Annabeauty15

TRAVEL MAKEUP MUST HAVES???

(0) Hearts

What are your fave things to travel with? What are your fave things to take sample sizes of? What about fragrance, hair care, skin care and what makeup bag do you use? Also, any traveling with makeup tips and good sturdy product recommendations?

mpolansky

Re: TRAVEL MAKEUP MUST HAVES???

I prefer taking as many minis as I can so that I can save space.

Makeup:

Lorac Pro to Go palette (has eyeshadows, blush, bronzer)

Naked Basics palette

Kat Von D Tattoo Liner

Mini Mascara - currently YSL Babydoll

A bag of ~10 of my favorite lippies (varying shades and formulas from glosses to lipsticks)

Lip balm and lip scrub (currently using Fresh products for both)

Fragrance rollerball - either Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb, or Marc Jacobs Dot

Mini Benefit porefessional primer or primer sample

ABH Contour palette

UD All Nighter setting spray

Brushes

Hair care:

Brush

It's a Ten Leave in Conditioner (such a life saver - but I have a big bottle so I put this into a smaller spray bottle when traveling)

Heat Protectant Spray

Alterna Dry Oil Mist

Straightener or curler (sometimes both, depending on where the trip is to)

Random tips:

- If taking a foil packet with you, poke a small hole in only one side of the packet, and place a piece of tape over it. That way you can reuse it without it getting everywhere. 

- If taking makeup on a plane in carry on luggage, make sure you take mini's so none of your precious makeup gets taken! It saves time if you already have it in a separate baggie so you just have to take it out. 

- Bring makeup products that are almost empty, so you can just toss (or recycle) the container when done, and saves space for the trip back. 

- Make sure you secure lids on all products! Put them in plastic baggies for extra insurance. You don't want liquids or makeup going all over your clothes. Also, be gentle and thoughtful when packing, giving your products a little cushion with clothes helps them not get as damaged. 

dolceloure

No particular brands I suppose, but it's when I travel that I usually get the most use out of my foil packets. I love taking those along b/c it's an excuse to try new products, I can throw them away as I use them up, and they take up such little space in my luggage to begin with. And it's pretty much the only time I use some of the manyyyyy perfume vials I have, lol. I'm actually visiting my sister for a couple of weeks -- my little box of perfumes that I brought with me:

TPhoto_00002.jpg

Though since arriving I've bought 2 bottles of perfume from Zara, lol. 

As far as makeup goes, I don't have as many samples so I usually try to limit myself to bringing minis if I have any, otherwise try to minimize the full size products. I also try to pack a palette that has multiple products in there.

sugar

Too Faced Glamour to Go is my favorite travel palette. Truthfully it gets a little boring after a few days, lol, but it has neutral eye shadows + bronzer + highlighter + lipgloss, and is about the size of a deck of cards.

mochi813

(0) Hearts

I'm currently in a different city right now! Here's what I brought with me: 

• Sephora CC Cream 
  • Urban Decay's Primer Potion 
  • Kat Von D's Autograph Pencil
  • Kat Von D True Romance Eyeshadow Palette in Saint
  • Sephora Waterproof Mascara 
  • Sephora Blush
  • Bite Beauty Luminous Cream Lipstick in Zin 
  • Stila Bronzing Powder
  • Josie Maran Argan Oil Sunscreen
  • Josie Maran Argan Oil Cleanser 

When I travel, I usually take Sephora products with me, just in case I lose some of my higher end, favorite products. Then I don't feel as bad spending the money to replace a full compact/tube. 

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I travel at least 2~3 times a year because I go to school in a different city. So when I'm coming home for a 1~2 week break, I take with me 

• Skincare: Thayers toner (I know its ginormous, but its very versatile), galactomyces ampoule, a serum I'm using at the moment, a moisturizer (I normally use 2 separate ones for day and night but when I'm traveling I just take one), tea tree oil, about 3~4 eye cream foil samples, and Madre magic cream (its like a vaseline, only natural and with manuka honey) 
  • Cleansers: Primera or Banila.co cleansing creams because they're easier to carry, and cleanser (usually origins checks and balances or Clarins gentle cleanser) 
  • Makeup: sunscreen (California's sun is ridiculous. so always SPF50), primer (travel size or something very compact like GA's fluid master), 1 foundation, travel size MUFE HD powder, Bobbi Brown dark chocolate palette, pen type eyeliner, and mascara 
  • brushes: Dior foundation brush, La mer retractable powder brush, chanel smudge brush (I use this for the crease and do the rest with fingers to save having to travel with brushes), 

with fragrances, I just use a body wash that has strong scent. 

with shampoo and conditioner, I have at home, but incase I don't like what my brother uses, I just buy them, use, and give the rest to my brother (or bring it back to use for traveling purposes)

I put my skincare products in Ole Henriksen and Loccitane bags that I got as GWPs

and makeup in a leather makeup bag that my aunt sent me last time from Korea with stuff I've asked for 

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

I'm currently visiting my family in a different city, here is what I have brought with me:

Skincare

MAC cleansing oil (travel size)

Toner ( I bought a 30ml bottle for toner, this is a must have for me)

Serum (usually I just took 1-2 deluxe samples with me)

FAB ultra facial cream

Clarins sunscreen 15ml

Travel sized Caudelie beauty elixir

Caudelie hand cream

Clarins lip balm

Makeup

UD Naked palette (must have)

Nars adult content palette (1 bronzer,1 highlighter and 2 blushers all in one)

Tom Ford lipstick in pink dusk and YSL Rouge Volupte shine in 12 Corail Incandescent

Chanel translucent pressed powder 

Sephora travel-sized brush set

MUFE aqua liner

For fragrances, I bought a few 5ml empty rollerballs. I just fill them up before I go on a trip. I brought JM red roses, blackberry & bay and Diptyque Do Son with me. I also took some JM samples to combine the fragrances.

My tips for travelling would be taping everything that might leak?LOL Also, recycle sample jars (preferable those 10ml-15ml ones). They are very useful when you go on a trip. Pack light ( especially when you are going abroad because you are most likely getting a lot of new stuff from DFS :smileywink:

Sonny4President

(0) Hearts

I keep my night cream and moisturizer in a sample jar stores give me, it holds about 1.0-1.5 oz, I know there's a limit flying internationally about how many liquids you can bring on the flight with you, so you might not want to bring a huge container of product or they might make you throw it away!

I take a small cologne bottle or sample perfume/cologne veils and keep them in a little hard container, making sure they don't break!

Sunscreen/tanning lotion with spf is a definite, if you can't find a small bottle of those products, make your husband hold it for you so you seem like you have less product in hand...

If you are a full face makeup person, foundation, concealer, bronzer, blush and one or two palettes would work fine...

You sure have a lot of questions haha, but I don't mind answering all of them, some answers are repetitive though, cause they're all connected...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • dolceloure
    • ivyxox
    • infinitise
    • mpolansky
    • mochi813
    • Sonny4President