THE TARTE THREAD!!!

[ Edited ]

NEWS, UPCOMING COLLECTIONS, DISCUSSIONS AND SWATCHES!

I was surprised there wasn't a dedicated thread for the brand especially since they have really upped their game recently. So since pretty much every brand has a thread I thought to start one for Tarte!

Re: THE TARTE THREAD!!!

Yikes! The handles are gorgeous, but those bristles just look like they're subpar quality. 

When you have an account on tartecosmetics.com, they offer you a "deluxe birthday gift" during your birthday month. Has anyone received it? If so, do you mind sharing what it is? I'm trying to decide if it's worth placing an order now (with the 20% off birthday code) or waiting for a better sale.

(0) Hearts

This month was the tarteist lash paint mascara. They have 20% off every now and then, so it would come down to whether you are interested in that mascara or not.

Also the 20% does not apply to a few items (incl. shape tape concealer)

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

[ Edited ]

More swatches of the metallic shadows - Available now

Screen Shot 2017-03-23 at 8.46.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-23 at 8.46.37 AM.png

My order arrived about an hour ago. The shadow pallet smells like chocolate! I found it to not be very pigmented at all which is so disapointing. I had to use several swipes and many colors still didn't show up on my arm and I'm very pale. Smiley Sad

The brush fibers seem fine and are very soft but the handles are just cheap plastic. The colored bristles stained really badly on the first swatch.  I'm actually pretty disapointed with both the brushes and the shadow items. I think I should have waited to purchase until I saw it in store but FOMO. I otherwise wouldn't have gotten them. 

I've been going back and forth on placing an order all day but I think I'm going to pass after hearing your thoughts. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I wish you had had a better experience Smiley Sad

Smiley Sad i'm sorry it's a pass. I really wanted to love it but I have to really pack the color on over a bright white base to see anything. The colors are all pretty muddy and the cool tones look terrible on my skin because of the black base. 

i like the highlighter but I could have gotten that on it's own somewhere else. 

the brushes are nice though, just be careful with the handles not to chip them.

Oh wow, very disappointing @rastika! Smiley Sad I'm grateful for your thoughts on the palette. I had been considering jumping on that one as soon as it came in stock. The swatches online look beautiful, but I always take those with a grain of salt. I think I'll pass on it now, I really don't need it anyway.

Glad I could help. Sorry this is a pass, I really wanted to love it

I may or may not have placed a few orders for water bottles and Unicorn horns >.>

My brushes just arrived. Smiley Very Happy

tarte.jpg

I cannot get over the unicorn tissue paper!!

The brushes are beautiful! They are so soft and feel quite sturdy. 

More swatches from Temptalia - These are new metallic shadows for the summer. Some real pretty shades here!

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.57.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.57.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.58.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.58.07 PM.png

Shoot. Dark seas...

Ugh, I never thought I wanted any of these till now. 

[ Edited ]

Swatches of the Makeup Believe in Yourself palette - From Temptalia

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.52.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.52.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.52.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-21 at 2.52.32 PM.png

[ Edited ]

FYI for Canadians; the brush set is live on the website now!

I managed to snag this earlier this morning! Smiley Very Happy

Did the palette actually ever come in stock? Smiley Frustrated

New Sex Kitten palette - available now on Tarte's website

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 8.23.42 AM.png

More swatches of the palette

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 8.22.35 AM.png

So I pulled the trigger and bought the palette as a pre-tax refund gift to myself (I was going to wait for reviews, but my willpower is a joke). Totally didn't need to download the Sephora ap -- if you google the name of the palette, the page for it will come up on Sephora's website. 

Now begins the waiting game!