czikimonkey

Tell me why I should or shouldn't get these hyped products!

Hi everyone,

I have a birthday next week and am itching to get some high end beauty stuff. Please tell me why I should or shouldn't get any of these things! 

1) Burberry pale barley (and rosewood)-- are these shadows really THAT good? 

2) NARS Ita brush--is it that life changing? 

3) Tom Ford lipsticks--I'm lusting after the lighter shades, like Blush Nude and a Pink Dusk 

I don't have any Burberry eyeshadows, NARS brushes or Tom Ford, so any help you can give in either saving my wallet or enabling me would be appreciated! And if there's anything else high end you think I definitely need...feel free to add to my list! Thanks :smileyhappy: 

BlushHoarder

Re: Tell me why I should or shouldn't get these hyped products!

"Tell me why --- ain't nothin' but a heartache, tell me why --- ain't nothin' but a mistake, tell me why --- I never want to hear you say, I want it that way"

Yes, I know this added nothing to the discussion, but I was scrolling through the board and saw the words and it instantly took me to the Backstreet Boys.

Keep us updated on your decision!

BlushHoarder

upload_2019106955391974174.jpg

czikimonkey

Ha! Totally! 

notcreative

You are my fire. (but not in a dirty way)

starletta8

1. YES

2. Don't have it.

3. YES

I have over half of the Burberry single shadows that have been released, and can honestly say that quality-wise, they're on par with Tom Ford (which I rate top of the bunch, above Dior and Chanel, and then everyone else.). Pale Barley is a lovely neutral shade, and Rosewood is pretty much the perfect pinky brown shade.

As for Tom Ford, the lipsticks are dangerous. Once you buy one, you won't want to put anything else on your lips. I went from 0 to 4 within 2 months. They're long-wearing, totally opaque, and wear beautifully.

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

Agreed! Burberry shadow are way better than most Chanel ones. Still need to get the ita brush, but I'm going to go to the NARS store soon. The Tom Ford ones are so worth the money because the packaging is gorgeous and it's opaque. I have quite pigmented lips so the nudes don't really look that great on me, but I love the formula!

astarte

I have Burberry's rosewood and I love it.  Buttery and really great for just a wash and run out of the house.  The thing with Burberry shadows it that the intensity varies.  Burberry tends to have subtle, not vivid in your face kind of colors but something like Midnight Brown is a more intense, gorgeous shimmery/satiny color. 

Don't have any Nars brushes..yet!

I have one of Tom Ford's darker lipsticks.  It's very pigmented, goes on smoothly and I'm glad I have it but I don't like it more than my other lipsticks, for example I like how my Guerlain Rouge G's apply much better being more creamy over the longer wear.

m3rma1d

Love my NARS blush.

I've not tried any Burberry or Tom Ford but I'm still pretty certain you need all these things.

:smileyhappy:

sultananatalie

instyle magazine RAVES about TF Spanish Pink, if that is helpful

MK89

I just got Pale Barley and so did another lovely lady on BT (notcreative). It's really nice for an everyday, pretty and subtle color. Is it necessary in your life? No. But it's great to have and the packaging is so gorgeous. I've had my eye on the eyeshadow in Mulberry as well, it looks really nice. If you want to get Pale Barley, I would suggest placing an order now on Nordstrom and you'll probably get it in a few weeks like I did (unless you can find it elsewhere, but I didn't see it anywhere else...)

Happy birthday in advance! Mine is coming up in two weeks, yay for June birthdays :smileyhappy:

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Pale Barley had been on my list for months but was nowhere to be found (at least by me).  It is currently available without being backordered (just checked the Nordstrom site).  If you order soon, you will probably get it right away.  Should you wait, it could backorder again or worse ...... go OOS.  

I love it so much due to the packaging, the formula, the look, the wear, how buttery it is, etc.  The color I was looking at next is Rosewood.  Therefore, I say get them both.  It's your birthday, splurge!

starletta8

Pale Barley appears to be restocked everywhere.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

That is why she should order it now.  Right, Starletta?  It can go on backorder any moment.  

quixotic

[ Edited ]

Hi cz -

I think you should treat yourself to the Burberry Rosewood AND the Tom Ford Pink Dusk. Everyone needs a little more pink in their lives, and these two shades would look wonderful on you.

And Happy Birthday!

BD.monkey.jpg

andyhtrieu

I would definitely get Tom Ford Lipsticks! They are absolutely amazing. My sister got two from her boyfriend (isn't that sweet?!!) in the colors crimson noir and bruised plum. 

If you're second guessing, just look at these swatches hehe

upload_2690132155009303291.jpg

starletta8

I have Indian Rose and it's the perfect MLBB shade for me.  My actual lips are pretty close to NARS Dolce Vita.

The only bad part of Tom Ford lipsticks is that you won't want to wear anything else ever again.

beauty4ashes

Beautiful! I want them ALL!

heartsmyface

I think ALL of these colours would look good on me!!!!!

czikimonkey

*dies*

MK89

Hmm, I need a bf who buys me TF lipsticks haha :smileyvery-happy:

I love the last three shades. So gorgeous.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 49 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • astarte
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • quixotic
    • ivyxox
    • starletta8
    • BlushHoarder