newandaddicted

That's that STUFF I don't like...makeup edition

I've seen a lot of YTers do this video and I thought it would be fun to do a makeup edition.

This is just for fun and giggles

So here are the guidelines, you don't have to name companies(but you can if you want), but just post things about makeup that you DON'T like.

I'll go first.  LOL

Mid to high priced foundation that don't come with a pump!  If I'm paying 40+ for a foundation give me the 5 cent pump!

Lip products that you have to use your finger to apply.  That is so nasty to me, even if you wash your hands you still putting OTHER stuff on your lips when you use your fingers OR those products that you have to use a brush (OCC lip tars!) I love those colors but I don't have time or the inclination for a brush.  (My microbiology prof had us wash our hands, then wipe our fingers on a slide.  We left it in the warmer (which is kept at body temp) and came back and 2 days.  OHMYGAWD what grew on that slide was DISGUSTING.  I can't do finger only applied products to my lips. NEVER.)

Makeup lines that don't expand their colors!  GRRRR!  women of ALL colors love makeup why don't companies think of that or seem to care about that!?

So that is that stuff you don't like?

hypnoticpoise

Re: That's that STUFF I don't like...makeup edition

Not to bash YTers (I'm obsessed with youtube by the way) but I hate when someone is reviewing say Buxom or Bareminerals (my 2 favorite brands) with a face full of MAC or another brand. I wish that they would wear the products they are reviewing so we the viewer can see how it actually looks, as opposed to just taking their word for it.

colorprodigy

(0) Hearts

I agree! I watched one a few weeks ago (she shall remain nameless) that was discussing a Revlon foundation. She talked it up and then said, "Oh, well I'm not wearing it now", and went on to another product. Sigh.

starsandbucks

That the Marc Jacobs eye shadow palettes cost nearly $60 and come with a tiny sponge applicator and not a real brush! Like, don't even bother! Getting that little sponge applicator feels like more of an insult than it would to get nothing at all. 

MoreGun89

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I never understood the sponge applicators unless you were using the shadow as a liner, it seems like for the price they should be giving you a 10 pack of those if they aren't giving you a real brush >.<

starsandbucks

I know! And there's 7 shadows in a palette. What are you going to do with one applicator? All this ranting does remind me of this picture which always makes me giggle. 

image.jpg

heatherbee

This is hilarious...because it's just so dang true!  I remember when I bought my first few brushes, and I can't believe there was a time when all we had were those awful sponge applicators.

newandaddicted

(0) Hearts

Ok this isn't a company, but I can't stand YTers/bloggers who constantly have their pets in their blogs/vlogs.  I have dogs, I get people love their animals, but ugh it just irritates me when the video is interrupted REPEATEDLY by an animal or the animal is FEATURED in vlog or blog REPEATEDLY.  I come to you for makeup reviews/swatches/idea not your pet admiration.  Start a different channel if you want to show how much you love your pet.

OR

Save that animal loving and worship for non blog/vlog time.  

Can't stand it!

heartsmyface

Makeup packaging that doesn't show the shade/color on the outside. having to open every lipstick or blush to see the colors is just annoying.

MakeupJunkie666

I totally agree! I have the Bite Collector's lipstick set and it is super frustrating to open each one to see the colors; it also makes it hard to display. 

heartsmyface

You'd think they'd want their shades showing so you'd consistently reach for them and eventually need to buy more. 

laynebr

I absolutely hate it when a company puts the same shadows in a palette. I'm looking at you UD. Seriously I own about 4-5 palettes and there's always 2-3 colors that are in every single one of them :smileysad:.

I hate when companies claim something is long lasting or waterproof and it isn't...MUFE eyeliner -.-

When companies claim they have done extensive research on a product yet you look at the ingredients list and they have used cheap fillers but are charging you $$$$.

I absolutely hate the packing REN has for their moisturizer. It comes with a pump container that the pump is way too stuby and product goes all over and the plastic bag that's inside... I'm sure theres a reasoning behind it but when I hate to perform what seems like surgery on this thing to cut a pouch open because 1/2 of my product is still int there? Just no! What a headache!!!

When companies make their packaging look super nice but has malfuctions... Chanel lip glosses! Over time the top gets loose since all it takes is 1/2 a twist for them to close. I hate searching for something in my bag and just having a mess on the bottom of my purse :smileysad:

Foundations that oxidize! Why is this still happening! Someone please fix this.

When companies claim you can find a shade in their range.. don't make me false promises! Dior BB cream! I don't believe in this whole one shade fits all thing... I don't buy it!

MoreGun89

People who wear the wrong color on their face!  I'm guilty of this the past few days.  In the lighting on the commute I look fine, everyehere else  I'm tomato-esque, I think I'm going to begin using that powder as a *blush*! :smileytongue:

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Lol, we've all done it! It's part of the process! 

newandaddicted

Grrr!

Make up companies that don't carry full range of shades in all their products!  

If I'm buying your foundation in my shade shouldn't you also offer the concealer in MY shade?  C'mon!

shinybananas

Foundations with SPF.  I don't understand.  You would need to slather half the bottle on your face for it be effective, so why even bother?  I think it's dangerous to give people a false sense of security when they should be using a dedicated sunscreen every day.

Plus, flashback.  Stop that madness.

redwagon44

Agreed!! It's so hard to find anything without SPF anymore. All it does is add bulk to my foundations and moisturizers. On weekdays, I'm indoors about 99 percent of the time, and when I'm not, I'll throw on a sunscreen. All it's doing otherwise is wasting product and clogging up my pores. 

weeeeweeeeeee

I'm not sure if this was mentioned, but products that do not specify expiration dates or how long to keep after opened and used and how to store products.

rainbow781

My biggest makeup pet peeve would have to be brands that test on animals! I also hate when a product is "one shade fits all" um, no it definitely doesn't! I can't stand products that wear off really quickly. I need my makeup to last! I also hate products in jars.

heatherbee

I agree on the one shade fits all bit!  Skin is very complex, and light, medium, and dark each have different subcategories...undertones matter, companies!!  It's like a company making a "one size fits all" bra or something...NO!!!

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Hahaha, osfa bra! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 97 replies
  • 211 hearts
  • 54 in conversation
    • kenny
    • DTalksAll