cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE VISEART THREAD

~ Updated Feb 7th 2019 ~

Thought I'd start a thread just for Viseart since so many of us LOVE them. Heart

I love to encourage a small brand as opposed to a brand where you pay for the name. The eye shadow quality can't be beat!

Brand page:

https://www.sephora.com/viseart

NEW

Liaison palette - Available now exclusively at Beautylish

Grande Pro Vol. 2 now at Sephora

https://www.sephora.com/product/grande-pro-volume-2-P440073

Libertine palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/libertine-eyeshadow-palette-P436925

Coy palette - Muse Beauty Pro exclusive 

Coy palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.43.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.41.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.41.10 PM.png

Liaison palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.07.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.25.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.52.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.53.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.53.30 PM.png

COMING SOON

Possibly coming out with loose pigments???

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 12.25.49 PM.png

Sneak peeks of possible things to come

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.20.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.21.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.21.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-02 at 12.27.00 PM.png

WHERE TO BUY

Sephora

Muse Beauty Pro

Beauty Bay

Beautylish

Alcone

Frends Beauty

Posy - Looks like they won't make this happen 😞

Spoiler

Viseart Posy.png

Price breakdown for those interested

Spoiler

Saw this on Facebook a while back and thought I'd add it here.

A 12 color Viseart Eyeshadow Palette is $80 USD (before pro discount). Each eyeshadow pan is 2 grams and valued at approx. $6 ($3.00 per gram).

MAC has reduced the price of their single eyeshadows refills from $10 USD to $6 USD each. So 12 colors at the new reduced price would be $72 USD (before pro discount). Add the $8 USD empty palette to store them and we're back to $80 USD.

EXCEPT: Each MAC eyeshadow pan is only 1.3 grams ($4.62 per gram). You're getting only 15.6 grams of product, as opposed to the 24 grams of eyeshadow in the Viseart palette. That's a loss of over 8 grams of product.

FINAL ANALYSIS:
It would cost $119 USD for MAC to duplicate the Viseart palette (24 grams of MAC eyeshadow at $4.62 per gram and $8 for the palette).

Re: THE VISEART THREAD

I've seen this on a makeup revolution blush palette I purchased awhile ago and exchanged it. But the next palette had the same issue. The girl that exchanged it for me swatched the powder and it was fine. Just the top layer had the white spots. She said maybe some liquid or something went onto the palettes when they were manufacturing them or something. It definitely wasn't mold. I thought the same thing! Have you used that green shade or swatched it yet? @makeitup305

@jesscheems It seemed to go a little bit further than just the top layer but it swatches amazing, just like all the other shades.

@makeitup305 I don't think it's mold and is what @veronika23 said about it not being mixed well when pressed. I use a shade most days from the neutral mattes that has some white spots that kind of look like balls

@Elles117 I think that's got to be it. I don't wear it often since it's such an intense shade but it seems to perform the same as the other ones. No weird smell or anything.

I haven't. Anyone else? Could it be that the powder wasn't mixed well when it was pressed and you are seeing a part of the mixture that would contain white powder?

@veronika23 Since it doesn't smell and doesn't look too weird I think it's gotta be something like that. Especially since Viseart shades are supposed to be hand pressed and made. I put a little bit of alcohol on it just to be on the safe side and they seem to be mostly gone.

@makeitup305  oh that's good! I mean it can happen to some products for sure but I think being hand made this is most likely what happened. If you want to be 100% sure you can always try and reach out to the brand... but they are hard to get in touch with. Hopefully Sephora can do a chat with them and questions like these can be answered.

Screen Shot 2017-01-22 at 6.28.43 PM.png

I just got mine today! I couldn't resist 😕 Can't wait to wear them though!

I got my Warm Mattes yesterday and wore it immediately! I will say; it is lovely! I didn't swatch it first because I found that Viseart Mattes don't swatch well. On the eye, it's a completely different experience. There are few swatches I've seen on WOC so I figured I'd share one. 

Warm MAttes.jpg

This is such a bad depiction of how they look on the eye with a brush. I used the orange and even a lighter color from the top on my eye and it was full of pigmentation and blends beautifully. It also lasted a long, long time. I didn't take my makeup off till well after 1am this AM and the crease was shockingly in tack; the lid was faded, but not creased at all. All in all, great palette! 

My Petit Pro palette arrived today!

Here it is next to a Theory palette for size comparison (pardon the state of my Theory palette - it has been well-loved and floating in my makeup bag for touch-ups):

IMG_8356.JPG

First thoughts:

1.  They are not kidding when they call this petite

2.  The misalignment of the pans is driving me bonkers

3.  I immediately tried on the copper shade and it is gorgeous and the formula seems nice

4.  When I dipped a brush in the copper shade, I noticed the pan moved around in the palette.  I shook the palette a little, but none of the pans fell out, so hopefully they are glued in well

5.  This may be a good size to keep in my makeup bag for touchups

Oh wow that looks super tiny! 

@Tamara76 thank you for posting this, I know the petit pro is out of stock right now, but i've been heavily debated between purchasing that or the Cashmere theory palette. Do you have any wisdom to offer if you have a preference between the Petit and the Theory one you have? Also, is that the Minx or the Cashmere in your pic?

also, sorry for the rediculus peppering of questions!!!

Edit: Now that I look at it more, is the Petit Pro made up of two matte shades and too metallics each from the Cashmere and Minx theory palettes? am I late to the party on knowing this?

@EmmyLove  

The Theory palette pictured here is Minx -  I think maybe 3 shades in Petit Pro are from Minx and 1 or 2 are from Cashmere.   Overall, I like the Petit Pro color combo the best.  The gold in Petit Pro is stunning and it's not in either of the Theory palettes I have and I don't think it's in Chroma, either.

I feel like most shades in Cashmere run a little cooler and I prefer warmer shades, but the mix in the Petit Pro is more workable for everyday looks than Minx.  If you get Petit Pro, you probably don't need any of the Theory palettes. Just my two cents.  Hope this helps!  🙂

@Tamara76 I need to stop looking at your hauls because I want everything!

Odd question do you have a business card or something similar in size that you can put beside the petit pro?  I'm still trying to figure out size comparisons and I don't have any of the Theory palettes yet.

I've got just the thing!  (I'm sure we all have some variation of this as a point of reference - lol!)

petit.jpg

@ElleElleG

and THIS, Sephora, is why you should go back to handing out these cards 😂😂😂 

ETA: I realized I didn't say thanks.  The photo was very helpful, & I want this little bugger more than I did before; thanks for sharing!

You are very welcome!  Those cards are excellent reference tools! 😉

New Palettes are now up for Canada!

This palette has been discontinued for a while now but curious to know if anyone here has it?

images.jpg

@veronika23 Someone in the comments of that post asked them to re-release Pearl Brights - every since Posy first surfaced I've been wondering how similar the two are.

testing