Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

A thread to discuss existing/upcoming/or new ABH products.

Feel free to ask questions, share swatches, intel on upcoming products, etc, etc.

Swatches:

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

@gymgirl2 No problem, I don't mind the questions 😊

All the colors are matte but they are also creamy and easy to apply. You can build up the intensity of each shade depending how much you apply. A little goes a long way with each shade and the colors I created only took a tiny amount of  product. I have tried with both a lip primer and lip balm underneath and it didn't seem to change the formula or wear of the colors. I also tried it with lip liner as I sometimes line my lips and it blends easily.

As for lip gloss it definitely helped make the shade I wore look more satin but it did transfer a little easier to my coffee cup.

i haven't tried all of the colors yet but it's is woc friendly. Even the lightest nude shade is good on it's on without mixing.

As for the brush it is double ended. One side is a brush and the other is a spatula. I like the dual brush a lot, although the brush end is thicker than I'm used to. 

It also comes with a mixing tray. It is easy enough to clean but the grayish color I created left behind a transparent stain on the tray but nothing too noticeable.

I hope if you buy it you'll enjoy it as much as I do. 

@misscg Thank you soo much for the comprehensive response! This was really helpful, tho maybe not so much for my wallet 😛

This really sounds like everything I've been wanting in a lip product. I almost always mix my lip products anyways...bahh curse u anastasia

You're welcome, this palette is so much fun and it's not as expensive as  other lip palettes. I saw that smashbox has one coming out but it's like $75.

Oh I really love these! Super nice!!!! 🙂

Thanks 😊

So far, my first impressions on the lip palette are VERY good. The colors are highly pigmented, and a little goes a long way. I applied a mix this morning, set it with a touch of loose powder, and proceeded with my day. It's been on for 3 hours (and 5 cups of coffee - I'm a fiend in the morning!) and it isn't even starting to fade.

I'll test it in the afternoon for "regular wear" without loose powder, but in the morning, I just drink too much coffee to have anything but a matte transfer-proof lip.

Swatches of the lip palette

Screen Shot 2017-01-12 at 7.18.57 AM.png

Lip palette is live on abh direct and expedited shipping is only $4!!! 

I caved! Ahhh I just think it will be way too much fun lol.

I can't wait to get mine, I ordered 2 day shipping lol. This reminds me of making customs lipsticks at the bite lab but cheaper. I just hope I remember the combos I make up at home lol

Mine is out for delivery already! I can't wait to get home and play with it!!!

I'm with you - it's such an ingenious idea really. For those of us with "everything," this is actually something at least for me that's new and exciting. I watched the swatch video on youtube yesterday (there's only one posted, haha) and literally every color looks so opaque and amazing. I can't wait. 

Lucky!!! Mine will get here tomorrow. I watched a video too and I'm so excited to get it. Most of the colors look beautiful on their own, but then mixing them to lighten and deepen the shades...it's like lipstick heaven lol. Plus it's at a good price point 

Curious to find out what you gals think. I have a love hate relationship with things like this haha. In general I hate palettes... I prefer single items... But love that you can mix and create whatever shade you want... so it's cool lol 😄

@veronika23 I'm the same way when it comes to lip palettes. I was never interested in them because I like being able to whip out a lipstick and reapply as needed. I have he Bobbi brown lip palette and like it but I tend to forget about it since those are satin and not very opaque. 

For the abh one, I'm hoping since the colors are pigmented it will be long lasting. And I don't mind carrying around a lip palette if I really like the shade I'm wearing for the day.

Anyone planning on ordering the lip palette today? I read on their instagram it releases at 12 pm est today. I want it and the thought of waiting til the middle of march for this is making me want to get it today....anyone else?

I am sincerely debating it...

I'm interested in it because they're mattes and look really pigmented. I could alter some of the lipsticks that are too pale for me without making it glossy, things like that. 

Anonymous Insider

Quick question - does anyone know if ABH will be releasing new eyeshadow singles in 2017?

@Anonymous  yes I think so. See my post below... The black & white pic.

More on the pro lip palette

Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 2.50.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-06 at 2.50.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-06 at 2.51.03 PM.png

I need and want this!!!! Looks like I'll be ordering this from abh direct cuz I have no patience smh

testing