed "third age."

Second, Your glow looks completely natural and beautiful!  Illuminaughty is on my wish list!  β€οΈ

@ShiraBT

(0) Hearts

It is lovely on you @ShiraBT

@ShiraBT This looks absolutely beautiful on you! It's so nice to see looks from you, Katie and so many other Sephora employees Smiley Happy 

Thank you @trishavt! You gals are my #inspo!

Since it's Friday eve, I finally put on some proper makeup.

Today I'm wearing LG gilded honey.

This came in my cult beauty gift bag, and I love it! I can see why it's so popular.

IMG_5409.JPG

(0) Hearts

@unfungirl Happy Friday Eve! I see you have a love for all things golden Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

@unfungirl Fabulous glow! and your dog is so cute! Makes me wish I lived somewhere that allowed pets.