The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

[ Edited ]

A thread to discuss existing/upcoming/or new ABH products.

Feel free to ask questions, share swatches, intel on upcoming products, etc.

Swatches:

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Re: The Anastasia Beverly Hills Thread

(0) Hearts

Anyone here have the modern renaissance? Just picked it up today and not sure what to do with it lol

(0) Hearts

@titi8750 - I have the Modern Renaissance palette.  I'm not sure what you mean by "what to do with it."  I use a highlight color crease to eyebrows, medium shade on my entire lid to crease (occasionally I'll put the same highlighter or or a separate highlighter or a very light color in my inner corner), and a darker shade in a narrow strip just above my crease (kind of like a cut crease).  Sometimes I'll bring the crease color onto the outer corner of my eyelid.

It depends on how I feel and how much time I have!

I use Saturday's as my "experiment" day since I usually just run errands or stay home.  Better than have an "oops" on a work day!

(0) Hearts

@titi8750 Search through the hashtag on IG! There are lots of great looks on there and on the ABH IG page

(0) Hearts

@Mochapj - The Moonchild powders looks so nice on you, especially Lucky Clover!  I don't think they'll work on me.  My skin has become very oily again after going off BCPs.  I guess I have my own built-in highlighter (again)!

Here is lucky clover.  I piled on a lot more than it looks like, but with my undertones this shade looks more like a glistening wet sheen than an actual green.  

I don't hate it, LOL

image.jpeg

Mocha, what lipstick are you wearing? I love it!

@k617 that's the new Charlotte Tilbury Hot Lips in Miranda May

(0) Hearts

It looks amazing on you Smiley Very Happy

What can i do to minimize the cracking from some ABH liquid lipsticks?

Kathryn and Soft Lilac are the worst. I exfoliate, I moisturize, I put on really thin layers and they still crack.

(0) Hearts

I have no issue with most of them, but electric coral cracks on me. So sad. 

(0) Hearts

I love Soft Lilac, and I absolutely can't make it work on my lips. It cracks and looks awful.

(0) Hearts

It's horrible but such a beautiful colour. @jadeann

It's sort of random, but do you drink enough water?  It might help...

(0) Hearts

I drink over a gallon a day, so that isn't the issue with me, but could be for many people. I love most of hers, but electric coral cracks and milkshake separates from the inside of my lip sadly. 

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 9.54.56 AM.png

(0) Hearts

This is so going on my list!!!! This is beautiful!

Now on my list for the name alone. Smiley Tongue

(0) Hearts

Thank you for the swatches, @Mochapj! I'm debating picking up Sun Dipped. I *thought* I had decided that the shades aren't really that different from what I already have, but your swatches are making me reconsider.

@Mochapj Would you mind sharing your opinion on how these ABH compare to the Love Luxe Beauty that you have posted on the Indie Brands thread? 

[ Edited ]

@PaletteAddict99 here you go!

The Love Luxe swatches are the first swatch in each grouping.

Next Level and Blue Moon are the same color, but NL is much more pigmented.

Daydream and Purple Horseshoe are also really close IRL, but in the photo, not as much.

The biggest difference between the 2 products is the LL ones are very powdery and kick up lots of dust.  The ABH ones are much firmer, and also have more glitter.  The Moonchild kit has more glitter in the highlights than any of the other Glow Kits.

image.jpeg

(0) Hearts

Awesome swatches @Mochapj! Thanks for the feedback too Smiley Happy