cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE KVD VEGAN BEAUTY THREAD

~ Updated Jan 16th 2020 ~

Anne gave me the all ok to start a new thread. I will be updating in the next few days with all the new coming products and info she shared on the chat. Please be patient with me lol  Thanks Anne! xo

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/kat-von-d

Kat has left the brand... unsure if all these things that were planned will be put to market. Will keep the info here for the time being. Slightly new name as well.

Spoiler

COMING SOON

Unlock-it Makeup Remover Wipes

Tarot collection

WORKING ON/NEWS

New ELL shades
Working on Metal crush lipsticks (finalizing)

Single shadows (keeping Holy Bible in mind)

Nail Polish

Chula to be made in liquid lipstick

Thought about creating false lashes

KVD x Kandee J collab

More metal crush shadows?

NEW Mascara Go Big Or Go Home

Pigments? (neon green)
Working on Lock-It "Light" (dewy) foundation

Working on Metal Matte II palette

Metal Crush lipsticks

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.14.14 PM.png

Studded Kiss components?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 9.01.48 AM.png
*Originally saw these last year in the photo with the rock candy set.

KVD x Kandee J

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.55.57 AM.png

Re: THE KVD THREAD

New lipsticks - Available now on her site - July 26th at Sephora

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 9.32.26 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-07-25 at 9.32.37 AM.png

Is it just me or did she not even try with the shade names?

with the scandal I have a feeling they don't want to acci...

with the scandal I have a feeling they don't want to accidentally have her name something that will cause another stir. Especially after the Fenty "geisha chic" blush (since Fenty and kvd are run by the same company)

@Mechart - I like the shade names.  They're simple and descriptive; you know what color you're getting.

@Titian06that's true -- its just they're nothing like what she used to name shades. They're completely uncreative, boring, standard.

Cake pencil eyeliner 20190302_102109.jpg

20190302_102142.jpg

20190302_102346.jpg

I feel like this thread has been a little dead since Kat came out as an anti-vaxxer. It makes me sad, because I remember how lively it used to be and how excited I would get for new posts here! Some of you found new product leaks so quickly

With the outbreak of measles happening in a few states, i...

With the outbreak of measles happening in a few states, it is relieving to know that people are concerned about antivaccers. People that don't vaccinate put everyone at risk, but especially the weakest among newborns and the elderly.

The newborns, elderly, cancer patients, the sick, and any...

The newborns, elderly, cancer patients, the sick, and any immuno-compromised people who actually can't get vaccinated are at the most risk! It doesn't matter what people do in their own homes but if it puts people's lives around them at stake, then it absolutely matters and is grounds for concern. I'm immuno-compromised, it's 2019, and we still have to worry about outbreaks of easily-preventable diseases.

It IS a shame. I used to love her new releases. It's not that I wouldn't buy anything new from her, but I guess with her bizarre politics she insists on letting the world know, any interest I've had in her products just kind of fizzled out. I notice that her releases weren't sold out, and a lot wound up in the sale bin, something that NEVER happened before. It really is a shame. She used to have one of my favorite makeup brands.

That and other stuff like publicly making fatphobic statements that she aired (audio) on her social media.

Only around then did I learn about her racist stunts...

I know she doesn't actually own her brand (she sold it in 2014 and is only a designer), but the stuff she says and does makes me not want to support it. She basically ruined it for me, to be honest. That and nothing good has really come out this past year, makes it easier. Look how quickly her new releases (ALL of them) wound up in clearance bins and discount stores.

I still have like... 3 of her products in my makeup routine, but everything else went into destash pretty quick.

More swatches of the Lolita palette - available now

Screen Shot 2019-02-10 at 11.14.58 AM.png

I'm 99% sure I have most of those shades in two of her eye quads lol.

KVD Saint and Sinner drip candles - available now in the US

https://www.sephora.com/product/saint-drip-candle-P440632

KAT VON D - Saint Drip Candle

https://www.sephora.com/product/sinner-drip-candle-P440633

KAT VON D - Sinner Drip Candle

Screen Shot 2019-01-19 at 11.00.47 AM.png

These seem like a money grab (seriously overpriced) in light of recent release flops.

I can't see a product like this lasting very long. I used to use shadow sticks when I was a teen and they usually went off within a year. Pressed powders or loose pigments are much more reliable.

@veronika23 - The Saint + Sinner pre-dipped (pillar) candles are available now on the KVD website.

Thanks @Titian06! 🙂  Was just coming to post. 😄

4,065 Replies
testing