cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE VISEART THREAD

~ Updated Feb 7th 2019 ~

Thought I'd start a thread just for Viseart since so many of us LOVE them. Heart

I love to encourage a small brand as opposed to a brand where you pay for the name. The eye shadow quality can't be beat!

Brand page:

https://www.sephora.com/viseart

NEW

Liaison palette - Available now exclusively at Beautylish

Grande Pro Vol. 2 now at Sephora

https://www.sephora.com/product/grande-pro-volume-2-P440073

Libertine palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/libertine-eyeshadow-palette-P436925

Coy palette - Muse Beauty Pro exclusive 

Coy palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-12-28 at 11.43.52 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 12.42.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.39.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.08 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.20 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.40.54 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.41.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-12-28 at 2.41.10 PM.png

Liaison palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 12.07.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-17 at 7.25.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.52.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.53.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-18 at 5.53.30 PM.png

COMING SOON

Possibly coming out with loose pigments???

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 12.25.49 PM.png

Sneak peeks of possible things to come

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.20.46 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.21.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-28 at 8.21.16 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-02 at 12.27.00 PM.png

WHERE TO BUY

Sephora

Muse Beauty Pro

Beauty Bay

Beautylish

Alcone

Frends Beauty

Posy - Looks like they won't make this happen 😞

Spoiler

Viseart Posy.png

Price breakdown for those interested

Spoiler

Saw this on Facebook a while back and thought I'd add it here.

A 12 color Viseart Eyeshadow Palette is $80 USD (before pro discount). Each eyeshadow pan is 2 grams and valued at approx. $6 ($3.00 per gram).

MAC has reduced the price of their single eyeshadows refills from $10 USD to $6 USD each. So 12 colors at the new reduced price would be $72 USD (before pro discount). Add the $8 USD empty palette to store them and we're back to $80 USD.

EXCEPT: Each MAC eyeshadow pan is only 1.3 grams ($4.62 per gram). You're getting only 15.6 grams of product, as opposed to the 24 grams of eyeshadow in the Viseart palette. That's a loss of over 8 grams of product.

FINAL ANALYSIS:
It would cost $119 USD for MAC to duplicate the Viseart palette (24 grams of MAC eyeshadow at $4.62 per gram and $8 for the palette).

Re: THE VISEART THREAD

@DiVWA I'm not sure I'd say stinker but the bridal palette is not my favorite for sure.  Idiot proof is my ultimate test.  Who wants to spend a lot of time when you're in a hurry!

I think you'd like the theory palettes better!  We'll see.

Thanks for posting I love the look! 

You're welcome.  Pretty as these are swatched, I think they're even more lovely on.  Something about how the light hits the shades.

Here's my try with Cashmere.

im0904160age.jpeg

Spoiler
0904169image.jpeg

I tried it with primer today and that definitely made it more challenging to apply - similar to the experience I have with the FS palettes when I've tried primer.  Basically the shadow sticks to the primer but then is tougher to blend.  This is even with putting down a base shade over the whole lid first.  I found that on top of the primer it made my lids look crackled and crepey.

i used all 6 shades and like @jozkid just blended a lot.

i'm happy with the result. Will update later on wear time.

It's a beautiful palette but I don't think it has quite the oomph of Minx.  Cashmere is more classic and demure; it sort of reminds me of Gwyneth Paltrow. 😆

LOVE this look. You pushed me to buy this 😄

That looks so pretty!

The look is gorgeous ! Why Gwyneth Paltrow ...... lol

Thank you!

Ummm, because she wears a lot of taupey beige? 😆

So I wore Cashmere last night to my son's musical. Holy cow... it is pigmented. So much so that I had to tone it down a bit before we left, and I'm not particularly heavy-handed with my makeup. I didn't notice any wear issues that Mocha had, but my lids aren't oily and I only had it on for about 5 hours.

I put it on again today. I used a primer this time (didn't last night). I'm including a few pics, but I'm sorry they're not that great. How do you guys always manage to take such good ones????

Anyway,...

Viz1.JPG

Overall look

Viz2.JPG

Closeup. I am not cross-eyed. Stupid camera.

Viz3.JPG

My lids. I have all six colors in the palette on. I just blend a whole lot. Lightest shimmer at tear duct and start of lid. Medium shimmer at about half lid and dark shimmer at outer third. Light matte on brow bone, medium matte in crease, dark matte in "V" and as liner. Pardon the two freckles on my eyelid.

I'll keep note of how it wears for me today and report later!

So gorgeous, Joz!  Love the closeup on the eyes 😉

Hello lovely lady 🙂 You and Mocha are killing me. My grabby hand wants to click "order" real bad. I think I want Cashmere the most now.

Thanks @blackkitty2014! I had it on yesterday and I really like it. Very wearable colors. I used a primer with it (I don't usually wear primer) and I had none of the wear issues that Mocha had with Minx. I think I'll try it again today without primer and see how that goes. I'll let you know so you can let your grabby hand do its thing! 🙂

@jozkid @blackkitty2014 I was just coming to update on my trial of Cashmere with primer.

Although I found it harder to blend, it did last all day and 10 hours later it was in the same condition as when I applied it.  

@Mochapj  @blackkitty2014 Just wanted to report that I wore Cashmere again yesterday with no primer and had no issues with creasing or wear. Had it on for at least 10 hours as well. My lids aren't oily, so maybe this formula reacts more to oils in the skin. 

I didn't think I want this...now...I do.  Love!!!!  On you!!!!

Thanks madam! Did you see the swatches I did further in the thread? There are a lot of similarities between this and Nude Dip, but I prefer that this has less shimmer to it.

Yes, I posted swatches even deeper in.  I saw all of these at the makeup show but only got Minx.  This one is so pretty on though...but I do have nude dip.

I'm feeling a little guilty with all my recent purchases (too much) but this one is stunning on you.  You're cooler toned than I am ...but still.  Love!

I received my Minx in the mail yesterday.  It's so pretty I didn't even swatch it.

This is my first Viseart palette.  

I have to say I REALLY like the feel of the packaging.  I just keep rubbing it...hmmmm.

Midday update - I did notice the shades I've used from Minx (all 3 shimmers plus the midtone brown) are creasing and a little faded.

That said, we're having our roof repaired and I've been running up and down the stairs all day (which is more exertion than this kind of makeup look usually gets).  It doesn't look bad as they've all sort of muddled together, but it is different than I've experienced with the full size palettes.

eta: photo with the difference.  It is more like a brown glossy lid now and there is definite creasing

Spoiler
i0804160mage.jpeg

Oh no.  This makes me sad.  I hope the smaller palettes aren't of lesser quality than the large palettes.  That would be a bummer.

@newandaddicted definitely a bummer.  I'm going to test it and Cashmere some more (and with primer) and hope that makes a difference.

It is strange though and makes me wonder if the smaller palettes use a different formulation.

They seem like they are marketed more towards the regular makeup user, while the large palettes were originally designed for professionals and editorial makeup.  I can see a reason why they might choose to use a different formula.

My curiosity is going to make me go find the ingredients lists and compare...

4 Replies
testing